Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Post-match conference:

It's a big disappointment because we started well and suddenly everything went against us. Even at 10 men we had chances to come back to 2-2. We have some problems to get players back for Wednesday night. We could have won the game, there were a lot of positives in our game. That is what we have to focus on. We have to live with [the Koscileny penalty decision]. It doesn't mean you have to lose the game. We are hugely disappointed to start with a defeat. It is a huge, huge blow for us.

We were on the market before the game and it is the same after the game.

Gibbs has a deep cut, Sagna, Rosicky has a problem. Ramsey has a problem with a kick on his ankle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Every post of yours on this thread is complaining and it even verges on being disrespectful.
    "Wenger is turning into a prick" - you don't think that shows a lack of respect? I acknowledge not everyone wants Wenger here but you don't have to call him a prick. Does it not occur to you that the reason he struggles is because he has no help alongside him? Maybe if the board arranged that - and in terms of the club, the board are more powerful than Wenger in what they can do - he wouldn't struggle so much.
    It was more frustration than dislike for him. I actually Wenger is the right guy buy he needs to do something about this - he is the manager after all. The buck will always stop with him. Even if the board they'd get get someone to help him with transfers he'd refuse it.

I'm just frustrated that we've done nothing to address our problems. The season ended in May, so that's three months. It's no good looking at UTD and Chelsea. UTD are champions so they're a damn strong team already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post-match conference:
    He says everything went against them but what about Gabby? I admit the 2nd pen wasn't a pen and nor was the red card but Sczeszny should have gone when he took Gabby down.

The result was fair in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ano1)
    I stopped reading after this tbh. Read your own advice.
    Idiotic might be a strong word, but it is not sensible for some-one (and this part of my post was not directed at any one individual) to completely change their opinion on the quality of the squad and our manager based on 90 minutes. It is most definitely reactionary, particularly as these will have been the same people that turn from "Wenger is a prick" to "Wenger is a god" depending on our every result.

ReputationRep:
    Too make things worse, Van Persie just scored a great goal And I saw it in high quality on my hdtv because sky sports is free today. Just my ****ing luck:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)
    lol theres plenty of managers who have the balls to buy players and spend money. Wenger doesnt. I guess your happy with the current state of this team?
    name one that could realistically replace arsene wenger:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    Most people will say Klopp when they hardly know anything about him.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like this knee jerk reactions. ...wenger has to STAY but needs to sign players!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post-match conference:
    Wenger's comment post-Villa:

"We could have won the game today with the players we had on the pitch, I'm convinced of that."

Care to explain what he means. That's another thing, he sometimes baffles me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find it seriously funny that a bunch of amateurs on tsr think they know better than a very successful yes successful premier league manager....

Arsene's not stupid, he knows the squad is a bit thin he said it himself for crying out loud. He must obviously be in the process of signing players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    It was more frustration than dislike for him. I actually Wenger is the right guy buy he needs to do something about this - he is the manager after all. The buck will always stop with him. Even if the board they'd get get someone to help him with transfers he'd refuse it.

I'm just frustrated that we've done nothing to address our problems. The season ended in May, so that's three months. It's no good looking at UTD and Chelsea. UTD are champions so they're a damn strong team already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The board have the power to sack him, the board have more power over Arsenal than he does, however they are also completely gutless and seem content with letting him run 100% of the club. If they said to him "we're bringing in people to help you or we'll sack you if there's no trophies at the end of this season", obviously he'd either have to comply or quit. Unfortunately, Kroenke isn't the type to do that and if you look at the other sports clubs he owns, he is equally as passive and silent an owner in those as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Wenger's comment post-Villa:

"We could have won the game today with the players we had on the pitch, I'm convinced of that."

Care to explain what he means. That's another thing, he sometimes baffles me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He has a point but the players lost their heads tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    I don't like this knee jerk reactions. ...wenger has to STAY but needs to sign players!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. It'd be stupid to get rid of him but at the same time it's been stupid of him to not have addressed our problems. He's the manager, gets paid for the job, so it's only right the buck stops with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    As the guy said above klopp. i would like someone in the pedigree of joachim lowe. But as I said, a a manager who has the ball to spend some money.

Now if you can answer my question, are you happy with the current squad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    He has a point but the players lost their heads tbh
    He doesn't Jam (it's the Villa fan.) Sczeszny should have been sent off after about 25 mins or whatever it was. They played 30 mins with 10 men, should have been about 60 with 10 men.

ReputationRep:
    And realistically who is there we can buy? There's no point fiddling with Suarez as that isn't gonna happen. I think we should join the race for Willian. He'd give us that something else from the wing. Also a striker - but no idea who.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)
    As the guy said above klopp. i would like someone in the pedigree of joachim lowe. But as I said, a a manager who has the ball to spend some money.

Now if you can answer my question, are you happy with the current squad?
    Arsene's not stupid, he knows the squad is a bit thin he said it himself for crying out loud. He must obviously be in the process of signing players.

Oh and I said realistically replace Wenger, Klopp doesn't want to leave Dortmund
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Most people will say Klopp when they hardly know anything about him.
    Why would Klopp leave Dortmund?

Arsenal fans have been so smug this summer. Glad to see them taken back to reality.

ReputationRep:
    Dreadful game. Ref was shocking and Rosicky can't finish a packet of crisps.

GOD I HOPE WE WIN mid-week that's all I'm saying

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or did szczesny get a touch on the first pen? I thought it at the time but haven't seen it mentioned since...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.