Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    "Borrow" a friend's kitchen for the weekend...
    Or just cheesecake.
    :eek: Ask for Poncho's cheesecake recipe! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :eek: Ask for Poncho's cheesecake recipe! :coma:
    Haha you dont even need a kitchen for that chesecake a wooden hut will do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i haz a smoooooothie

also yesterday in counselling i came to the conclusion that part of why i constantly tell myself i'm a stupid idiot is because its slightly reassuring to know it - i take comfort from the fact that i know I'm stupid, because i would hate to be stupid and not realise I'm stupid. don't even know if that makes sense outside of my head but whatevs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    :eek: Poor meeces! They are happily ensconced in their cages, eating millet, mealworms and other vile delicacies.
    Can't possibly be as bad as the part of herself my dog is currently pulling bits off, disgusting creature... Kind of wish she'd go and lie somewhere else tbh, much as I like her keeping my feet warm

(Original post by Riku)
    glad (sort of, evilly ) I'm not the only one haven't remembered dreams in ages then they started again a few months ago...
    I've been having really really weird, vivid dreams recently which I never have before, at least not for more than a night or so at a time. Kind of annoying cus when I have managed to sleep I kind of want to feel like I've slept if you know what I mean!

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    :hugs: how are you?
    I'm ok, kind of too tired to know what's going on to be honest but could be worse :hugs:

(Original post by PandaWho)
    I hate the waiting room wait! But i was one of those annoying people, and she was already running late! I got out about 5 or 10 past 11 when my appointment was at 20 past 10, but i didnt get in till gone quarter 2 11
    but it was a productive appointment, came out with 4 prescriptions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The other day I had the opposite, the waiting room was completely empty yet they kept calling different names and I was there nearly an hour! But wow, that is a long one :eek: Four is a lot! Think three might be my record, plus normal repeat one if that counts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Haha you dont even need a kitchen for that chesecake a wooden hut will do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Can't possibly be as bad as the part of herself my dog is currently pulling bits off, disgusting creature... Kind of wish she'd go and lie somewhere else tbh, much as I like her keeping my feet warm

I've been having really really weird, vivid dreams recently which I never have before, at least not for more than a night or so at a time. Kind of annoying cus when I have managed to sleep I kind of want to feel like I've slept if you know what I mean!

I'm ok, kind of too tired to know what's going on to be honest but could be worse :hugs:

The other day I had the opposite, the waiting room was completely empty yet they kept calling different names and I was there nearly an hour! But wow, that is a long one :eek: Four is a lot! Think three might be my record, plus normal repeat one if that counts
    Hate it when that happens!
    Well 2 were my every day ones, 1 was a regular when i run out one (i take it when needed) then one was my beloved Zopi, but its only 7 nights worth and its only 3.75mg :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM
    A wooden hut, a kettle, a mallet, a metal bowl, a mixing bow, a fork and a tin is the important items you need

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Final year is so hard :dry:

ReputationRep:
    What you gonna make? I might see if I can make a bat-shaped cake.
    I'm thinking a pumpkin, but that's possibly too ambitious, so perhaps a cake in the shape of a ghost

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gah! I have no access to an oven! I may have to make a fridge cake
    Or do a fancy Microwave cake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    :console: Workload getting you down?

(Original post by Odd socks)
    I'm thinking a pumpkin, but that's possibly too ambitious, so perhaps a cake in the shape of a ghost

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think pumpkin would be quite doable - orange icing, with darker orange/brown lines to make it look pumpkiny (just have to be sure it looks like a pumpkin and not a basketball ).

