Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
imre93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just been told my allocated college is Mansfield!

Are there any Mansfield-ers out there, particularly for History?
Saabgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ny oxford submission details:

Saabgirl
English Literature and language
GCSE; 4*A,2 A,4 B
AS; AAAAB
College; Exeter
calamitysarah
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imre93)
I've just been told my allocated college is Mansfield!

Are there any Mansfield-ers out there, particularly for History?
I applied to Mansfield for Human sciences Its so lovely, the library's beautiful, it's quite a small college too
manic_fuzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
Just got my college confirmation from Magdalen!!! :woo:

THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT
Yay! And you'll obviously be fine! Just from you posts on this forum it's easy to see your infatuation with all aspects of German literature and culture :rofl:
chinaberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have been allocated to Christ Church

It looks very old and nice and grassy. Maybe Oxford is nudging St. Andrews out of favourite uni spot...

Have been spending far too long newtabbing threads on Wordreference forums and filling in cover sheets and hunting up three paperclips.
imre93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by calamitysarah)
I applied to Mansfield for Human sciences Its so lovely, the library's beautiful, it's quite a small college too
I must confess, I have scarcely heard about it until today

But as soon as I visited the website, I loved it
Banoffeepie16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT
I never knew that either! At least other essays are fine too though

Oxford say that written work should be no more than 2,000 words, do you think it'll matter if one of mine is 2,171 words?
Doojam
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've got the TSA in a little over a week but rather than doing any sort of preparation, I carved a cyberpumpkin.
Time well spent.
Emgrace
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fluteflute)
If you go to our FB group, then someone posted "Who is fluteflute?"
That's hilarious! You're basically famous :P

Just got my college confirmation from Magdalen!!! :woo:

THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT

If anyone cared:

Spoiler:
Show

[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]
I didn't know they made every medicine applicant come to Oxford for the interview! And all EU people too! I thought they'd oly make UK people come. Shows how much I know :P

10th of dec seems soon to get all that written work sent off though :-/ I suppose you have to allow for posting time and all that!
tohuwabohu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just got mine as well
And it looks exactly the same (except for the course bit)

If anyone cared:

Spoiler:
Show

emmawelton94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey! i've applied to mansfield for english language and literature - i've literally seen no one else applying to mansfield, good to see i'm not alone!
calamitysarah
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emmawelton94)
hey! i've applied to mansfield for english language and literature - i've literally seen no one else applying to mansfield, good to see i'm not alone!
How many places are there for your course at Mansfield? for mine there's only two :eek:
Your New Shoes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got put into St. Hilda's (open application)-

Quite pleased, actually
chinaberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Emgrace)
10th of dec seems soon to get all that written work sent off though :-/ I suppose you have to allow for posting time and all that!
10th November?
Emgrace
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chinaberry)
10th November?
It said in the email they got that oxford needed to recieve their written work in post by 10th of december

I feel left out of the excitement with everyone finding out what college they've been allocated too...but then, I applied to a college :P
emmawelton94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How many places are there for your course at Mansfield? for mine there's only two :eek:
whoa that's teeny, hope it goes well for you though! there's seven for mine, so i feel not so suicidally-without-a-hope, however, i generally feel like this about everywhere i've applied D:
xmusicx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have no idea how to edit the stalking page so could someone add me?

Username:xmusicx
Subject:Mathematics
GCSE:11A* 2A
AS:AAAAAA
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*A (also doing Add Futher Maths on my own so no prediction)
College:Worcester
calamitysarah
Report 7 years ago
whoa that's teeny, hope it goes well for you though! there's seven for mine, so i feel not so suicidally-without-a-hope, however, i generally feel like this about everywhere i've applied D:
I have my fingers crossed seven's quite high for mansfield, but the woman at the open day who does admissions is one of the English tutors where else did you apply to?
emmawelton94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have my fingers crossed seven's quite high for mansfield, but the woman at the open day who does admissions is one of the English tutors where else did you apply to?
i'm sure you'll be fine that's what i thought, oh yeah is that lucinda rumsey? i listened to a podcast with her in it, she seemed pretty nice i've applied to two separate ones at warwick, UEA and reading. yourself?
pai2502
Report 7 years ago
Hi there! where can i get to know how many places my college of choice has for the course?:confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads