Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)

Mourinhowon't win the league this year, united is far too broken to manage it. Next season (17-18) he'll walk it, sacked by christmas 18.
    Without the CL distraction he'll walk it. He'll tactically dump them out of the league cup early and have the league wrapped up by the time FA Cup fixtures come in January.

Will be interesting to see how Pep treats the league cup. Competing on all four fronts he'll go full Arsenal and be out of everything by February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Without the CL distraction he'll walk it. He'll tactically dump them out of the league cup early and have the league wrapped up by the time FA Cup fixtures come in January.

Will be interesting to see how Pep treats the league cup. Competing on all four fronts he'll go full Arsenal and be out of everything by February.
    You know pep won all 6 titles possible in his debut season? He's astute at rotating his squad. I can't see his season ending before March and I doubt he will finish the season without a trophy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Only bantering you sr, you were more correct than me on that one. Speaks volumns how **** strikers are that Deeney is valued at £35mil ffs. Just awful.
    I think you and I both know why he's valued at that price.

He'd be worth 10m if he was Hungarian or Nigerian.

Wrt Mourinho, keep in mind he effectively has no Europe this season. He's made his thoughts on the EL very clear before, you really think he'll be playing his first team? It'll be Carrick, Lingard, Fosu Mensah, Romero etc.

ReputationRep:
    Man like Giroud started ahead of him in Euros. Deschamps knows he's a fraud too

Agree on quote of year 2014, was a wonderful thread full of Liverpool tears.
    Deschamps is the only fraud here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)

Christ, the delusion really is this strong. I didn't realise United fans genuinely thought he'd win them the title in his first season, I thought it was just bravado.
    It'll be funny watching them celebrate a 4th place trophy next May whilst hailing Mourinho the "progessive one"...
    (Original post by sr90)
    I think you and I both know why he's valued at that price.

He'd be worth 10m if he was Hungarian or Nigerian.

Wrt Mourinho, keep in mind he effectively has no Europe this season. He's made his thoughts on the EL very clear before, you really think he'll be playing his first team? It'll be Carrick, Lingard, Fosu Mensah, Romero etc.
    Fair point, I guess Caroll went for £35mil. Still an outragous amount for what is a midtable level striker.
    (Original post by difeo)
    Deschamps is the only fraud here
    Not going to disagree, Martial definitely has it in his locker to become the best striker in the league, but only if Rashford lets him right?

ReputationRep:
    Something that I notice about Koscielny is that while he is a brilliant player, he suffers from momentary lapses/very bad decision making during matches which causes the clear goalscoring opportunities for the opposition. It is what stops him from being a truly great defender. Fair enough if that is at Arsenal where he has to babysit Mertesacker and Gabriel. However, the other day he was partnered with Umtiti , a very promising defender. He just got outmuscled by Eder and effectively let him get away while trotting at half pace.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe he couldn't be physical with Eder because clatts thought he had a black hand.

ReputationRep:
    Elneny though, could see him partnering Xhaka in midfield when Ramsey is not playing, I really like his style of play as a B2B.

ReputationRep:
    The guy is just a beast.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain
    Alexis Ozil Wilshere
    Xhaka Ramsey
    Monreal Rugani Koscielny Bellerin
    Ospina
    will bang.

if not, diamond will still bang.
    Alexis Giroud
    Ozil
    Elneny Ramsey
    Xhaka
    Monreal Rugani Koscielny Bellerin
    Ospina

ReputationRep:
    Our transfer business is pretty much done since Arsene only targeted 3 transfers, he won't even need to replace Debuchy and Sanogo should they go

ReputationRep:
    Reckon Ramsey will have a banging season next season. He can truly play box to box, because Coq isn't really a distributor, Ramsey has had to drop deep more often than he should. Playing Xhaka will mean that Ramsey can have more freedom.

If Ramsey has a Lampard-esque season..

..then we'd still need a ****ing striker to win the league

We're winning **** all if we don't dig deep and sign a goal scorer

ReputationRep:
    People go on about Kroos' distribution but I would say on that front that Xhaka is on a comparable level. If Wenger can coach him to improve his all round game then I don't see why he can't become as good as Kroos. He definitely needs to be more of a goalscoring threat though.

ReputationRep:
    Because he has no discipline

ReputationRep:
    Got the feeling Giroud will have his best season in an Arsenal shirt next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Got the feeling Giroud will have his best season in an Arsenal shirt next year.
    Just.. Stop 🙄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Just.. Stop ������
    Who am I imitating?

ReputationRep:
    Quite pathetic that we're reportedly interested in Higuin. Three years ago he was younger and worth like £35m, which we thought was too much. Three years onwards he's almost 29 and is going to cost us almost double that. Where's the logic?

All for signing a striker but **** me was this stupid. Higuin might not even hit the ground running

ReputationRep:
    His "weak foot" though :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Quite pathetic that we're reportedly interested in Higuin. Three years ago he was younger and worth like £35m, which we thought was too much. Three years onwards he's almost 29 and is going to cost us almost double that. Where's the logic?

All for signing a striker but **** me was this stupid. Higuin might not even hit the ground running
    Ncl

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.