Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
thanks for the hugs kayls. Feeling a bit better now.

I really don't want to tell her because I'm scared what she'll say it means. She won't change meds :sad: I've tried quite a few antipsychotics and none have helped, she refuses to change it but I might get my mum to have a word see if she can convince her.

How are you becki? Haven't seen you around hope you're doing alright.

I think you should definitely mention to her what's happening. I know it's scary but unless you tell her she can't help you :hugs:

I'm not doing very well at all at the moment to be honest. I've just made a post in H&R called please help, I don't know what to do, if you want to know what's going on. I don't feel able to come into this thread anymore though because I've been away for so long and also because I'm finding it very hard to support people.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I think you should definitely mention to her what's happening. I know it's scary but unless you tell her she can't help you :hugs:

I'm not doing very well at all at the moment to be honest. I've just made a post in H&R called please help, I don't know what to do, if you want to know what's going on. I don't feel able to come into this thread anymore though because I've been away for so long and also because I'm finding it very hard to support people.
You're always welcome in this thread becki, but I'm sorry to hear you're not doing so well right now. :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're always welcome in this thread becki, but I'm sorry to hear you're not doing so well right now. :hugs:
Thanks and thank you also for replying to my thead. :hugs:
xxkaylsxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i have such a bad day, i wish it would all end. i'm so tired of pretending everything is fine when its not.
Sat alone in a lesson today, on the other side of the classroom as my ex-best friend was in there. Everyone was acting like i didnt exist, i could swear i turn invisible sometimes. i hate my life :cry:

sorry, really feeling dreadful right now, how is everyone else today?
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
There's too much depression in my family, does my head in. My Dad had a breakdown and was depressed for years; then I was, and now my mum is. I am just about keeping my head above water, thanks to Citalopram.
Antimatter
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
There's too much depression in my family, does my head in. My Dad had a breakdown and was depressed for years; then I was, and now my mum is. I am just about keeping my head above water, thanks to Citalopram.
:jumphug:
I can't really say much, but we all love you muchly on TSR (wait, was that meant to make you feel better? :p:) and also, I know the feeling about just keeping above water with ADs, it's what I've been doing for years :/
Are you seeing a councelor or something? I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
(Gawd, I'm crap at these things) it's meant to be nice, honest!

Jess xxx
Future Doc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why do GPs (or just mine) push anti-depressants so much, even if it's "just" for the exam period.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sian_bedford)
:cry:
I don't want to do this anymore
Want to talk? :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Future Doc)
Why do GPs (or just mine) push anti-depressants so much, even if it's "just" for the exam period.
Because it's cheaper and less hassle for the GP to fob you off with ADs than actually address the problems and sort out counselling or CBT or something.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sian_bedford)
I sent you a pm.
How are you?
I gave up. I've come home from uni, don't know how long for, just to stop me hurting myself. I feel like such a huge failure.
Laus
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antimatter)
:jumphug:
I can't really say much, but we all love you muchly on TSR (wait, was that meant to make you feel better? :p:) and also, I know the feeling about just keeping above water with ADs, it's what I've been doing for years :/
Are you seeing a councelor or something? I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
(Gawd, I'm crap at these things) it's meant to be nice, honest!

Jess xxx
Thank you. We love you too :smile:. TSR has actually been a lifesaver for me. I don't think being on antidepressants is anything to be ashamed of; I guess I just wish I could feel OK without being dosed up to the eyeballs. I'm sure you understand.

I'm not seeing a counsellor, but it would probably help. I find it very hard to see my mum depressed and I can't really confide in my Dad because we aren't very close. It's understandable that she feels like this but I still wish it wasn't the case. It's horrible when things aren't constant around you and you are unable to fix situations or make people feel better. I think feeling helpless is one of the things that can trigger depressive episodes.

I feel a lot better than I did but the bouts I do get seem worse, somehow. But I guess it could just be the contrast to how I feel when I'm 'OK'.

You're not crap. Thanks for caring and for listening.

xxx
Laus
Report 9 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFYEW...e=channel_page
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Thank you. We love you too :smile:. TSR has actually been a lifesaver for me. I don't think being on antidepressants is anything to be ashamed of; I guess I just wish I could feel OK without being dosed up to the eyeballs. I'm sure you understand.

I'm not seeing a counsellor, but it would probably help. I find it very hard to see my mum depressed and I can't really confide in my Dad because we aren't very close. It's understandable that she feels like this but I still wish it wasn't the case. It's horrible when things aren't constant around you and you are unable to fix situations or make people feel better. I think feeling helpless is one of the things that can trigger depressive episodes.

I feel a lot better than I did but the bouts I do get seem worse, somehow. But I guess it could just be the contrast to how I feel when I'm 'OK'.

You're not crap. Thanks for caring and for listening.

xxx

:yep: Me too.

I hope your mum gets better soon. Are you close to your brother? (i.e. Do you think you could confide in him at all?)

:hugs: Best wishes.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is it okay if I come back into this thread again? I'm sorry I've been away for so long.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is it okay if I come back into this thread again? I'm sorry I've been away for so long.
Of course, fine by me, Becki. :hugs: How are you feeling today?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Of course, fine by me, Becki. :hugs: How are you feeling today?

Haven't had a great day. Spent 2.5 hours at the medical practice, my psychologist had to break confidentiality as I'm 'high suicide risk' and my doctor has made an emergency referral to the CMHT and I should be seen on Sunday afternoon as I'm at home for the next 2 days. Not feeling too great if I'm honest.

How are you? :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:hugs:

becki, you've got nothing to apologise for. We all missed you. :hugs:
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't see the abuse therapist because she's treating the guy who raped me which makes it a conflict of interest or some **** like that. brilliant.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi everyone, it's me again with another apology. I'm so so tired at the minute that I just don't have the energy to come on here and chat or even text/msn/facebook those of you who I talk to outside of here. I'm so so sorry :o: I'm such a crap friend but I just feel so so tired. I went to the doctors today and she's said it's either my anaemia getting worse or chronic fatigue syndrome. Have to have a blood test on Monday and then I'll find out the results in 2 weeks time.

Do any of you have any suggestions of ways to pass the time at work? I'm stuck in a shop on my own, not allowed to take a book or anything with me and I get so so bored. Nothing to do in there at all and I'm stuck listening to the same few songs on repeat. It drives me insane. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
xxkaylsxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Hi everyone, it's me again with another apology. I'm so so tired at the minute that I just don't have the energy to come on here and chat or even text/msn/facebook those of you who I talk to outside of here. I'm so so sorry :o: I'm such a crap friend but I just feel so so tired. I went to the doctors today and she's said it's either my anaemia getting worse or chronic fatigue syndrome. Have to have a blood test on Monday and then I'll find out the results in 2 weeks time.

Do any of you have any suggestions of ways to pass the time at work? I'm stuck in a shop on my own, not allowed to take a book or anything with me and I get so so bored. Nothing to do in there at all and I'm stuck listening to the same few songs on repeat. It drives me insane. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Perhaps create new words for the songs? it does sound really boring :yep:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads