Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Dunno why I bothered replying to you tbh :awesome:
    xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    By that I mean judging by statistics in terms of goals and its relativity to the team (aka Kane has won Spurs 22 points, compared to say Hazard who has won 11 points) and the proportion of the teams goals scored (would wager Kane has one of the highest percentages out of the top teams for this).
    How do you work out points won individually. Obviously three goals for a winner, but if they scored the first goal and a team won 2-1 do you give them 3 points, 1 point as without that goal their team may have drawn or even lost. What about when a team is winning 1-0 and they score to make it 2-0. Do you give them 3 points, 1 point, 0.5 points or 0 points? While I think that method is a good way of pointing out how influential a player has been over a season it's too ambiguous.

Think Hazard deserves it on what's he's done in the big games too. This year in all competitions he's scored the winner against United, against Liverpool, won and converted a penalty against Arsenal, got the winner against West Ham, scored against Spurs, scored against PSG, got an assist in each game against Manchester City, a last minute assist in the West London derby a few weeks ago...whereas Sanchez has often gone missing in the bigger games and failed to make any impact against either Chelsea or Manchester United and only 5 of his goals in the Premier League have been against the top 6 sides - he's a bit of a flat track bully in all honesty.

Against the top 7 sides Kane has 5 goals and 2 assists (and half of those came against Chelsea), while Hazard has 6 goals and 4 assists in the league, with more goals in the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    How do you work out points won individually. Obviously three goals for a winner, but if they scored the first goal and a team won 2-1 do you give them 3 points, 1 point as without that goal their team may have drawn or even lost. What about when a team is winning 1-0 and they score to make it 2-0. Do you give them 3 points, 1 point, 0.5 points or 0 points? While I think that method is a good way of pointing out how influential a player has been over a season it's too ambigious.
    I agree it's ambigious in that regard, and they work it out out with the influential goals (aka to make it 2-0 in a 2-0 win won't be given points), so it does give some sort of indicator though.
    Right call was made anyway, Hazard has been the best player in the league for the best team.

Anyway check out this saltiness. That's some good lemon tears.

ReputationRep:
    I agree it's ambigious in that regard, and they work it out out with the influential goals (aka to make it 2-0 in a 2-0 win won't be given points), so it does give some sort of indicator though.
    Right call was made anyway, Hazard has been the best player in the league for the best team.

That guy is pathetic. Could think of so many reasons why everything he said is horse sh*te.

Don't know if these two nonces are known by Arsenal fans on Twitter but they are a waste of bandwidth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    That guy is pathetic. Could think of so many reasons why everything he said is horse sh*te.

Don't know if these two nonces are known by Arsenal fans on Twitter but they are a waste of bandwidth.
    Hopefully troll but I really wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway Arsenal bitterness makes my day. Still remember the tears after we won there earlier in the season, saltiness was real.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a true football fan you'd respect your opposition, sadly for fans of "big clubs" this is not the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If you're a true football fan you'd respect your opposition, sadly for fans of "big clubs" this is not the case
    If you're a true football fan, you respect opposition that is deserving. The big clubs are not as deserving of respect because it goes against the spirit of the game to just buy your trophies. Yes, it's within the rules, and yes, there's nothing technically against it, but when you are more willing to spend £30m on an average foreigner with a big name than develop your own players, it's going against a sense of fair play. Arsene really kickstarted the idea of bringing in foreigners to play in the domestic league en-masse as far as I know (he was the first manager to play a full XI of non-English players), but even then he has always held training youth players as crucial to a club, and these days there is an English resurgence. In that sense, Spurs, Southampton and co deserve some levels of respect for that particular reason, whereas City and Chelsea less so.

