The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Everton tore them apart at Goodison and matched them at the Grove, shoulda beaten them the other week too. Martinez would probably play a first strength XI as well. They are just as tough a draw as a City/Chelsea side who will inevitably have their priorities elsewhere.

For League cup yes, but for FA cup you'll have a full strength side from City and Chelsea in most big games.
Reply 8461
Original post by sr90
"If I had not been away on deadline day, Welbeck would not have signed. That's the truth," said Wenger.

Fantastic man management there, Arsene.

Out of context though.

“I thought when they bought Falcao they had to let somebody go,” said Wenger. “I was not aware of the start that he would be available, it was quick, but I had no hesitation to do it.”
Welbeck signed a five year permanent deal and, asked if he would initially have preferred a loan, Wenger said: “With an option to buy yes. In the end, when it was a permanent transfer or loan with an option to buy, I was happy to buy permanently."
Asked to clarify if that meant he favoured a loan, Wenger added: "At start of day, he was only available on loan. At the end of the day, I agreed.”
Of deadline day and the criticism of his trip to Rome “Wenger said: “If I had not travelled that day, Welbeck would not be here. The coincidence made it. If I stayed in my home, Welbeck would not be here. I will tell you that story one day. That is the truth. We are in 2014, you can always be in touch.”
When he was pressed on what he meant, Wenger added: “The advantage of that day was I got up at 6am and was available the whole day.”

Not sure what that means but on the whole it doesn't imply that he was against the transfer at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
called his response on welbeck being cryptic or the media taking it out of context. Genuinely cannot wait for Wengers autobio so he can reveal all this ****.
Reply 8463
Reply 8464
Original post by AR_95

Haha it like only 5 smiling and everyone else pulling the hard man stare. Koscielny look so happy
Lol I just clocked Coquelin is still here wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by llys
Out of context though.

Not sure what that means but on the whole it doesn't imply that he was against the transfer at all.

Exactly. If Arsene hadn't been in Rome he'd have been having a lie in, after a mad one on Sunday night.
Original post by AR_95

Sanchez looks like he's about to cry.
Original post by sr90

Probably because he's gone from supplying Messi to spoon feeding Sanogo.

But now Welbz is dat guy

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

or maybe he's just squinting lol
Original post by sevchenko
Probably because he's gone from supplying Messi to spoon feeding Sanogo.

But now Welbz is dat guy

Welbz is indeed dat guy.

U21 game vs Villa at 7 if anyones interested, live on arsenal player for once.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
U21 game vs Villa at 7 if anyones interested, live on arsenal player for once.

Will be nice to see Diaby out and about again.
Original post by sevchenko
Will be nice to see Diaby out and about again.

Yeah I think he played in the last u21 game too, would be nice to see him build up some sort of momentum

Match buildup made me lol, this charity shop kit too.
Original post by sr90
To be fair they had a really tough route to the final last season. Spurs, Everton and Liverpool.

They were all home games, i don't understand this hard route nonsense. Imo, a harder route is Man City away, and 2 championship teams at home. Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are all manageable at home. And even then Liverpool should have won their tie.
Diaby does make me laugh. I really want to see if he gets another contract this season.
Original post by Fizzel
Diaby does make me laugh. I really want to see if he gets another contract this season.

Not in a million years.

(I hope!)
Akpom played well. Really think we should ditch Sanogo and use Akpom as third choice.
Original post by angelfox
Akpom played well. Really think we should ditch Sanogo and use Akpom as third choice.

Akpom is evidently a level above U21 but he's not ready for the first team yet. We need to find the right championship/League 1 team for him on loan.
one more day of work, then can relax and enjoy the football being back :biggrin:

Latest