Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    People keeping saying they reckon it is Balotelli. I'm looking forward to the 1st of July.
    I hope it's more than one signing though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've said this before, but I don't rate costa as high as most people + the media do. Every time I've seen him play, he hasn't been anything special :/

Yeah yeah he's been injured and that's why he's playing **** at this tounrament but even in the la liga, I've never seen anything from him that's wow'd me- not like Falcao or Cavani did in the season before last

ReputationRep:
    Actually I'm starting to see these lavezzi rumours spread.

I don't want to get my hopes up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    People keeping saying they reckon it is Balotelli. I'm looking forward to the 1st of July.
    Also, Gazidis said that were in talks with our targets. He pluralised it so I'm hoping we won't stick to the single signing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I've said this before, but I don't rate costa as high as most people + the media do. Every time I've seen him play, he hasn't been anything special :/

Yeah yeah he's been injured and that's why he's playing **** at this tounrament but even in the la liga, I've never seen anything from him that's wow'd me- not like Falcao or Cavani did in the season before last
    That's the thing he isn't that type of striker who is technically magnificent but he does the job and gets down n dirty when he needs to and has given Atletico a great return

He's a dangerous player. Just only had one good season and is quite different to your traditional world class striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    That's the thing he isn't that type of striker who is technically magnificent but he does the job and gets down n dirty when he needs to and has given Atletico a great return

He's a dangerous player. Just only had one good season and is quite different to your traditional world class striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, he gets the job done and is a good player there's no doubt about that.

But I do think he's overrated, by both the media and a lot of fans

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get my hopes up and just have an itch that next month is going to be very rewarding for us

Not a chance in hell Wenger would let Cesc Vermalan and Sagna go to rivals without having something else planned

Pls Venga pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Haha I didn't apply, I got a random PM one day asking if i'd give it a try
    I never got a PM. What a par.

(Original post by SHOO)

Nah I agree. He's had one quite good season and one great season but I don't see him as naturally talented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Haha I didn't apply, I got a random PM one day asking if i'd give it a try
    I got one and said no, you're a traitor

ReputationRep:
    only reason puma would help us do a deal would be if it was an absolutely WC signing, they aint helping us do no balotelli level or less deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    only reason puma would help us do a deal would be if it was an absolutely WC signing, they aint helping us do no balotelli level or less deal.
    It's not a question of if they are helping us it's more of who they are helping us with

And I'm dying to find out because Ballotelli was one if Arsenes targets for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It's not a question of if they are helping us it's more of who they are helping us with

And I'm dying to find out because Ballotelli was one if Arsenes targets for a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i dont think they are helping us, unless you mean the kit deal. i dont think they would give us extra finance to help buy someone of balos level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    i dont think they are helping us, unless you mean the kit deal. i dont think they would give us extra finance to help buy someone of balos level.
    That's what I mean - helping with the finance part obviously I don't see them sending agents or scouts to players etc lol

Ballotelli isn't exactly that expensive. Think he's priced around 20m so we wouldn't even need Puma for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whenever in this History of Football has a sponsor influenced a transfer in anyway. "PUMA are helping Arsenal sign PUMA players" What does that even mean. How would this process even work, Unless a clause like that is stipulated in the deal that Arsenal have to sign PUMA players I don't see PUMA having any involvement whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I'm starting to get my hopes up and just have an itch that next month is going to be very rewarding for us

Not a chance in hell Wenger would let Cesc Vermalan and Sagna go to rivals without having something else planned

Pls Venga pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did he have planned when he let all our other best players go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Whenever in this History of Football has a sponsor influenced a transfer in anyway. "PUMA are helping Arsenal sign PUMA players" What does that even mean. How would this process even work, Unless a clause like that is stipulated in the deal that Arsenal have to sign PUMA players I don't see PUMA having any involvement whatsoever.
    i can understand if Arsenal were to buy Ronaldo or Messi, then PUMA would subsidies the transfer a bit because of the potential return in shirt sales over a longer period. Not for the likes of our targets though. I think he means the kit deal though which is coming in during July some time, so not exactly Puma helping us, just paying us what were owed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    What did he have planned when he let all our other best players go?
    You know our financial situation was different then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Human fantasy has no limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    You know our financial situation was different then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What in 2011/12?

ReputationRep:
    Probably does seem quite absurd if you put it that way but I was thinking more along the lines of extra finances to buy those players

It can still be seen as an investment deal because if the club is more successful more people will buy shirts as said. Don't know how likely it is, just said that I've seen a few articles on it this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.