Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People negging me can't handle the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Be careful what you wish for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you're right...it's fun to laugh at Arsenal season upon season, they should keep Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    Clowns who don’t give a monkey’s about the club, who are degrading the clubs history and traditions in the name of profit and sustainability. I seriously hope something very bad happens to them.

For the peeps who said Keep having faith in wenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    My bloody Christ "give him time" Give home time? Are you serious? Does 8 years spring to mind? Are you not sick of giving him time because I know I am. How can avb and pellegrini buy players and we can't, we are a laughing stock right now to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course we are a laughing stock cause we got Piers Morgan praising the team on Twitter one minute and then he jumps on the Wenger out brigade soon after. And then there is you..

Its not 8 years, its this one year in which we should assess Wenger. The last 8 have been a miracle in all honesty as we have had to pay our debts. How can you compare AVB and Pellegrini to Wenger. One lost out on a CL spot to us and the other has yet to play a game in the Premier League :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    Well stop acting like it then!
    Just because we vent our frustrations we suddenly know more than Wenger. So fans have to keep their mouths shut. Wenger is lucky that Arsenal fans are the wah they are - most other big clubs would not have stood for this. I do admit he's bought this time but it's frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Although I would stick with wenger I would say Rijkaard? or even then whats the chances heyneckes comes out of retirement? Laudrap' leaving swansea? Bielsa? im saying theres always people who can do a job no one is bigger than the club that goes for players and managers imo
    Rijkaard, you must be having a laugh and as for heyneckes i did say realistically... someone coming out of retirement to manage arsenal after just winning a treble is not realistic.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I honestly can't believe you're calling Arsenal fans smug given how other fans have been towards us?
    Constantly banging on about how Arsenal would suddenly be a force to be reckoned with and challenge for the title. Not to mention everyone writing United off and some even suggesting that Arsenal would finish higher!

ReputationRep:
    Wenger's comment post-Villa:

"We could have won the game today with the players we had on the pitch, I'm convinced of that."

Care to explain what he means. That's another thing, he sometimes baffles me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What jam said but the annoying thing is that it isn't the first and won't be the last time. We get a lot of **** ref at the emirates and performances like the one we had today will happen at least 5 x this season at the emirates- that's the level of incompetence of refs and when there's no accountability for their performance, that's to be expected- but the players need to stop acting as if the world is against them and keep their cool.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just had to tolerate my Spud manager at work giving me grief for about 2 hours. Weekend ruined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    My bloody Christ "give him time" Are you not sick of giving him time because I know I am. How can avb and pellegrini buy players and we can't,
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    because avb is probably spending the money from the anticipated bale deal and pelligrini manages manchester city (who in case you didn't know are owned by a billionaire from the uae) .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    Rijkaard, you must be having a laugh and as for heyneckes i did say realistically... someone coming out of retirement to manage arsenal after just winning a treble is not realistic.
    What about laudrap or bielsa then? and why not Rijkaard? if we're just naming names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Constantly banging on about how Arsenal would suddenly be a force to be reckoned with and challenge for the title. Not to mention everyone writing United off and some even suggesting that Arsenal would finish higher!
    Who are these people. Show us them. I've not come across a post saying Arsenal will finish above United. You're making **** up. Prove me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Of course we are a laughing stock cause we got Piers Morgan praising the team on Twitter one minute and then he jumps on the Wenger out brigade soon after. And then there is you..

Its not 8 years, its this one year in which we should assess Wenger. The last 8 have been a miracle in all honesty as we have had to pay our debts. How can you compare AVB and Pellegrini to Wenger. One lost out on a CL spot to us and the other has yet to play a game in the Premier League :facepalm:
    I don't think we can say too much against AVB tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have u lads just seen Judas's 2nd goal...this day can't get any worse.

ReputationRep:
    Piers is having a full on meltdown now :rofl: https://twitter.com/piersmorgan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)

I was comparing them on the transfers this summer.... How can you possibly defend the man who sold van Persie to the team who finished directly above us the season before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we can say too much against AVB tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im not saying anything against any manager. AVB has a long way to go before he can be considered under the same breath as Wenger and he may very well do that one day but for now he's just a decent manager. Pelligrini is a great manager as well and has bought good this summer but his signings have yet to prove themselves. Lets not get carried away thats all I'm saying.

A win or a loss today shouldn't make a huge difference to what happens in the transfer market. The main concern is all the injuries and suspensions which could be a blessing in disguise. I do believe Wenger would have always bought players before the window closed but these injuries and suspensions will force him to act sooner rather than wait until dead line day.

ReputationRep:
    Today is a terrible day for us.......:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    I was comparing them on the transfers this summer.... How can you possibly defend the man who sold van Persie to the team who finished directly above us the season before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly. People say RVP was in his final year. True, buts it's our fault for letting it run down to the final year. Should have ties him years ago like we did with Fabregas and Wilshere. Not saying he wouldn't have left but we would have more control of the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Back in January when we had a full back crisis when Wenger hadn't signed anyone, he signed Monreal on the last day. Just saying. I still think Wenger will come through. Not enough people give him the credit he deserves.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.