Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by incipientT)
    That's pretty neat, I'd have thought it would have taken longer
    Haha thanks! Its pretty basic shapes though, it took ages to render the final image though. And to render the footage for vid, took about 9 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    I had no idea it was CGI it looked so real, congratz mate
    Yeh dude, I fooled my tutor at college and he demanded a video of it, cheers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Haha thanks! Its pretty basic shapes though, it took ages to render the final image though. And to render the footage for vid, took about 9 hours.
    That was processing time, I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I know I can do it, and I have about six lessons left beforehand (christ that's not many), but I'm 99.9% sure I wouldn't pass how I currently am. I'm not that bad at driving, just need to learn to think about what the gradient's like before I do things...
    Yeah I am, I just get really frustrated and upset every lesson cos I don't ever feel like I'm getting any better!
    Ok being a perfectonist isn't easy (trust me i know) what you have to uderstand is that although you may think that perfection is the only way, come to the realisation of the truth, no-one is perfect at driving when they first start, yes you have some ones who are naturally talented but they all have things which let them down,

Focus on things which you can control, you will never achieve perfection (no-one is perfect) so just learn to relax and not see things in black or white, you may think that anything short of perfection is wrong and you've failed, but also remember this if we as a race could do things prefectly first time, then there would be no education system, not music teachers, no jobs

EVERYONE makes mistakes, it's all part of the learning expierance

ReputationRep:
    That was processing time, I take it?
    Yep correct!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I haven't even taken my test once yet, it's in Feb, but she said I might have to put it back and I come out of every lesson practically crying because I don't feel like i'll ever pass!
    I've failed 3 tests

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep correct!
    You did video too?! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcasmrules)
    You did video too?! :O
    Yepp! Hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    I've failed 3 tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I failed 3 too, passed on the forth
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I failed 3 too, passed on the forth
    I hope I do - it's annoying I have to take my theory again though which I did pass first time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think to this mushroom?
    It looks unreal.

ReputationRep:
    Ok being a perfectonist isn't easy (trust me i know) what you have to uderstand is that although you may think that perfection is the only way, come to the realisation of the truth, no-one is perfect at driving when they first start, yes you have some ones who are naturally talented but they all have things which let them down,

Focus on things which you can control, you will never achieve perfection (no-one is perfect) so just learn to relax and not see things in black or white, you may think that anything short of perfection is wrong and you've failed, but also remember this if we as a race could do things prefectly first time, then there would be no education system, not music teachers, no jobs

EVERYONE makes mistakes, it's all part of the learning expierance
    I know I know, but i've had 32 lessons now so should be ready!

I've failed 3 tests
    It's fine, I'll probs be joining you soon hahah

ReputationRep:

You most likley are ready, your just stuck in the perfectionist self critism cycle, take take a long think about what you can do, you can pull off, do manouvers etc. yes? then your perfectly fine to be able to pass your test and don't worry if you don't pass it first time, i know someone who passed it on his 3rd time, just remember to breathe relax and do the best you can

ReputationRep:
    You most likley are ready, your just stuck in the perfectionist self critism cycle, take take a long think about what you can do, you can pull off, do manouvers etc. yes? then your perfectly fine to be able to pass your test and don't worry if you don't pass it first time, i know someone who passed it on his 3rd time, just remember to breathe relax and do the best you can
    My mom took 5 tests but hey. I just need more practice. I'm sure i'll be fine by Feb, might ask for extra lessons though!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Yeah lol - I hope you pass first time though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lol - I hope you pass first time though
    Cheers, we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    I hope I do - it's annoying I have to take my theory again though which I did pass first time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How come you had to resit the theory, I thought that stayed with you even if you did fail the practical?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How come you had to resit the theory, I thought that stayed with you even if you did fail the practical?
    I haven't retook it yet

The theory test expires after 2 years and you have to pass your practical in that time otherwise you have to resist it - the most stupid thing in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Evening (or morning/afternoon where relevant ) Ladies and Gentlemen.

How are we today?

ReputationRep:
    So excited for New Years! Hows everyone doing tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.