Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magenta96)
    Is anyone else not nervous or just numb? I'm only doing AS's and I'm no where near over confident about my results, in fact I'm pretty sure I won't get what I want. At GCSE I was SO nervous and was having nightmares, yet nothing has happened with my AS's and they're more important!
    That happened to me last year (when I did AS). I was completely fine until I walked into the school, and that's when I started getting nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how lenient aston are with LLB LAW or LAW WITH BUSINESS MANAGEMENT?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Read what you quoted

Especially the bit in white

oh wow that was sly never saw that before!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainDrain)
    Same here, it seems a little unfair when some of my friends with Cambridge offers received letters telling them not to get too stressed out about their results as they would be accepted if they fell a few marks short, whilst places such as Durham hardly give any leeway
    probably because cambridge interviews people and they place a lot of emphasis on this, which means that if you pass the interview stage, it shows that they really want you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxKiaraxx)
    Medicine at Imperial.
    Ah, that explains it lol. Best of luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayqwe)
    This thread increased by 2000 posts yesterday, 3000 today and there still potential for around 1500 posts which may be the end of this thread, reaching its third one
    Hopeful statistician? ( hard to pronounce)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right! Logging off now...

let's see how long this lasts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    going to see The Conjuring on Wednesday night..... i dunno if this is the best idea or not hahahahahaha
    what time you seeing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magenta96)
    Is anyone else not nervous or just numb? I'm only doing AS's and I'm no where near over confident about my results, in fact I'm pretty sure I won't get what I want. At GCSE I was SO nervous and was having nightmares, yet nothing has happened with my AS's and they're more important!
    I'm feeling a little nervous but this thread is somehow calming me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Aw that's nice. I think if I had any family celebrations it would mostly consist of "Oh uhh well done, that's really great". And then we'd move on. XD
    Haha yes, one of my friends said that was really unhealthy and I was like "What?! You want to get completely hammered if you do badly. Surely that is the epitome of an unhealthy coping mechanism!" Silly girl.

LOOL that sounds quite awkward
    ahhh thats so true, getting hammered should be left for once clearings done and youve got into uni
    hows this final day of waiting been for ya?

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between paper 01 and paper 01R? Does the R signify replacement? I ask regarding the edexcel maths papers (especially C3!). If it did signify replacement then the replacement for C3 has ended up having higher boundaries than the original which doesn't seem right because those that saw both were unanimous in thinking that the original was easier. The difference between the two in raw marks for each grade is about 10 marks?! Anyone know anything more on this?

ReputationRep:
    Why won't the mods let the thread grow? Instead of opening a new one every time it reaches the limit?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone and have fun at the pub later(let's be honest your going to the pub!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    bricking economics to the max now
    You talking about Edexcel? Man, grade boundaries seems cool but I dont know how I did in Econ! Good luck man

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    OK nervous people.

I'm off to bed, good luck everyone in this thread - and remember everyone on TSR will be here to help you tomorrow if everything goes tits up (and to congratulate you if it all goes well).

Read the stickies.

Read the announcements.

Try to post in the right place (and join in existing threads instead of starting new ones if you want to advisers to spot your posts).

And if anyone wants me I can be summoned by magic by quoting me [ quote=PQ]x[/ quote] without the spaces.

Good luck again - I'm sure you'll all be fine you're all smart enough to have found the best student forum online so you've got to be getting something right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_1996)
    Good luck to everyone and have fun at the pub later(let's be honest your going to the pub!)
    Not really, I'd be in my room, eating a buckle load of ice cream!

ReputationRep:
    I might try and go to sleep, so that I need not wait as long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanboi)
    You talking about Edexcel? Man, grade boundaries seems cool but I dont know how I did in Econ! Good luck man

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OCR the boundaries certainly aren't cool over there :P. Good luck to you as well!

ReputationRep:
    Just to be sure, somebody has posted a video of "The Final Countdown" in this thread at some stage today, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayqwe)
    I'm feeling a little nervous but this thread is somehow calming me
    I know right. I've been kinda stalking this thread which is somehow helping me calm down

I still feel like i'm not gonna get any sleep tonight though ...:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.