Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    If other friends are going, go! She doesn't have to interfere in your life.
    she messaged me just now saying that she didn't mean to include me in that bit about being boring, she meant the other guy, and that the reason she wasn't mentioning to me was that she thought I wouldn't want to come after all the drama that happened last time (some people in the group got in a big argument).

She's never lied to me before and seems genuinely upset that she'd upset me, so I think I should believe her? Or am I being wilfully ignorant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    she messaged me just now saying that she didn't mean to include me in that bit about being boring, she meant the other guy, and that the reason she wasn't mentioning to me was that she thought I wouldn't want to come after all the drama that happened last time (some people in the group got in a big argument).

She's never lied to me before and seems genuinely upset that she'd upset me, so I think I should believe her? Or am I being wilfully ignorant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I say tread carefully but don't let her comments ruin the opportunity to go have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    I say tread carefully but don't let her comments ruin the opportunity to go have a good time.
    good idea, I'll go and keep an eye on how she acts towards me while we're there :yep:

thanks so much for putting up with me being all panicky and upset, it was really lovely of you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    good idea, I'll go and keep an eye on how she acts towards me while we're there :yep:

thanks so much for putting up with me being all panicky and upset, it was really lovely of you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, no problem. :jumphug: better than studying!

ReputationRep:
    How can you know if you're depressed without an 'official' diagnosis from a GP?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    Even before I went to the GP I knew I was depressed. I felt very down a lot, I had a lack of motivation for life and school work etc, I had lost interest in my favourite things, I had a bad sleeping pattern. There are indicators.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, no problem. :jumphug: better than studying!
    ooh what is it you study? sorry I've you've said before, my memory is terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol go to the GP!
    but if you really cant

i know people say the internet is the worst thing to do but honestly thats the only way i found out i had ADHD (plus indicators), i dont recommend though it as you could scare yourself (think you have something which you dont) Only if your sure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    ooh what is it you study? sorry I've you've said before, my memory is terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, so is mine these days. I'm nearly finished my A2 exams, I'm hoping to do history and politics this September at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, so is mine these days. I'm nearly finished my A2 exams, I'm hoping to do history and politics this September at uni.
    memories being bad seems pretty common here, I reckon it's to do with depression.

ooh awesome, I never was any good at those sort of things, all the humanities subjects that involve essays were just impossible for me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can just buy medication from a pharmacist, i suffer from both anxiety and depression, as i can't really go to the GP and get diagnosed...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    memories being bad seems pretty common here, I reckon it's to do with depression.

ooh awesome, I never was any good at those sort of things, all the humanities subjects that involve essays were just impossible for me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    l used to have this amazing recall thing going on where I barely had to revise (did like nothing for my GCSEs, haha) but since then it's crap. Has to be the depression.

I love those kind of subjects. Lemme guess, you're into science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tree321)
    Does anyone know if you can just buy medication from a pharmacist, i suffer from both anxiety and depression, as i can't really go to the GP and get diagnosed...
    hi, I'm afraid you can't get antidepressants or anti anxiety meds without a prescription from a doctor

can I ask what's stopping you from seeing a GP? we might be able to come up with some solutions :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi, I'm afraid you can't get antidepressants or anti anxiety meds without a prescription from a doctor

can I ask what's stopping you from seeing a GP? we might be able to come up with some solutions :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically my parents won't actually let me go to doctors alone, yes im an kind of an adult, but they control almost everything i do! And i can't discuss my anxieties or depression with them.

ReputationRep:
    l used to have this amazing recall thing going on where I barely had to revise (did like nothing for my GCSEs, haha) but since then it's crap. Has to be the depression.

I love those kind of subjects. Lemme guess, you're into science?
    I used to get away with no revision when I was at school, it's so hard studying now because I never had to know how to do it before

yup, I studied biology and chemistry and maths at school, and now I'm at uni training to be a pharmacist :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tree321)
    Basically my parents won't actually let me go to doctors alone, yes im an kind of an adult, but they control almost everything i do! And i can't discuss my anxieties or depression with them.
    :hugs: parents can be so controlling could you maybe schedule an appointment and then say you're doing something else like going out with friends? It sucks having to go behind their backs but you shouldn't have to suffer without help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even before I went to the GP I knew I was depressed. I felt very down a lot, I had a lack of motivation for life and school work etc, I had lost interest in my favourite things, I had a bad sleeping pattern. There are indicators.
    Were you referred for counselling? Or given SSRI's straight away?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I used to get away with no revision when I was at school, it's so hard studying now because I never had to know how to do it before

yup, I studied biology and chemistry and maths at school, and now I'm at uni training to be a pharmacist :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've no clue how to study. Like somehow I just get through.

Awesome! Though I was rubbish at those subjects at school.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: parents can be so controlling could you maybe schedule an appointment and then say you're doing something else like going out with friends? It sucks having to go behind their backs but you shouldn't have to suffer without help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't because the doctors i go to, know my family really well! So if i try to book an appointment the receptionist is more than likely to mention it to my parents. Its literally got to a point were i can't cope with it anymore, and nothing is helping properly, i get temporary relief by talking to people.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    What if you refuse counselling?

That is up to you. I have had counselling and it did not really work for me.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.