Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    What in 2011/12?
    I don't think he had the green light to spend as much as he has been allocated this window nor the club stating they wanted to spend big

I don't know, but the way the boards have spoken about this window seems different to 2011

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've seen those articles. They're ridiculous. It's like people literally thought, "hey, Balotelli is sponsored by Puma, and Arsenal's new kit deal is with Puma, and even though it makes no sense, 2+2 COULD equal 17!".

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the puma money start kicking in last summer anyways.

What in 2011/12?
    Yh we were still poor then. Only became rich last summer. And we had no choice. Rvp said he was never going to sign on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol, at least Spanish players will be reachable now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Didn't the puma money start kicking in last summer anyways.

Yh we were still poor then. Only became rich last summer. And we had no choice. Rvp said he was never going to sign on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it starts 2014/15 season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I don't think he had the green light to spend as much as he has been allocated this window nor the club stating they wanted to spend big

I don't know, but the way the boards have spoken about this window seems different to 2011

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that doesn't make sense =| the club still had over 120m cash reserves in that season i remember reading a swissramble article and the club will of known about the massive amounts of money coming in from new tv deals/sponsorship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I've said this before, but I don't rate costa as high as most people + the media do. Every time I've seen him play, he hasn't been anything special :/

Yeah yeah he's been injured and that's why he's playing **** at this tounrament but even in the la liga, I've never seen anything from him that's wow'd me- not like Falcao or Cavani did in the season before last
    Tbh with this season and the world cup so far, Cavani has been very underwhelming imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Tbh with this season and the world cup so far, Cavani has been very underwhelming imo.
    Cavani doesn't seem like a big game player

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that doesn't make sense =| the club still had over 120m cash reserves in that season i remember reading a swissramble article and the club will of known about the massive amounts of money coming in from new tv deals/sponsorship
    I'm sure the cash was there but again I just think the board has been more open and seemed to have approached this window differently to 2011

Even with the 120m+ I don't think it was reported that we had much intention of spending most of it compared to this season where they're already saying were going to spend

Just have to wait until July I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Yeah definately. I was on about the season before last, when him and Falcao emerged as the best strikers in the world. Even Falcao hasn't been amazing this season lol

He missed that sitter against Chelsea in the champions league too do you remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yeah definately. I was on about the season before last, when him and Falcao emerged as the best strikers in the world. Even Falcao hasn't been amazing this season lol

He missed that sitter against Chelsea in the champions league too do you remember
    Falcaos been severely injured though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I'm sure the cash was there but again I just think the board has been more open and seemed to have approached this window differently to 2011

Even with the 120m+ I don't think it was reported that we had much intention of spending most of it compared to this season where they're already saying were going to spend

Just have to wait until July I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
    someone linked an article in here earlier in the season of all the quotes of gazidis etc about how every year they come out with the same stuff about having money to spend its not exclusive to this year. they've been saying the same **** for at least 4 years

ReputationRep:
    someone linked an article in here earlier in the season of all the quotes of gazidis etc about how every year they come out with the same stuff about having money to spend its not exclusive to this year. they've been saying the same **** for at least 4 years
    They did at least spend some of it last year though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    They did at least spend some of it last year though...
    Last year was a ****ing atrocious window. How much was really spent? The wage bill was lowered considerably and gervinho was sold

ReputationRep:
    I dont really understand the Puma + Balotelli=Arsenal thing either.

Puma already have Italy so where's the synergy in having him at Arsenal for them?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Barcelona for the 15m for Alex Song.

ReputationRep:
    Remember when Fergie said AW could run a poker school in Glasgow with his negotiating ability? Alex Song for £15m...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Remember when Fergie said AW could run a poker school in Glasgow with his negotiating ability? Alex Song for £15m...

Gotta say Wenger is a don when it comes to selling players.

Shame Sagna went for free though. But RVP for 24M, Nasri for 20 something million and both in the last years of their contracts. Clichy was the only guy who went for a fair price for the other party personally and then you had Gibbs who is younger and better. Clichy got dropped for Kolarov in the big games anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Song's technique, passing range and final ball at Arsenal was second to none really. To bad he was slack defensively

ReputationRep:
    Gervinho sale is looking a bit funny now though.

Just didn't fit the team.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.