The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^Tinpot mentality
My big concern now is Wenger won't buy another striker! If he thinks Giroud is good enough then he seriously needs to go. We don't play Villa and Iceland every week - let's not forget this guy's three month goal drought from January to April so easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
people always claim that asian players are brought for financial reasons..*

Whilst I think it probably plays a small factor into it.. If arsenal really wanted to sign a player for pure asian reasons, they would get a chinese player. Serriously, *instant millions of new fans - they treat basketball and football playes who play for major clubs as national heros over here. Buy wang from china, play him in a few cup games = open up a few arsenal shops in major chinese cities = profit.*
[QUOTE=fallen_acorns;66253483]people always claim that asian players are brought for financial reasons..*

Whilst I think it probably plays a small factor into it.. If arsenal really wanted to sign a player for pure asian reasons, they would get a chinese player. Serriously, *instant millions of new fans - they treat basketball and football playes who play for major clubs as national heros over here. Buy wang from china, play him in a few cup games = open up a few arsenal shops in major chinese cities = profit.*

It's plainly obvious that it is just racism.
Original post by James.Carnell
It's plainly obvious that it is just racism.

Yeah, and?
The last Japanese teenager you bought was touted as the new Messi and ended up on loan at Bolton

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit

I shall assume this is trolling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit

szezcny
Reply 8429
I remember being excited that we'd finally spend money on star players, or at least 1 star player each season.Wenger's last signings have been awful btw

Asano - Awful, don't care

Xhaka - Jury's out

Elneny - Jury's out

Cech - Right place/time

Welbeck - Awful

Chambers - Awful

Ospina - Awful

Debuchy - Awful

Sanchez - Right place/time

Ozil - Right place/time

0 faith we're signing anyone good this season when Xhaka has already cost more than £30m. Bring on 4th place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
at least 1 star player each season.

Ozil, Sanchez, Cech, Xhaka?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8431
Original post by sr90
Ozil, Sanchez, Cech, Xhaka?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Xhaka is not a star signing in the caliber of the other 3. Cech hardly counts either considering his age and price.
I think in terms of realistic striker targets we should have a punt on one of the following:

Mario Gomez
Pelle
Berahinho
Bojan
Jay Rodriguez

At worst they'll just provide depth, when Giroud goes missing for 4 months, at best they could chip in with 20 goals a season.
Original post by AR_95
Xhaka is not a star signing in the caliber of the other 3. Cech hardly counts either considering his age and price.

33 isn't old for a keeper. It's like buying a 28 year old striker.
Reply 8434
Original post by sr90
33 isn't old for a keeper. It's like buying a 28 year old striker.

But we basically spent nothing that window
Original post by AR_95
But we basically spent nothing that window

You said 1 key player a year

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about all these rumors about Arsenal paying £34 Million for Lacazette?
Reply 8437
Original post by Playmaker#10
What about all these rumors about Arsenal paying £34 Million for Lacazette?

Not too sure about him tbh, in his last season he got, what 21 goals? Considering how **** the French league is, he should be getting more.

He did have a good season last season or the one before, where he got 27 goals but I think 9 or 10 of them were penalties if I remember correctly. He hasn't been scoring many goals from open play.. Giroud got like 20 for Montpellier before he signed for us.

Having said that, literally anyone who's a slight improvement to Giroud will do

Really want Morata tbh
Reply 8438
Also wouldn't mind Lukaku tbh, with the current strikers available
Original post by SA-1
Not too sure about him tbh, in his last season he got, what 21 goals? Considering how **** the French league is, he should be getting more.

He did have a good season last season or the one before, where he got 27 goals but I think 9 or 10 of them were penalties if I remember correctly. He hasn't been scoring many goals from open play.. Giroud got like 20 for Montpellier before he signed for us.

Having said that, literally anyone who's a slight improvement to Giroud will do

Really want Morata tbh

Part of that is because of the injury to their playmaker Fekir.

In just about 100 games he's played for Lyon he had nearly 70 goals, so he is very clinical and a great improvement from Giroud, and he can also run with the ball and create goals on his own, rather than stand and wait for the ball to come to you the way giroud does.

Morata would also be a massive improvement

Latest