Reply 8440
Ny oxford submission details:

Saabgirl
English Literature and language
GCSE; 4*A,2 A,4 B
AS; AAAAB
College; Exeter
Original post by imre93
I've just been told my allocated college is Mansfield!

Are there any Mansfield-ers out there, particularly for History? :tongue:

I applied to Mansfield for Human sciences :smile: Its so lovely, the library's beautiful, it's quite a small college too :redface:
Original post by such_a_lady
Just got my college confirmation from Magdalen!!! :woo:

THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT :frown:

:biggrin: Yay! And you'll obviously be fine! Just from you posts on this forum it's easy to see your infatuation with all aspects of German literature and culture :rofl:
I have been allocated to Christ Church :biggrin:

It looks very old and nice and grassy. Maybe Oxford is nudging St. Andrews out of favourite uni spot...

Have been spending far too long newtabbing threads on Wordreference forums and filling in cover sheets and hunting up three paperclips.
Reply 8444
Original post by calamitysarah
I applied to Mansfield for Human sciences :smile: Its so lovely, the library's beautiful, it's quite a small college too :redface:

I must confess, I have scarcely heard about it until today :colondollar:

But as soon as I visited the website, I loved it :biggrin:

I never knew that either! At least other essays are fine too though :smile:

Oxford say that written work should be no more than 2,000 words, do you think it'll matter if one of mine is 2,171 words? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8446
I've got the TSA in a little over a week but rather than doing any sort of preparation, I carved a cyberpumpkin.
Time well spent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8447
Original post by fluteflute
If you go to our FB group, then someone posted "Who is fluteflute?" :tongue:

That's hilarious! You're basically famous :P

Just got my college confirmation from Magdalen!!! :woo:

If anyone cared:

Spoiler

I didn't know they made every medicine applicant come to Oxford for the interview! And all EU people too! I thought they'd oly make UK people come. Shows how much I know :P

10th of dec seems soon to get all that written work sent off though :-/ I suppose you have to allow for posting time and all that!
I just got mine as well :smile:
And it looks exactly the same (except for the course bit) :tongue:

If anyone cared:

Spoiler

hey! i've applied to mansfield for english language and literature - i've literally seen no one else applying to mansfield, good to see i'm not alone! :biggrin:
Original post by emmawelton94
hey! i've applied to mansfield for english language and literature - i've literally seen no one else applying to mansfield, good to see i'm not alone! :biggrin:

How many places are there for your course at Mansfield? for mine there's only two :eek:
I got put into St. Hilda's (open application)-

Quite pleased, actually :smile:
Original post by Emgrace

10th of dec seems soon to get all that written work sent off though :-/ I suppose you have to allow for posting time and all that!

10th November?
Reply 8453
Original post by chinaberry
10th November?

It said in the email they got that oxford needed to recieve their written work in post by 10th of december :smile:

I feel left out of the excitement with everyone finding out what college they've been allocated too...but then, I applied to a college :P
How many places are there for your course at Mansfield? for mine there's only two :eek:

whoa that's teeny, hope it goes well for you though! there's seven for mine, so i feel not so suicidally-without-a-hope, however, i generally feel like this about everywhere i've applied D:
Reply 8455
I have no idea how to edit the stalking page so could someone add me?

Username:xmusicx
Subject:Mathematics
GCSE:11A* 2A
AS:AAAAAA
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*A (also doing Add Futher Maths on my own so no prediction)
College:Worcester
whoa that's teeny, hope it goes well for you though! there's seven for mine, so i feel not so suicidally-without-a-hope, however, i generally feel like this about everywhere i've applied D:

I have my fingers crossed :tongue: seven's quite high for mansfield, but the woman at the open day who does admissions is one of the English tutors :smile: where else did you apply to?
I have my fingers crossed :tongue: seven's quite high for mansfield, but the woman at the open day who does admissions is one of the English tutors :smile: where else did you apply to?

i'm sure you'll be fine :smile: that's what i thought, oh yeah is that lucinda rumsey? i listened to a podcast with her in it, she seemed pretty nice :smile: i've applied to two separate ones at warwick, UEA and reading. yourself?
Reply 8458

Hi there! where can i get to know how many places my college of choice has for the course?:confused:
Original post by Emgrace
It said in the email they got that oxford needed to recieve their written work in post by 10th of december :smile:

I feel left out of the excitement with everyone finding out what college they've been allocated too...but then, I applied to a college :P

Really? Wow lucky them!
I think for most of the people it is November.

I read somewhere that open applications are less successful! Have no idea whether that is grounded in veracity or not.

I just asked myself what the gender of November was. Time to switch over to History homework I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending