Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    I find it seriously funny that a bunch of amateurs on tsr think they know better than a very successful yes successful premier league manager....

Arsene's not stupid, he knows the squad is a bit thin he said it himself for crying out loud. He must obviously be in the process of signing players.
    No one is saying they know more, we're not stupid. Wenger is the boss. Good and bad times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Why would Klopp leave Dortmund?

Arsenal fans have been so smug this summer. Glad to see them taken back to reality.
    I honestly can't believe you're calling Arsenal fans smug given how other fans have been towards us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Most people will say Klopp when they hardly know anything about him.
    you were right

ReputationRep:
    I cannot see any reason for klopp to join Arsenal other than for his own wages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    This. It'd be stupid to get rid of him but at the same time it's been stupid of him to not have addressed our problems. He's the manager, gets paid for the job, so it's only right the buck stops with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How does the buck stop with the manager? Its exactly that kind of mentality that sees a manager sacked after the first 3 months. Theres a team of 11 in the field and its their responsibility more than anyone to give a solid performance and win the match. That didn't happen today and ill blame Wenger for not bringing in players early which may be a concern for the next few matches but today's loss was a result of the players on the pitch. There is only so much Wenger can do..he can't physically stop Sczcheny from diving.

Absolutely sick of hearing all this 'Wenger out' rubbish. Give him a chance to work on what he has built for all these years. I'm sure he will bring some quality in before the end of the window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Why would Klopp leave Dortmund?

Arsenal fans have been so smug this summer. Glad to see them taken back to reality.
    That my point, Gooners who want Klopp underestimate his loyalty to Dortmund. I doubt they watch German football on a regular basis to properly evaluate or understand Klopp as a football manager. People just characterise Klopp's ability as a manager because of Well know Dortmund players, their League titles and CL success when there's more to it than that.

I agree with the last part as well. At the start of the summer I was filled with optimism about new signings. I was being smug about who Arsenal were chasing just look at my posts on the LFC thread. It was a reality check indeed.

ReputationRep:
    In all seriousness, what team do people predict we will put out on Wednesday, baring in mind the injuries.

ReputationRep:
    Arsene's not stupid, he knows the squad is a bit thin he said it himself for crying out loud. He must obviously be in the process of signing players.

Oh and I said realistically replace Wenger, Klopp doesn't want to leave Dortmund
    Well why hasnt he signed anyone then.

well like i said any manager who can spend money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    In all seriousness, what team do people predict we will put out on Wednesday, baring in mind the injuries.
    Szcz

Jenko
    Kosc
    Mert
    Ramsey (at LB)

Wilshere
    Rosicky
    Cazorla
    Walcott
    Podolski

Giroud

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Szcz

Jenko
    Kosc
    Mert
    Ramsey (at LB)

Wilshere
    Rosicky
    Cazorla
    Walcott
    Podolski

Giroud

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ramsey and rosicky are injured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    How does the buck stop with the manager? Its exactly that kind of mentality that sees a manager sacked after the first 3 months. Theres a team of 11 in the field and its their responsibility more than anyone to give a solid performance and win the match. That didn't happen today and ill blame Wenger for not bringing in players early which may be a concern for the next few matches but today's loss was a result of the players on the pitch. There is only so much Wenger can do..he can't physically stop Sczcheny from diving.

Absolutely sick of hearing all this 'Wenger out' rubbish. Give him a chance to work on what he has built for all these years. I'm sure he will bring some quality in before the end of the window.
    My bloody Christ "give him time" Give home time? Are you serious? Does 8 years spring to mind? Are you not sick of giving him time because I know I am. How can avb and pellegrini buy players and we can't, we are a laughing stock right now to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    name one that could realistically replace arsene wenger:banghead:
    Although I would stick with wenger I would say Rijkaard? or even then whats the chances heyneckes comes out of retirement? Laudrap' leaving swansea? Bielsa? im saying theres always people who can do a job no one is bigger than the club that goes for players and managers imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    My bloody Christ "give him time" Give home time? Are you serious? Does 8 years spring to mind? Are you not sick of giving him time because I know I am. How can avb and pellegrini buy players and we can't, we are a laughing stock right now to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The way I see it, the last 8 years don't count. His time starts now since he doesn't have massive restrictions on spending anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Basing this off the first team listed on Arsenal.com:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Defenders
    3 Bacary Sagna (injured)
    4 Per Mertesacker
    5 Thomas Vermaelen (injured)
    6 Laurent Koscielny (suspended)
    17 Nacho Monreal (injured)
    25 Carl Jenkinson
    28 Kieran Gibbs (injured)

Midfielders
    7 Tomas Rosicky (injured)
    8 Mikel Arteta (injured)
    10 Jack Wilshere
    16 Aaron Ramsey (injured)
    19 Santi Cazorla
    24 Abou Diaby (lol)
    26 Emmanuel Frimpong
    31 Ryo Miyaichi

Strikers
    9 Lukas Podolski
    12 Olivier Giroud
    14 Theo Walcott
    15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (injured?)
    22 Yaya Sanogo
    30 Ju-Young Park
    52 Nicklas Bendtner

Fenerbahce will be a shocking match. Maybe Wenger feels we have a first XI which could compete for a title, not going to disagree there, but those 11 won't play every match. SIGN SOMEONE

ReputationRep:
    Time for Wenger to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Ramsey and rosicky are injured
    Oh wasn't aware of those two. So perhaps Frimpong at LB and Gnabry in MF somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Basing this off the first team listed on Arsenal.com:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Defenders
    3 Bacary Sagna (injured)
    4 Per Mertesacker
    5 Thomas Vermaelen (injured)
    6 Laurent Koscielny (suspended)
    17 Nacho Monreal (injured)
    25 Carl Jenkinson
    28 Kieran Gibbs (injured)

Midfielders
    7 Tomas Rosicky (injured)
    8 Mikel Arteta (injured)
    10 Jack Wilshere
    16 Aaron Ramsey (injured)
    19 Santi Cazorla
    24 Abou Diaby (lol)
    26 Emmanuel Frimpong
    31 Ryo Miyaichi

Strikers
    9 Lukas Podolski
    12 Olivier Giroud
    14 Theo Walcott
    15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (injured?)
    22 Yaya Sanogo
    30 Ju-Young Park
    52 Nicklas Bendtner

Fenerbahce will be a shocking match
    A Bendtner return is edging closer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)

Best post on this thread in a very long time.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    No one is saying they know more, we're not stupid. Wenger is the boss. Good and bad times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well stop acting like it then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    Time for Wenger to leave.
    Be careful what you wish for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.