Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm honestly lost for words.
    [img]http://fumaga.com/i/****-this-****-iam-outta-here-panda-bear.jpg[/img]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Essentially charging 200%, and marketing something as pathetic as that as a 'fan experience', exploiting 'fans' and tourists is scandalous, especially when you factor in that they were charging people to go a club shop which is free. Whatever that slimeball Cameron and his party does is irrelevant to this conversation.

Those are clearly aimed at corporate crowds - while this is just AFTV (or there parent company/whoever) exploiting tourists who don't know they are being ripped off; when they have other sources of income, namely that sweet sweet Youtube moolah.

I would be more sympathetic if the backtracking they'd done on it was more than take off the charge for the club store. It's a scam.
    Well that's how free market capitalism work. They're providing a service that the tourist don't need to have yet are willing to pay over the odds for it. These people aren't stupid- if you're smart enough to book yourself a plane ticket and a match day ticket to the stadium, then you're likely to know it's free to go to all the place they offering. It's obvious that the price is for an 'experience' with the 'locals' rather than to go to the shops etc.

What those ***** are doing is nothing that's hasn't been done by many others. You're probably viewing this on a product made by a company that've done worse than them.

I'd take your moral compass serious if you weren't a chav fan. You celebrate and steadfastly defend the exploitation of Russians every weekend and sometimes on a week night. Don't even bother been scruple.

ReputationRep:
    We can all **** on all these youtube superstars as much as we want but they're making the most out of the technology age.

I'm probably their biggest hater and try my hardest to avoid them like herpes.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    Well that's how free market capitalism work. They're providing a service that the tourist don't need to have yet are willing to pay over the odds for it. These people aren't stupid- if you're smart enough to book yourself a plane ticket and a match day ticket to the stadium, then you're likely to know it's free to go to all the place they offering. It's obvious that the price is for an 'experience' with the 'locals' rather than to go to the shops etc.

What those ***** are doing is nothing that's hasn't been done by many others. You're probably viewing this on a product made by a company that've done worse than them.

I'd take your moral compass serious if you weren't a chav fan. You celebrate and steadfastly defend the exploitation of Russians every weekend and sometimes on a week night. Don't even bother been scruple.
    Fantastic job on wrecking your entire argument in that last paragraph alone.
    Imagine trying to take any kind of moral high ground by dishing out petty insults. My original point was that it was scandalous - which it is regardless of anybody's moral compass; offering a service that is upwards of a 200% markup, regardless of who it is aimed at, is exactly that. Never did I say that it was something that should be outlawed as you seem to think I've said.

It's even funnier because Arsenal fans will rip into Abramovich, yet ignore the fact they have their own Russian oligarch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Strong use of melts.

Would take quite a long time considering they may not be in it for profit maximising (doubt it tho, considering how they're milking people), but if demand was apparent then it could lead them to increasing sales maximisation or even satisficing.
    Point being these melts are gonna be here for a long time.
    They'd probably do it for a loss. I mean, monetary gain doesn't take into account the price of ego inflating that these guys crave. I expect mr net spend is running the show on this one, or Ty. I can imagine it now on the tour around the Emirates Moh being like "and here's where I became a vine sensation" and "here's where I talked about net spend" and "here's where I said how Chelsea have no history so are a **** club and united are living in the past so are a **** club". And Ty showing the crowds his favourite store "so here's where i bought my arsenal headphones which I don't use to listen to music but to complete 'the look'" "here's where I bought my arsenal magic bottle and if you want the TRUE arsenal experience I'll take you to my dealer who's magic dust i put into my arsenal bottle for when I have to face that suicidal bald prick".

Inb4 I'm grumpy from doing uni work all day and using this petty hatred to vent my frustration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Fantastic job on wrecking your entire argument in that last paragraph alone.
    Imagine trying to take any kind of moral high ground by dishing out petty insults. My original point was that it was scandalous - which it is regardless of anybody's moral compass; offering a service that is upwards of a 200% markup, regardless of who it is aimed at, is exactly that. Never did I say that it was something that should be outlawed as you seem to think I've said.

It's even funnier because Arsenal fans will rip into Abramovich, yet ignore the fact they have their own Russian oligarch.
    Where did I make an holier than though stance?
    Where did I say you claim it should be outlawed?
    Where did I claim that arsenal are pristine?

As usual with you, when your point has been dismissed, you start putting out claims that hasn't been made.

No, it isn't scandalous what they're doing. It's the way life is and the system we prefer to live in. We've decided that the other systems are much worst. If you really feel the way about it the way you're trying to claim, you wouldn't be reading this.

You can't get emotional when people are making the most of it. Just like how you can't be in support of someone like roman running your club (which we all know you are) yet all of a sudden you're indignat with what these people are doing scandalous. Bizarre.

Talk about picking on the little guys whilst letting the big guys get away with it. It's seriously like really bizarre.

Hate the game not the player.

ReputationRep:
    I love it....talk about everything except...Arsenal. :rofl:

Edit: All non- constructive posts moved to the misc thread...because.. that's why we have the misc in the first place yahh?

Christ Anyhoo are we home or away for Bayern on Tuesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I love it....talk about everything except...Arsenal. :rofl:

Edit: All non- constructive posts moved to the misc thread...because.. that's why we have the misc in the first place yahh?

Christ Anyhoo are we home or away for Bayern on Tuesday?
    Home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Home.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    So why not the other 424 pages. Can anyone I get an update on who's posted the most on this thread? Want to see if i'm still in the lead.

ReputationRep:
    We're most likely going to start strong for 10 minutes, then get absolutely hammered, but only lose by 1 or 2 goals. Maybe a 2-1/3-1 loss.

I'm still holding out for a draw though.

ReputationRep:
    #Believe

ReputationRep:
    That goal got you through didn't it?

ReputationRep:
    #Believe
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    At least you aren't starting Sanogo up front this time

Yes that actually happened

ReputationRep:
    #Believe

ReputationRep:
    Sanogo better than Martial confirmed

ReputationRep:
    Emirates cup goals:

Messi - 0
    Sanogo - 4

But could he do it on a warm August afternoon in North London infront of 60,000 corporate hospitality fans?

ReputationRep:
    So gassed on Ozil right now

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope we go out of the CL as quick as possible now, no chance of getting through, can't be getting given false hope.

Focus on the league.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.