Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
I had a scary dream last night. It was bad, I'm not sure I can even talk about it I would say it's a warning. Considering the events that unfolded today i'm getting quite scared I was followed by some complete weirdo today...! I feel like everyone is plotting behind my back and that I am going to have a major mind crash soon

I'm fed up with dealing with all my friends problems. I never get time to focus on getting myself on track. I can't tell anyone whats going on. I keep getting hassled by all the wrong people. I'm tempted to go for a walk into town, but at this ungodly hour, I really cannot be bothered!
:hugs:
If there's anything I know it's having horrible dreams. I'd say the memories will fade but I'd be lying. The dreams wil hopefully get less disturbing.
I also know what dealing with your friends problems is like when you have problems of your own, it might be a good idea to tell them you have a lot on your plate at the moment and to go and talk to someone else? It's crap if you're usually the advice giver in your group and when you need advice no-one is around.

And Arnold, come on msn!

My day has hardly been a day considering I've been awake all of *counts* 4 hours and 47 minutes. I can't revise. It just isn't happening. I meant to wake up at 8am but I ended up waking up at 8pm at night and when I went to the living room my mum wanted to know why I didn't go to school!
Everything is just getting worse. No-one seems to care about me anymore, like no-one even bothers calling me unless they want something from me. I have nothing to offer anyone. How can I help people when I can't even help myself?
Everyone hates me now because I'm either asleep or sitting doing nothing. My dad thinks I'm worried about exams and can't grasp that I don't care, my mum thinks I'm trying to get out of doing the housework and my sister thinks I'm being ridiculous. I keep having the urge to cut and I keep wanting to OD and I keep wanting to do them both at the same time and it's getting to be too much.
I just don't know what to do.
blackfish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
If there's anything I know it's having horrible dreams. I'd say the memories will fade but I'd be lying. The dreams wil hopefully get less disturbing.
I also know what dealing with your friends problems is like when you have problems of your own, it might be a good idea to tell them you have a lot on your plate at the moment and to go and talk to someone else? It's crap if you're usually the advice giver in your group and when you need advice no-one is around.
I tried that manouver, but that failed completely. When you have your best friend knocking on your door at 3AM, you know that he's never going to get the message

Don't cut yourself. It causes more harm than good, you can always pm me or chat to me via email/msn if you want to talk
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I tried that manouver, but that failed completely. When you have your best friend knocking on your door at 3AM, you know that he's never going to get the message

Don't cut yourself. It causes more harm than good, you can always pm me or chat to me via email/msn if you want to talk
Thanks blackfish, I've been ignoring the urge by going on dresscircle and putting loads of musical reccordings in a basket lol

And , I'm sorry about your friend. Sounds like he's in a bit of a bad way too.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
Thanks blackfish, I've been ignoring the urge by going on dresscircle and putting loads of musical reccordings in a basket lol

And , I'm sorry about your friend. Sounds like he's in a bit of a bad way too.
I find a good session on Last.fm helps any tune you want, it's there

Thanks, yea my friend isn't exactly 100%, not sure i'm much good to him in this state of mind though
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:cry:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:cry:
:hugs: I also feel like crying.

What is up? :hugs:
Laus
Report 9 years ago
I find a good session on Last.fm helps any tune you want, it's there

Thanks, yea my friend isn't exactly 100%, not sure i'm much good to him in this state of mind though
Spotify is also good.

http://www.spotify.com/en/
Laus
Report 9 years ago
I feel very poorly lately. May go to the doctors, but not sure what to say. I feel quite angry, too. I think I'm just frustrated and fed-up of it all.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not fair, I hate these people so much, but I can't live without them.
Laus
Report 9 years ago
It's not fair, I hate these people so much, but I can't live without them.
You shouldn't have to live/put up with people you hate.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
You shouldn't have to live/put up with people you hate.
I just feel so unhappy all the time. :cry:

How are you today Laus? How is your mum doing?

Elements
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey you two!:hello: :flowers:

I'm on MSN atm if you 2 want to hop along for a group chat :grouphugs: or separate one's :hugs: :hugs: , or not at all of course.:work:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
Hey you two!:hello: :flowers:

I'm on MSN atm if you 2 want to hop along for a group chat :grouphugs: or separate one's :hugs: :hugs: , or not at all of course.:work:

I'm afraid I don't have msn access at the moment Elements, but thank-you for the offer.

How are you doing?
Laus
Report 9 years ago
I just feel so unhappy all the time. :cry:

How are you today Laus? How is your mum doing?

I know what you mean. I feel much the same, lately. It's horrible.

I'm sorry you feel so unhappy. Are these people making you unhappier? Is there no way you can distance yourself from them?

My mum is quite depressed, but OK. She seems to feel poorly a lot.

Laus
Report 9 years ago
:hugs: Elements.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I know what you mean. I feel much the same, lately. It's horrible.

I'm sorry you feel so unhappy. Are these people making you unhappier? Is there no way you can distance yourself from them?

My mum is quite depressed, but OK. She seems to feel poorly a lot.

I try to distance myself from them. It's just so hard to realise how little they ever cared for me.

I'm sorry you and your mum both feel so bad.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Up down Up down la la la...

To Diamonddust, sian_bedford and I can't remember who else, sorry!, that was how I was feeling last year too :hugs: I found once exams were done it helped a lot.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Up down Up down la la la...

To Diamonddust, sian_bedford and I can't remember who else, sorry!, that was how I was feeling last year too :hugs: I found once exams were done it helped a lot.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks Jonathan :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel so awful. I've got less than 5 weeks to go before I'm finished with uni, but I can't motivate myself. All I can think about is my ex-friends, and how happy they all are without me. I wish I could hurt them as much as they hurt me. :cry:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads