The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8480
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
OMG! Just received my first offer today for LSE Economics - after many months of waiting. So happy! :biggrin:

Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 8481
Original post by Ndella
Interesting books :smile: Have you read Chaucer before? I'm convinced our teacher is forcing us to study Welsh :frown: Aww I'm jealous of your studying we need to talk about Kevin, I've been meaning to watch the film lol. Yeah the glass menagerie is really good, were in scene 5 now, may read on myself :tongue:

I don't really like we need to talk about kevin tbh, the language really annoys me (my other english teacher agrees but the other english teacher I have is making us, lol)

No I've never read Chaucer! Well I've read an extract of The Miller's Tale but that was all, are you finding it interesting?
Reply 8482
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yeah we have mock exams too in January for every subject. Our three texts that we are studying for the exam is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Shakespeare's Macbeth and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, we're doing elements of the Gothic. Are you doing Elements of the Gothic or Pastoral? (That's if you are doing AQA Lit B A2)

I love Macbeth :tongue:, no I'm on OCR unfortunately
Original post by usycool1
Congrats! :biggrin:

Original post by Prinz655
Congrats :biggrin:

Thanks guys!
For some of the uni's I've applied to, some people have already heard back and had an interview with them. I'm still waiting.. is this good or bad news? The wait is concerning
Original post by Ndella
I love Macbeth :tongue:, no I'm on OCR unfortunately

Ooh, alright. Then you had no idea what I was talking about then lol!
Original post by Sophie1994
For some of the uni's I've applied to, some people have already heard back and had an interview with them. I'm still waiting.. is this good or bad news? The wait is concerning

Honestly don't worry about it, I applied in early October and didn't get any offers till today. A long wait just means they're still considering you due to them having to process a huge batch of applications, the offers will come soon.
Original post by Qari
If in same year then NO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8488
Original post by furryface12

NP mate/dude :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly don't worry about it, I applied in early October and didn't get any offers till today. A long wait just means they're still considering you due to them having to process a huge batch of applications, the offers will come soon.

It's just worrying how some people have already had their interviews and I've not heard back at all :bored: But congrats on your offer! What course have you applied for?
It's just worrying how some people have already had their interviews and I've not heard back at all :bored: But congrats on your offer! What course have you applied for?

Well maybe you applied after them? Some unis operate on a first come, first serve basis. And some only give out a few early and wait till after the deadline for the majority. Thanks, I applied for Economics.
Reply 8491

You sure they've recieved your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8492
Well maybe you applied after them? Some unis operate on a first come, first serve basis. And some only give out a few early and wait till after the deadline for the majority. Thanks, I applied for Economics.
Universities have to give equal consideration to all applicants, so long as they apply prior to the January deadline.
Original post by Pandora.
Universities have to give equal consideration to all applicants, so long as they apply prior to the January deadline.

Sorry, maybe I phrased it incorrectly. Yes there's equal consideration to all applicants but for some universities, generally, the earlier it's sent, the earlier their decision to you.
Reply 8494
First semester is over :woo:

going home tomorrow :biggrin:
Ooh, alright. Then you had no idea what I was talking about then lol!

Dat username :colone:
Original post by Blueray2
Dat username :colone:

lol what's with it? :colondollar:
lol what's with it? :colondollar:

Sounds like you listen to rap :biggrin:

Latest