ReputationRep:
    omg ahhhhhh

Spoiler:
    Show
    so at the weekend I went to a meet up from a facebook group for people in my uni city. it was good and I met some nice people and stuff. but one of the guys (in his mid thirties, quite big, bald, tracksuit, you get the idea) has been facebook messaging me ever since and pestering me like crazy. I keep taking ages to reply cause its irritating and now he keeps saying things like 'do you want to get to know me more because you're really beautiful' and im like arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. we have another meet up on sunday which I really wanted to go to but now its awkward. I keep trying to defuse things a bit and just thank him but avoid the actual question. I feel sorry for him because he keeps talking about how much hes been hurt by women and stuff but gaaah
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hugs:

omg ahhhhhh

Spoiler:
    Show
    so at the weekend I went to a meet up from a facebook group for people in my uni city. it was good and I met some nice people and stuff. but one of the guys (in his mid thirties, quite big, bald, tracksuit, you get the idea) has been facebook messaging me ever since and pestering me like crazy. I keep taking ages to reply cause its irritating and now he keeps saying things like 'do you want to get to know me more because you're really beautiful' and im like arghhhhhhhhhhhhh. we have another meet up on sunday which I really wanted to go to but now its awkward. I keep trying to defuse things a bit and just thank him but avoid the actual question. I feel sorry for him because he keeps talking about how much hes been hurt by women and stuff but gaaah
    :eek:

Really not sure what to suggest with that situation

(Original post by Odd socks)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :excited:

Edit: also I saw my ex friend earlier, walked past her on my way to work. Well I think it was her, I was trying not to make eye contact and she stuck her nose in the air as soon as she saw me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You want us to come sort her out?! :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Or do a fancy Microwave cake!
    I always find the texture ends up being a bit odd.

I decorated a haunted gingerbread house a couple of weeks ago. I could do that again without my four year old cousin helping, not sure if it would count though.

ReputationRep:
    :console: Workload getting you down?
    I'm having a hard time getting back into a uni mindset, the work isn't hard per se, it's the time and concentration it needs that i'm struggling back with

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :hugs:
    :hugs: you're an academic aren't you? How does one manage all the reading and literature review??

omg ahhhhhh

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Be firm and tell them straight up you aren't interested in them and if they don't get the hint, tell them to back down. These people don't sound good for you at all.

ReputationRep:
    I always find the texture ends up being a bit odd.

I decorated a haunted gingerbread house a couple of weeks ago. I could do that again without my four year old cousin helping, not sure if it would count though.
    I've never done one so just throwing out ideas! haha.
    Still this talk of cakes is making me hungry!

ReputationRep:
    omg ahhhhhh

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think honesty is the best policy - saying something along the lines of 'I'm really sorry but because of my current mental health issues it's not the greatest idea for me to be dating or even spending time alone with a man right now. You seem like a lovely person but please accept that I am not interested in you in that way. I hope this isn't too upsetting for you, but equally I want to make it clear that I'm uncomfortable with this level of contact with you.'
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hugs: you're an academic aren't you? How does one manage all the reading and literature review??
    Budding academic :yep: One does not manage all the reading and the literature review Simply put, you cannot read everything. So it's best to just read the key texts to do with your field over, say, the last 50 years (depending on how long your discipline has been around) and then to read anything to do with your particular interest. No one will expect you to have read everything, especially at undergraduate stage :hugs:

That said, I have a terrible habit of listing books that I haven't necessarily read, but have read the key summaries about in other books :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a hard time getting back into a uni mindset, the work isn't hard per se, it's the time and concentration it needs that i'm struggling back with
    :hugs: Have you tried different study techniques, like the pomidoro method (think it's like 25 mins study, 5 mins break, repeat)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Budding academic :yep: One does not manage all the reading and the literature review Simply put, you cannot read everything. So it's best to just read the key texts to do with your field over, say, the last 50 years (depending on how long your discipline has been around) and then to read anything to do with your particular interest. No one will expect you to have read everything, especially at undergraduate stage :hugs:

That said, I have a terrible habit of listing books that I haven't necessarily read, but have read the key summaries about in other books :ninja:
    Alternative method: skim over the key texts, then go in-depth into a few obscure but reputable books or journal articles. Everyone looks at the key texts, but if you know some bits and pieces of the obscure stuff it makes you look all awesome and knowledgeable. :cool:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.