Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    United won't win all their remaining games. Fact.
    Neither will we.

(Original post by antonfigo)
    Don't get your hopes up too much people. This club is unpredictable.
    Oh, they're predictable alright. You can count on them to screw up when they have a chance to close the gap.

ReputationRep:
    Beat Spurs tonight please. K? THX.

ReputationRep:
    Omens are good for us - we're actually better at capitalising on slip-ups than Utd or Chelsea are (there was a really comprehensive article on it a few weeks ago but I can't remember the address).

Spurs have also only scored 6 goals in the league in 2011 which is appalling, and add to that the fact that we're unbeaten in 15 league games.

Admittedly we've drawn too many games, but tonight is a proper chance to show our title credentials, and we simply cannot afford to drop points.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal Youth have already qualified for the Dallas Cup semi-finals after resounding wins over Dallas Texans (5-1) and Chorillo FC (6-0) - their final group game is against Club Bolivar this evening.

The likely route to the final will see us take on Eintracht Frankfurt in the semis then either Barcelona, Japan U18 or Tigres CF in the final.

Apparently Henderson, Freeman and Ebicilio have been in fantastic form - I don't know who's scored or assisted in the games though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Spurs have also only scored 6 goals in the league in 2011 which is appalling, and add to that the fact that we're unbeaten in 15 league games.
    That's only at home, where they've had 5 games, so it's not really that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    That's only at home, where they've had 5 games, so it's not really that bad.
    Fair enough, guess I misheard on SSN this morning, all these painkillers aren't making me feel that alive. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, guess I misheard on SSN this morning, all these painkillers aren't making me feel that alive. :yy:
    Eurgh, such a mare, get well soon, man.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah get well soon man, sounds like a really nasty injury :/

Our home win percentage this season is 59%, compared to Man U's 95%...

A win tonight would be great, hopefully keep Spurs out of Europe next season...

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I liked Harry Redknapp's defence of Wenger. Especially his comments on radio phone-in shows. Quite true in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    The title race is kind of still on. If we win all our remaining games, and Man Utd drop points against Chelsea, we win. But I sort of hope we don't. It will just paper over the cracks and encourage Arsene, that what he is doing is right, and will discourage him from making big signings in the window.

I agree with everything Fabregas said, and would not begrudge him a move away from the Emirates. Although, I can't see him going to Barcelona yet (where would he play?), and I wouldn't rule out a move to Real Madrid or even Inter.

Next year, with a world class goalkeeper (Sczcesny is good, but he is one for the future; a Van Der Sar type would be good for a couple of years), a top centre half to play alongside Vermaelen, a holding midfielder (Song's alright, but would he get into Chelsea, United or even Spurs' side?) and a 25-30 goal a season striker, we could mount a serious title challenge. The so called 'mass clearout' that the papers are talking about would be good as well. I wouldn't be sorry to see Denilson, Bendtner, Almunia, Rosicky, Squillaci and co. leave. I didn't mention Eboue because, if I'm honest, I'd miss his touchline dances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grumpig)
    The title race is kind of still on. If we win all our remaining games, and Man Utd drop points against Chelsea, we win. But I sort of hope we don't. It will just paper over the cracks and encourage Arsene, that what he is doing is right, and will discourage him from making big signings in the window.

I agree with everything Fabregas said, and would not begrudge him a move away from the Emirates. Although, I can't see him going to Barcelona yet (where would he play?), and I wouldn't rule out a move to Real Madrid or even Inter.

Next year, with a world class goalkeeper (Sczcesny is good, but he is one for the future; a Van Der Sar type would be good for a couple of years), a top centre half to play alongside Vermaelen, a holding midfielder (Song's alright, but would he get into Chelsea, United or even Spurs' side?) and a 25-30 goal a season striker, we could mount a serious title challenge. The so called 'mass clearout' that the papers are talking about would be good as well. I wouldn't be sorry to see Denilson, Bendtner, Almunia, Rosicky, Squillaci and co. leave. I didn't mention Eboue because, if I'm honest, I'd miss his touchline dances
    Hey, if Arsene can win us the title with this management, I won't be complaining. Cesc would never move to Real Madrid. I don't see why Sczseny can't be no.1 now, he's good enough. Song is very good imo and would start for Chelsea, Man U or Spurs imo (he's better than Mikel, Sandro and Man U don't have a defensive midfielder really, so Song would probably start sometimes for them).

ReputationRep:
    x
    Just read back, sorry to hear it bro :sad: It's a sad way to get injured, especially for active sport players.

hope you get well soon..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    A win tonight would be great, hopefully Kick Spurs out of Europe next season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grumpig)
    The title race is kind of still on. If we win all our remaining games, )
    we couldn't win a raffle at the moment mate

ReputationRep:
    Screw the league. I just want to rape Spuds at their home

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Guys.

Come summer, you're in Wenger's position.

His budget is £30m.

Who would you get rid of?

Who would you bring in?

What would your starting 11 be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    Ok. Guys.

Come summer, you're in Wenger's position.

His budget is £30m.

Who would you get rid of?

Who would you bring in?

What would your starting 11 be?
    Is that £30m before transfer market activity? If so sell Bendtner, Squillaci, Rosicky, Denilson. Should probably get £20m+ total for all those giving you £50m.

Prolific Striker
    CB
    Backup DM
    (possibly a backup GK and an AM like Hazard)

Can't think of any names atm but will update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Is that £30m before transfer market activity? If so sell Bendtner, Squillaci, Rosicky, Denilson. Should probably get £20m+ total for all those giving you £50m.

Prolific Striker
    CB
    Backup DM
    (possibly a backup GK and an AM like Hazard)

Can't think of any names atm but will update.
    I don't know whether the £30m is realistic. I assumed it is.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why. But after the defeat in the Carling Cup final I lost almost all interest in Arsenal. Sure, I watched the matches, however I felt depressed watching us fail and my support was lacklustre. But, for the first time in weeks, I'm really feeling the anticipation today. COME ON ARSENAL!

ReputationRep:
    Out: Squillaci, Denilson, Rosicky, Bendtner/Vela, (Clichy if he decides not to extend his contract).

In: Arne Friedrich (Wolfsburg look like they're going down, we could get him for a steal I think), Frimpong will hopefully come in to provide backup for Song, and Hazard or Neymar for the attack. Either Baines or Coentrao to replace Clichy if he does go. Probably need another striker as well but I can't really think of any.

Not sure how much that would cost.

How good is JET?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.