Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Not too sure about him tbh, in his last season he got, what 21 goals? Considering how **** the French league is, he should be getting more.

He did have a good season last season or the one before, where he got 27 goals but I think 9 or 10 of them were penalties if I remember correctly. He hasn't been scoring many goals from open play.. Giroud got like 20 for Montpellier before he signed for us.

Having said that, literally anyone who's a slight improvement to Giroud will do

Really want Morata tbh
    Part of that is because of the injury to their playmaker Fekir.

In just about 100 games he's played for Lyon he had nearly 70 goals, so he is very clinical and a great improvement from Giroud, and he can also run with the ball and create goals on his own, rather than stand and wait for the ball to come to you the way giroud does.

Morata would also be a massive improvement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Not too sure about him tbh, in his last season he got, what 21 goals? Considering how **** the French league is, he should be getting more.

He did have a good season last season or the one before, where he got 27 goals but I think 9 or 10 of them were penalties if I remember correctly. He hasn't been scoring many goals from open play.. Giroud got like 20 for Montpellier before he signed for us.

Having said that, literally anyone who's a slight improvement to Giroud will do

Really want Morata tbh
    Laca is also a pretty big flat track bully. It'd take a couple years for him to settle I think.

Also shocked how many people want Morata considering how awful his goalscoring record is.

I'd be happy with Lukaku

ReputationRep:
    Imagine saying someone who's scored against Real Madrid home and away in a CL semi-final, in a CL final, in Italian Cup finals, winners away at City, Fiorentina and Dortmund isn't a worthy signing. An Arsenal fan criticizing a player with a big-game mentality is like ISIS criticizing a terror group for being too extremist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Also wouldn't mind Lukaku tbh, with the current strikers available
    Lukaku would make me excited.. but surely he is well out of our price range?
    Morata / Lacazette seem more likely (coupled with this japanese kid). but both worry me..

Still such a complete lack of strikers around at the moment tbh.

England is actually producing some of the most promising.. lets just nab kane from spurs.. dont care how much we pay, the season is a success after we piss them off that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Imagine saying someone who's scored against Real Madrid home and away in a CL semi-final, in a CL final, in Italian Cup finals, winners away at City, Fiorentina and Dortmund isn't a worthy signing. An Arsenal fan criticizing a player with a big-game mentality is like ISIS criticizing a terror group for being too extremist.
    And yet his goal scoring abilities in league games is abysmal? We had the best record against the rest of the top 4 this season, it was loses against the bottom half that cost us.
    57mil for Morata, a player who still hasn't scored more than 10 league goals in a season, is daylight robbery.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is still better than all of those options, legit.

ReputationRep:
    None of them are as streaky as Giroud.

brb 7 goals in 5/6 games
    inb4 0 goals in 15 games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    What if it was al queda doing the criticism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    What if it was al queda doing the criticism.
    That's like Real Madrid saying money in football is getting out of hand.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/290836...-talks-sources

Glorious.

ReputationRep:
    Messi tryna to pull a Wenger "I didn't see the incident" classic on his tax avoidance.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    How has draxler been at the euros?

Only been able to watch one germany game, and he looked good to me in that one.

Drax, Xhaka, Striker, japanese kid..

Would be a solid window, though it leaves me worried defensivly.

ReputationRep:
    Draxler would suggest no striker realistically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Draxler would suggest no striker realistically
    Sanogo is back, he's like a new signing.

ReputationRep:
    Draxler & Lacazette/Lukaku

Also, why hasn't anyone gone for Reus??

ReputationRep:
    Reus is made of glass, obviously any "good player" that misses out on a tournament not because of his ability should be avoided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Draxler & Lacazette/Lukaku

Also, why hasn't anyone gone for Rues??
    Rues

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Rues

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Strong lies

ReputationRep:
    Allow that edit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.