Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    A lazy student lol- I generally sleep better in the morning and struggle to sleep before midnight unless I'm already tired, so a 12 hour sleep is usually midnight-midday :P Can't do that when working in an office 9-5! No medication, wonder if its due to a weak bladder meaning I get up several times a night.
    Sounds as though you're oversleeping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    ah I see, hope it goes nice and quickly.
    thanks usually mornings do pass fairly quickly, it's just hoping I manage to wake up in time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So pub night has morphed into karaoke room hire with roller derby people with a minimum drinks order or about £25 each which down here is around 6 drinks. And having heared I've had 11 exams this week it has been decided that I am getting "seriously drunk".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    So pub night has morphed into karaoke room hire with roller derby people with a minimum drinks order or about £25 each which down here is around 6 drinks. And having heared I've had 11 exams this week it has been decided that I am getting "seriously drunk".
    :hugs: you deserve to have fun after all the hard work you've been doing :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Hopefully you don't have any 9am classes/exams? God I used to hate those so much. :yucky:

Your weak bladder could be partly responsible - it makes sense that if you keep waking up your sleep won't be as good quality so you need more of it. Have you seen a doctor?
    All my classes have finished and not had any exams so not now. And as for the bladder- several times and nothing helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Sounds as though you're oversleeping?
    Probally lol but I usually find it very hard to get up on less than 11 unless I have somewhere specific to be at a particular time and more than a few days in a row of getting up on less than that and I find it hard to stay awake (used to fall asleep in school on 8/9 hours)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    thanks usually mornings do pass fairly quickly, it's just hoping I manage to wake up in time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    keeping my fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    Could you try starting with something you already know? like if you're doing A2 then look over AS level stuff. It might be that once you get started there you might be more able to work up to the new stuff?
    It's not revision but actively learning material for an essay. I'm in uni. Thanks for the advice though
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sometimes I wonder what the point of all this is.

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to my wife about my concerns about my future. Her response really really surprised me: study for a phd!

I looked at some practice GRE papers (the exam you take to go to grad school). I got 6/10 on the math section first try, which was unexpected (especially as I was battling the voices at the same time). I originally replied to my wife that I'm way too stupid for a phd but this has kind of sparked my interest in the idea and made me think that maybe I can do it. Gonna give it a lot more thought and look at more practice papers but yeah...surprised myself.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I spoke to my wife about my concerns about my future. Her response really really surprised me: study for a phd!

I looked at some practice GRE papers (the exam you take to go to grad school). I got 6/10 on the math section first try, which was unexpected (especially as I was battling the voices at the same time). I originally replied to my wife that I'm way too stupid for a phd but this has kind of sparked my interest in the idea and made me think that maybe I can do it. Gonna give it a lot more thought and look at more practice papers but yeah...surprised myself.
    That would be awesome! I would like to see that...Dr.Saber.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I can't remember my maths GRE score for when I was applying for US PhD but it was pretty courses but it was pretty dismal You should definitely give this more thought!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    That would be awesome! I would like to see that...Dr.Saber.
    Oh that would be so cool! :five:

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I can't remember my maths GRE score for when I was applying for US PhD but it was pretty courses but it was pretty dismal You should definitely give this more thought!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How'd you find the English sections?

And yeah definitely will be thinking about it. Gotta make sure to factor my mental health into the thoughts though - stress often tips me very close to the edge so certainly don't want to rush into anything.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    The more i think about Monday the more anxious i feel...
    And i can't stop thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers

And yeah definitely will be thinking about it. Gotta make sure to factor my mental health into the thoughts though - stress often tips me very close to the edge so certainly don't want to rush into anything.
    I wanna get a PhD myself in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I wanna get a PhD myself in history.
    Good luck with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tree321)
    Please anyone?
    hey

ReputationRep:

wow that would be really cool - Dr Saber

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Did quite well in the English sections - above average, though I can't remember the exact marks. Def factor those thoughts in - your mental health must always come first :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    wow that would be really cool - Dr Saber

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would totally make people call me that. :cool:

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Did quite well in the English sections - above average, though I can't remember the exact marks. Def factor those thoughts in - your mental health must always come first :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Above average? nice! I haven't looked too far into it yet but the section where you put in the correct word(s) seem difficult. Though I guess it's something that can be worked on. but yeah, early days. I want to go over this test and see if I even stand a chance, I mean I'm fairly sure I lost a lot of IQ points over the past few years so I don't even know if I would pass. I learned from my undergrad: mental health always first!

Have you recovered from your trip to Oxford?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.