Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to the Barclays Marketing Summer Internship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie_m14)
    Just got invite to telephone interview for BAML summer insight week. Standard competency I assume? Cheers!
    (Original post by nxjx)
    Got an email as well for a telephone interview with BAML
    When did you apply and for what division?

ReputationRep:
    Guys has anyone heard back from DB for being campus ambassador?

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    Guys has anyone heard back from DB for being campus ambassador?
    Does being a campus ambassador come with any recruiting perks or is it just a formality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Does being a campus ambassador come with any recruiting perks or is it just a formality?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're the guinea pig for the firm who you're ambassditing for is how I see it. Unless they're chanelling funds your way, it probably doesn't benefit you in the slightest apart from having a more unique response to "why do you want to work for our firm?"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by James E Walker)
    You're the guinea pig for the firm who you're ambassditing for is how I see it. Unless they're chanelling funds your way, it probably doesn't benefit you in the slightest apart from having a more unique response to "why do you want to work for our firm?"
    Fair enough, it's kind of like a way to mesh with the company culture/represent the firm a bit.

(I like your creative spin with the word "Ambassditing" BTW )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James E Walker)
    I would imagine it potentially helps with networking, but I think that depends on whether it's HR that does it all or whether employees better positioned to help you also get involved.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, it's kind of like a way to mesh with the company culture/represent the firm a bit.

(I like your creative spin with the word "Ambassditing" BTW )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    get paid up to a k a year and a guaranteed ac for summer iirc
    may be first round int, i cant remember

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    pretty strong thing to have on cv
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Noble.)
    I would imagine it potentially helps with networking, but I think that depends on whether it's HR that does it all or whether employees better positioned to help you also get involved.
    Ah, I might look into when the time comes.

get paid up to a k a year and a guaranteed ac for summer iirc
    may be first round int, i cant remember
    Woah! Now that is a deal I'd gladly sign up for; never hurts to get a leg up like that.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I might look into when the time comes.

Woah! Now that is a deal I'd gladly sign up for; never hurts to get a leg up like that.
    ofc, its an excellent opportunity but insanely competitive, at least here at warwick I know only 4 get to the ints for the role each year. i cant remember which unis they do it for, notts was probably there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cube123)
    When did you apply and for what division?
    Early February - Global Banking & Credit Risk Management

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ofc, its an excellent opportunity but insanely competitive, at least here at warwick I know only 4 get to the ints for the role each year. i cant remember which unis they do it for, notts was probably there
    I have an int for that next week for the LSE campus one, have you applied bro?

ReputationRep:
    hey has anyone applied to the bank of america summer insight programme? anyone heard back? my application is stuck in the "under review" stage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avshua)
    hey has anyone applied to the bank of america summer insight programme? anyone heard back? my application is stuck in the "under review" stage
    Interview stage has began

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the bank of america summer insight programme and my application is still under review. I rang up the recruitment office to see what was happening though (I submitted my application in March), and they said that there's only one person processing all the applications so it could take some time to receive interview invites/rejections. How many people have heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecs123)
    I applied to the bank of america summer insight programme and my application is still under review. I rang up the recruitment office to see what was happening though (I submitted my application in March), and they said that there's only one person processing all the applications so it could take some time to receive interview invites/rejections. How many people have heard back?
    Literally just got the email now saying I had been invited for telephone interview. Applied for IBD quite early on. Anyone got any advice, first telephone interview for me! I've read its mostly motivational and competency but any guidance would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_224)
    Literally just got the email now saying I had been invited for telephone interview. Applied for IBD quite early on. Anyone got any advice, first telephone interview for me! I've read its mostly motivational and competency but any guidance would be much appreciated
    Just had the interview today. The questions I had were pretty standard. Quite a few motivation questions: why BAML, what are you hoping to gain etc. Two competency questions.

However, I had a question about my understanding of the division that I picked. Which is exactly the same as the question in the online form and I wasn't too sure how much of the same answer I should give. So I tried to give a different version and it kind of went wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conan)
    Just had the interview today. The questions I had were pretty standard. Quite a few motivation questions: why BAML, what are you hoping to gain etc. Two competency questions.

However, I had a question about my understanding of the division that I picked. Which is exactly the same as the question in the online form and I wasn't too sure how much of the same answer I should give. So I tried to give a different version and it kind of went wrong...
    Which division and what was your response?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.