Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sat IGCSE Maths and got an A and GCSE Maths and got a B, does this mean that i get two separate GCSE's then or just the A? Any replies appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    What is with EVERYONE wanting to do medicine?

I feel lonely, with my aims at Philosophy

ReputationRep:
    Hey if we send off our results to be remarked obviously before the 20th September, by when would we get the results back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    I sat IGCSE Maths and got an A and GCSE Maths and got a B, does this mean that i get two separate GCSE's then or just the A? Any replies appreciated.
    Hey, you would keep your higher grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)

Don't feel lonely, i want to do philosophy too! where do you want to go? I'm thinking UCL or Kings College London!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkamy)
    Hey, you would keep your higher grade
    So I don't get 2 GCSE's?!

ReputationRep:
    Sucks how some schools do different exam boards that are considered to be 'easier' than other exam boards - so the students end up with higher grades. Such as AQA being the best exam board for science but then you get people who take the OCR exams for science and get better grades because its easier. Not to mention these iGCSEs that some of you took.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimango)
    How???
    They get all your records and things to look at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzFishstick)
    Sucks how some schools do different exam boards that are considered to be 'easier' than other exam boards - so the students end up with higher grades. Such as AQA being the best exam board for science but then you get people who take the OCR exams for science and get better grades because its easier. Not to mention these iGCSEs that some of you took.
    No exam board is easier than another this is fully checked through Ofqual-it is true however that the courses offered by the exam boards suit different people and some people would have got higher or lower grades had they studied with another exam board-for example I got an A*(270/300) in Edexcel English Language a year early but I probably wouldn't have done with another board because Edexcel only had 35% Writing assessment compared to 40% on most boards and I'm terrible at Writing but great at Speaking and Reading.

IGCSEs aren't easier despite high pass rates-it is pretty obvious why the pass rates are so high because applicants are mainly from private schools and state schools have only just started taking them.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=peaaceandl0ve;44124143]What are you personally HOPING to get? [/QUOTE

LOL i got 2 A*s 9As and 2Bs and im more than happy

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel lonely, i want to do philosophy too! where do you want to go? I'm thinking UCL or Kings College London!
    I am hoping for St John's, Oxford, but since my GCSEs were lower than average for Oxford, most likely Durham or Warwick :P

ReputationRep:
    So I don't get 2 GCSE's?!
    Well theyre both in maths, so I thought youd rather have an A in maths than B...no?

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping for St John's, Oxford, but since my GCSEs were lower than average for Oxford, most likely Durham or Warwick :P
    About half of the successful applicants will have lower than the average grades, don't let it put you off what you want to do!

ReputationRep:

I know! It seems like 90% of TSR want to do medicine!
    I want to apply for Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie238)
    I want to apply for Law
    Maths here! :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie238)
    I want to apply for Law
    I want to be an Engineer, however I still want to go to Oxbridge so I don't stand out entirely

ReputationRep:
    I was two marks off an A overall for English Language. Is it worth it to get a remark?
    I am thinking of possibly doing it in a level so a better grade would help

Also, if anyone has info on AQA remarking or any links, I would appreciate it if you could send them to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    I want to be an Engineer, however I still want to go to Oxbridge so I don't stand out entirely
    Same with me tbh, so we're not completely different to a lot of TSR :rolleyes:

Which one are you leaning towards the most?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ani97)
    Language- 180/200
    Literature - 180/200

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank You!

I was only 2 UMS off in Eng Lang and 3 UMS in Eng Lit. Should I go for a re-mark?

ReputationRep:
    I was two marks off an A overall for English Language. Is it worth it to get a remark?
    I am thinking of possibly doing it in a level so a better grade would help

Also, if anyone has info on AQA remarking or any links, I would appreciate it if you could send them to me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.