Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    rooney

Baines and townsend have been the best players this half..

With a decent mention to gerrard..

- welbeck though.. well, wellbeck and 'composure on the ball' should never be used together..

ReputationRep:
    Rooney!

BTW Walcott and Lennon are officially never playing for England again.

ReputationRep:
    Best I've seen England play in a long time

ReputationRep:
    Rooney you sex God!

ReputationRep:
    Rooney always does it in the qualifiers for us, amazing so many England fans don't rate him, easily our best striker right now by miles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Rooney!

Obviously Walcott will be starting in the World Cup. Lennon probably won't make the squad though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is the first time that I've genuinely felt that Leighton baines should take over from cole as first choice left back. I still feel that Cole is the better defender but baines provides an attacking outlet on the left hand side that we haven't had in years.

I would still expect to see cole playing in the big games (a la scholes and giggs at man utd in recent years) but in games where we have to really take the game to the opposition then baines looks likely to become invaluable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely baffled when people prefer Cole over Baines.

ReputationRep:
    great first half, its been a while watching England attack so well

yeah Baines so much >>> Cole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Best I've seen England play in a long time
    Not sure about that. Best I've seen England look going forward in a while, still look a bit vulnerable on the counter, and a bit flimsy in the middle. 1-0 means next to nothing with Hodgson as manager, Townsend for Milner at this point is a realistic probability.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Rooney!

Or Cole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Obviously Walcott will be starting in the World Cup. Lennon probably won't make the squad though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about Oxlade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    Generally baffled when people prefer Cole over Baines.
    Baines is good when he can get forward, but if he gets pinned back by a good right hand side he's not as good defensively as Cole. It's a call of how much you think he can give going forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Baines and Townsend have been superb. Baines especially. Should start over Cole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Not sure about that. Best I've seen England look going forward in a while, still look a bit vulnerable on the counter, and a bit flimsy in the middle. 1-0 means next to nothing with Hodgson as manager, Townsend for Milner at this point is a realistic probability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I should have said going forward. But Poland are very good on the counter.

Seeing as the neg rep has gone, let's see if this works.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thumbs up for Rooney woo x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Baines is good when he can get forward, but if he gets pinned back by a good right hand side he's not as good defensively as Cole. It's a call of how much you think he can give going forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe not as good, but he's still very good defensively. People seem to forget that.

ReputationRep:
    Baines>Gibbs>Cole

ReputationRep:
    don't get carried away, we are good going forward, but finishing is poor, Sturridge shoots without thinking and Wellbeck seems to be thinking about everything but shooting, we need to get Rooney the ball more imo, he's easily our best striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meat is Murder)
    What about Oxlade?
    He can play on the left so he'll probably get in if he gets some game time this season. But AOC and Lennon are in trouble because they're not first choice for their clubs.

Baines is not good enough defensively. As soon as we play a good team we get pegged right back inside our area. We need Cole for these games.

Cole is virtually useless going forward these days so you can see why we offer more threat down the left with him playing. It also allows for a more narrow player on the left of midfield. But against good teams I've never seen England go for it so the question is whether he fits in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Townsend is world-class for England anyways. Never seen a more direct player ever. He reminds me off Bale and Ronaldo in the way he forces defenders back then goes jetting past them.

PLEASE POLAND SCORE so we can witness England play like that again!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.