Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Dortmund were not in a good shape before Klopp came in. Not a coincidence that they suddenly improved when Klopp came in along with Buvac and Krawietz who both also followed Klopp to Liverpool. It's fair to say that the three of them contributed to developing Dortmunds structure but to what extent is hard to say and it remains to be seen whether they can do the same at Liverpool.
    Hmm I'll try to dig out the details/article but off the top of my head, I think it was that Dortmund were in a bad shape financially but the club put a lot of bits together - Klopp didn't have control over everything at Dortmund and there were others such as Michael Zorc (who was a player before and then became sporting director at Dortmund from 1998) who had a big role in other parts like player recruitment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Wtf ? Dortmund have always been a BIG team in bundesliga. Yes they were in bad shape when klopp came about, but the same klopp left them in a critical condition. And the current Dortmund manager improved them again. It's a cycle of football man

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Critical condition? They had one bad season which were plagued with injuries and it was easier for the current manager to improve as he inherited a good squad. Dortmund were in a far worse shape before Klopp came in and the squad was subjected to a lot of changes since then, it's not like they had a one off bad season back then, for a few seasons they were consistently where Liverpool are now except that they didn't piss away money like we do because they had nothing to spend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Hmm I'll try to dig out the details/article but off the top of my head, I think it was that Dortmund were in a bad shape financially but the club put a lot of bits together - Klopp didn't have control over everything at Dortmund and there were others such as Michael Zorc (who was a player before and then became sporting director at Dortmund from 1998) who had a big role in other parts like player recruitment.
    Yh think Dortmund had a DOF in charge of transfers but it was clear that the the scouting and recruiting team worked well in synch with Klopp and his assistent coaches compared to Rodgers and the transfer commitee which was a debacle in all honestly. Let's hope the same doesn't happen with Klopp and the commitee (think Klopp wanted Liverpool to have a DOF but FSG said no?)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ibe has agreed personal terms with Bournemouth and said his goodbyes at Melwood. Expected to sign later this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Ibe has agreed personal terms with Bournemouth and said his goodbyes at Melwood. Expected to sign later this week.
    mr tim - when I've seen that you've posted, it always fill me with apprehension since I never know if it will be good news or bad news..

ReputationRep:
    mr tim is defo a basement dwelling virgin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Yh think Dortmund had a DOF in charge of transfers but it was clear that the the scouting and recruiting team worked well in synch with Klopp and his assistent coaches compared to Rodgers and the transfer commitee which was a debacle in all honestly. Let's hope the same doesn't happen with Klopp and the commitee (think Klopp wanted Liverpool to have a DOF but FSG said no?)
    But that again points to the fact that Dortmund had the right structure in place and you can't credit everything good at Dortmund on Klopp.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    I'm defo a basement dwelling virgin
    Fixed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But that again points to the fact that Dortmund had the right structure in place and you can't credit everything good at Dortmund on Klopp.
    Maybe Klopp worked with the management or had an input into putting place such a structure? We don't know really (maybe Vae can answer this) but we can only go with that him and his team obviously had a significant hand in how good the club is at the moment, you can't credit him everything good but like I said before, he had a contribution nonetheless.

Imo, it doesn't really matter too much what the structure is as long as the players brought in are the right quality players he wants, fits into the team and not shoehorned in.

ReputationRep:
    You guys did well to get rid of Rodgers, he is currently losing his first match in charge of his new team

(against the champions of Gibraltar!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You guys did well to get rid of Rodgers, he is currently losing his first match in charge of his new team

(against the champions of Gibraltar!)
    Christ...

ReputationRep:
    mr tim is defo a basement dwelling virgin
    He's 10x the poster you'll ever be tbh pal.

He actually gives useful updates about the club rather than calling other people virgins...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Klopp tells Balotelli he needs to leave. Sakho sidelined for a month, to miss start of PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Fixed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You mad you're a Manlet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Klopp tells Balotelli he needs to leave. Sakho sidelined for a month, to miss start of PL.
    Sakho does seem to suffer too many injuries.

ReputationRep:
    Feels like Ibe could go either way but on paper this should be good for his development. Criminal if we don't have a buy back safety net.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You mad you're a Manlet
    1/10 response. Not a manlet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, I bought a ticket to the Fleetwood Town friendly tonight a few weeks ago, hasn't arrived. Rang up this morning - "oh, we don't have a record of it being sent out".

****ing amateurs :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Martin Skrtel at Fenerbahce doing his medical at the moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Martin Skrtel at Fenerbahce doing his medical at the moment.
    he passed it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.