Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Can tell you didn't read the post.

That Leverkusen is remembered very fondly.
    The losers are remembered, but nowhere near as much as the winners, doesn't matter who played the better football or who had the better decorations in their stadium.

Tell me, how many people talk about Cloughs relegation with Forest compared to winning two ECs in a row?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bound 2)
    Come to our thread and see if anyone tries to pull this ****? It's general football fan behaviour but that doesn't mean it's desirable.

And why delete your other post? What's the point in deleting it after having spent years writing out those two paragraphs haha
    It's been done and yeah I agree.

Didn't delete anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    The losers are remembered, but nowhere near as much as the winners, doesn't matter who played the better football or who had the better decorations in their stadium.

Tell me, how many people talk about Cloughs relegation with Forest compared to winning two ECs in a row?
    Where did I say that. Jheeze, lets argue for argument sakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    That Leverkusen is remembered very fondly.
    Seeing as I know sweet fa about German football I can't really comment, but does anyone remember Avram Grant's Chelsea, who came so close in 3/4 competitions too?

(Original post by 419)
    It's been done and yeah I agree.

Didn't delete anything.
    To address it anyway: there are, admittedly, certain exclusive criteria for non-winning memorable teams. Underdog stories, sometimes. Revolutionary playing styles yeah. Memorable rivalries or specific incidents. It's an open list.

Arsenal of the last decade don't fit into any of the criteria though, and success IS the main reason why teams are remembered.

edit: Relating back to the original point (this argument wasn't with you): downplaying your own lack of success on the basis that Chelsea's is plastic is short termist and hollow. And the argument just doesn't swing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bound 2)
    Seeing as I know sweet fa about German football I can't really comment, but does anyone remember Avram Grant's Chelsea, who came so close in 3/4 competitions too?
    We're only remembered because our captain slipped on the last pen and our striker got sent off ffs.

It's like what you said about specific incidents.

Otherwise nobody gives a damn about Avrams Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    We're only remembered because our captain slipped on the last pen and our striker got sent off ffs.

It's like what you said about specific incidents.

Otherwise nobody gives a damn about Avrams Chelsea.
    It's not a positive memory, in any case.

ReputationRep:
    x
    You quoted me but it seems to have been deleted?

ReputationRep:
    Paradox.

Did you know a thing about Aurier outside of Football manager until this season?

Coleman has been good for the past two seasons tbh and his assist and goal stats are exactly what Arsenal need. I don't think Everton will sell for cheap though.
    I know that fact that he captains his team at 21. I dont need to know about him when he was 19/20. We dont need goals coming from RB imo. If we buy a striker such as Balo and a class winger we will be fine.
    Fully fit Ramsey = 20 goals, Giroud = 20 goals, Walcott = 20 goals and another striker = 20+? Goals from RB is a bonus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Mods running a shift today.

Inb4 this post is deleted

ReputationRep:
    Come on sr, sort it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilDurk)
    I know that fact that he captains his team at 21. I dont need to know about him when he was 19/20. We dont need goals coming from RB imo. If we buy a striker such as Balo and a class winger we will be fine.
    Fully fit Ramsey = 20 goals, Giroud = 20 goals, Walcott = 20 goals and another striker = 20+? Goals from RB is a bonus
    I get that. Just saying that Coleman is effective attacking wise. A problem with Arsenal last season was that teams just pushed up the park and narrowed down which made it impossible for you to play, you used to circumvent that by having quality attacking fullbacks, if there's no pace in the team again(Walcott and Chamberlain injured) then you'll have to rely on the fullbacks again on the overlap for some width.

Coleman therefore is better as he's more suited to the league and his assist stats show that he gets into good positions and can lay the ball/cross it to a player with good accuracy, their goals conceded isn't too high either so it's not like he's a potential suspect in the team. Aurier is cheaper and younger though but is it worth the development phase?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I've just cleaned up the last 5 pages of this thread because there was so much that needed removing. Debate/differing opinions are fine, personal attacks on other users are not.

ReputationRep:
    Aurier is cheaper and younger though but is it worth the development phase?
    Arsene's modus operandi is to develop them himself.

And we know what happens after he develops them.

I thought they'd dropped out of the Aurier race though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I've just cleaned up the last 5 pages of this thread because there was so much that needed removing. Debate/differing opinions are fine, personal attacks on other users are not.
    You've joined the pigs. I am disappoint.

Minor though we're cool.

ReputationRep:
    I get that. Just saying that Coleman is effective attacking wise. A problem with Arsenal last season was that teams just pushed up the park and narrowed down which made it impossible for you to play, you used to circumvent that by having quality attacking fullbacks, if there's no pace in the team again(Walcott and Chamberlain injured) then you'll have to rely on the fullbacks again on the overlap for some width.

Coleman therefore is better as he's more suited to the league and his assist stats show that he gets into good positions and can lay the ball/cross it to a player with good accuracy, their goals conceded isn't too high either so it's not like he's a potential suspect in the team. Aurier is cheaper and younger though but is it worth the development phase?
    Might be just me but I think Coleman is defensively culpable a lot of the time for Everton, he's caught out way too far up the pitch. Could do with reducing the frequency of his attacking runs and defending more tbh.

ReputationRep:
    So what does this mean exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You've joined the pigs. I am disappoint.

Minor though we're cool.
    Haha I didn't apply, I got a random PM one day asking if i'd give it a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    So what does this mean exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've read articles through our the year about how puma are helping to enforce some sort of a deal for us

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The sun and metro were trying to report that lavezzi has become one of our top targets and his price tag is 19m euros

Would be a great buy but think the source is *******s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I've read articles through our the year about how puma are helping to enforce some sort of a deal for us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People keeping saying they reckon it is Balotelli. I'm looking forward to the 1st of July.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.