I'm not going to say Arsenal are some kind of perfectly moral club, or that we are somehow more 'classy' than others, because lord knows our fans can be some of the scummiest, and whilst spending has been somewhat non-existent in the past decade, Wenger has always seemed to favour the notion of importing Europeans (particularly the Spanish and French), but there is no reason we should be forced to respect the opposition or else we aren't true football fans (we should respect someone like Bournemouth more than someone like City).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    If you're a true football fan, you respect opposition that is deserving. The big clubs are not as deserving of respect because it goes against the spirit of the game to just buy your trophies. Yes, it's within the rules, and yes, there's nothing technically against it, but when you are more willing to spend £30m on an average foreigner with a big name than develop your own players, it's going against a sense of fair play. Arsene really kickstarted the idea of bringing in foreigners to play in the domestic league en-masse as far as I know (he was the first manager to play a full XI of non-English players), but even then he has always held training youth players as crucial to a club, and these days there is an English resurgence. In that sense, Spurs, Southampton and co deserve some levels of respect for that particular reason, whereas City and Chelsea less so.

I'm not going to say Arsenal are some kind of perfectly moral club, or that we are somehow more 'classy' than others, because lord knows our fans can be some of the scummiest, and whilst spending has been somewhat non-existent in the past decade, Wenger has always seemed to favour the notion of importing Europeans (particularly the Spanish and French), but there is no reason we should be forced to respect the opposition or else we aren't true football fans (we should respect someone like Bournemouth more than someone like City).
    #salty

ReputationRep:

Hard to watch the delusion there

ReputationRep:
    #salty
    10/10 response would read again. (How did you manage to get the other account banned?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    10/10 response would read again. (How did you manage to get the other account banned?)
    Think LP banned me.

ReputationRep:
    Think LP banned me.
    You're in there.

ReputationRep:
    Moh wouldn't give a **** if Usmanov injected ****loads into the club. The discussion shouldn't be about how Chelsea played negatively, but more how we couldn't find a way through because we're simply not the finished article yet.

ReputationRep:
    really want liverpool to loose/draw tonight.

dont want them to get within 4pts of united.

Not because they could overtake them, but I just down want united to have the extra motivation of someone being close behind them..

ReputationRep:
    Come on here after a few days, all I see is people still being butthurt with each other. Thread is dead.

ReputationRep:
    signing iker? thought we already signed him in 2006 and 07 and 08 and...

our youth teams have been performing really **** recently, obviously results matter less at those levels but our record is still poor. were not even in top flight and we get outplayed consistently.

could probably name 4 players who could make it at premiership level too, which is a shame because I could name more in spurs youth teams. would really like us to invest more in to attracting the right level of players within our catchment area but maybe im being too harsh as we're in a state of rehabilitation after bradys departure and maybe it is slowly improving.

ReputationRep:
    Hazard finally getting the respect he deserves, never seen anybody manipulate the ball like him in a Chelsea shirt. Would argue he'll be better than Zidane and Iniesta in his prime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Hazard finally getting the respect he deserves, never seen anybody manipulate the ball like him in a Chelsea shirt. Would argue he'll be better than Zidane and Iniesta in his prime.
    You been on that strong spliff today yeah?

ReputationRep:
    You been on that strong spliff today yeah?
    No not really. Hazard has that potential, he has goals to his game unlike those two and can control a game single handedly.

Think it's bull**** anybody saying Hazard ain't a big game player too. Similar to the guys saying Ronaldo doesn't perform in big games because he plays in a poverty portugal team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    No not really. Hazard has that potential, he has goals to his game unlike those two and can control a game single handedly.

Think it's bull**** anybody saying Hazard ain't a big game player too. Similar to the guys saying Ronaldo doesn't perform in big games because he plays in a poverty portugal team.
    Yeah I agree. Thing about Hazard is he plays in a defensive system and is regularly double marked due to poverty AM's he plays with aka Willian. Put the guy in a team like Madrid and let him stay forward he'll get 30 goals. Anyway he scored in big games last season vs Liverpool etc. and in big games this season, e.g United and Arsenal hence its BS.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.