Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Does anyone know if there would be a time difference in the timing of receiving interview invitations between international students and domestic students?

ReputationRep:
    Interview for History and Spanish at Teddy Hall!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long each interview tends to be? Been reallocated to Corpus Christi for PPE

ReputationRep:
    Interview for French at Christ Church email came through at 10:50 am and had "Modern Languages Interview" as the subject line. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    what will the email title say if u have gotten an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bearbert)
    Sorry about asking and I'm not completly sure those are relevant but I'll have an interview at St John's and was wondering what kind of activities were organized there last year for interviewees.
    There were game nights such as quizzes, cards and movies on last year. I think trips to G & D's may have also taken place and similar social activities will be happening this year too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bearbert)
    Sorry about asking and I'm not completly sure those are relevant but I'll have an interview at St John's and was wondering what kind of activities were organized there last year for interviewees.
    No it's fine - good question!

So the Student Ambassadors arranged a variety of activites - I remember there being quizzes, films in the Garden Quad Auditorium and a trip to G&D's In the meantime, lots of people sat in the Prestwich and Larkin Rooms playing card games or chatting to each other. The two questions you'll be asked over and over are 'so which course are you applying for?' and 'whereabouts have you travelled from?'; I only realised when I got home that I knew nearly no-one's name - only their course and where they had come from, which was a bit strange! When I didn't fancy playing games or joining in with any of the activities, I went out and explored Oxford a bit. I brought a map of the centre with me so that I could find my way back, and just wandered around doing Christmas shopping. I visited the covered market (including Ben's Cookie. Twice. ), and the Christmas Market on Broad Street. You certainly won't get bored whilst you're here!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still receiving emails for engineering physics?

ReputationRep:
    @MERTON PHYSICS

please hurry the **** up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saga1997)
    Today?? Hope I hear soon as well for the same course
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for physics who's applied to a college other than Hertford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saga1997)
    Today?? Hope I hear soon as well for the same course
    Good luck! Which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_97)
    Good luck! Which college?
    Christ Church, still nothing tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well.i.wonder)
    J'ai peur aussi. I think I'll forget how to say one single sentence in French when I have my interview. My preparation is probably reading French books and practising the interview in my head, even though I don't know what they're going to ask me. And you? How are you preparing?
    Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing as well.
    I'm trying to get my teachers to give me mock interviews, which are really helping at the moment. Getting someone to read through your personal statement and ask you all sorts of questions is proving very helpful in calming my fears about my interviewer asking me about something on my PS and me not being able to answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talaah)
    Has anyone heard back for computer science , at Somerville?
    I'm applying there for ComSci, nothing yet. I'm imagining it'ill be a rejection for me due to a pathetic attempt at the MAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview for French and German at Hertford, not Christ Church. My friend is still waiting on LMH it just seems some colleges operate at different speeds!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fl0ppyd1sk)
    I'm applying there for ComSci, nothing yet. I'm imagining till be a rejection for me due to a pathetic attempt at the MAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same but for St Anne's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomharris15)
    what will the email title say if u have gotten an interview?
    Mine said "Invitation to Interview"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rêverie)
    Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing as well.
    I'm trying to get my teachers to give me mock interviews, which are really helping at the moment. Getting someone to read through your personal statement and ask you all sorts of questions is proving very helpful in calming my fears about my interviewer asking me about something on my PS and me not being able to answer!
    Same, I have a gut feeling that these general interview questions might be the toughest ones.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting for E&M?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.