Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2013-2014) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I failed my Geography mock and got a D(34/60) but I got an A in Physics(68/70),Further Maths(73/75) and Maths(75/75)-all marks are in raw marks.
    that's qt ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Long time no see aha.......in life news i was 2 marks off a b in my history mock and i am pissed.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else doing coursework on the importance of being earnest? i'm currently struggling through it

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just got my AS results few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions
    Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)
    I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
    sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices

ReputationRep:
    sigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamsonMah)
    Hey guys, I just got my AS results few days ago... I took Physics, Bio, chem and maths and I gotten a really bad results which are C, C, D, and E (respectively)... I know it's my own fault, for I had been really last minute and lazy, i did not practice hard enough and was abit slow upon finishing the questions
    Now I feel really depressed and I dunno what to do, I still havent gotten the courage to tell my parent about it, I know the best option is to retake, but it cost 400 per subject in my country, which is quite expensive for my parent. (although it's still affordable for them, i feel ashamed about the fact I wasted their money)
    I just wanna ask for opinions what should i do now, should I drop out? and attempt other easier course? or should I just work really really hard in A2 to balance my results, (I just hope I can enter Uni, but is it possible since my i got an E in maths?)
    sorry for the long message, i just hope someone out there who understands my struggle able to give me some advices
    I'm assuming that these are real exams? I would try and retake if possible - you seem very bright and capable of achieving good grades. However you have got to apply yourself and do the revision/exam technique. (Exam technique seems to be your biggest concern)

ReputationRep:
    Wow, haven't been here in a while xD
    Hey everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swag hatter)
    Wow, haven't been here in a while xD
    Hey everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heeeeeeey :lol:

How are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacey368)
    I'm assuming that these are real exams? I would try and retake if possible - you seem very bright and capable of achieving good grades. However you have got to apply yourself and do the revision/exam technique. (Exam technique seems to be your biggest concern)

Yeah, It's A levels first essential exams (AS) Bright? Maybe? when I was young till lower secondary, I was able to score full A during those really essential exams
    However upon coming to college and doing A levels, I constantly get really bad results like C, D, E and even U~ I am not sure whether should i continue in Sciences.
    I guess the main problem is for me to work hard i guess, thanks for the advices~

ReputationRep:
    By the way, Do u think I should go straight up to my parent and tell them what i got ? or wait till they find out ?

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone, how are we spending today?

I also have tomorrow off so once I type a letter up, im spending my rare free time on Battlefield 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)

I also have tomorrow off so once I type a letter up, im spending my rare free time on Battlefield 4
    Biology essays.
    French homework.
    Chemistry homework and maybe some Olympiad practise.

Watch 'The Intouchables' hopefully as well as casualty :mmm:

Oh and EAT!

ReputationRep:

Lying down, nursing my throat ulcers or whatever they are, and hoping I will be able to speak before our presentation coursework tomorrow :lol:

Also I still have to complete the lines and powerpoint for it

ReputationRep:

History revision EPQ and photography coursework me thinks - PHOTOGRAPHY COURSEWORK IS IN FOR THE 31st of January :O #asdfjkl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abarbs)
    That's soo cool I've always wanted to do that but I've settled for walking Hadrian's Wall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know I'm sooo excited!!! What charity are you doing that for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamsonMah)
    By the way, Do u think I should go straight up to my parent and tell them what i got ? or wait till they find out ?
    Tell them straight up. The consequences will be much worse if they have to wait to fin out.

ReputationRep:

Hey! I worked 9-5 today and had mocks last week so I have taken this weekend off of homework. I have one piece and a double free first thing tomorrow so will do it then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    I know I'm sooo excited!!! What charity are you doing that for?
    I'm not entirely certain yet but probably a local special school which is under a lot of pressure at the moment how about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abarbs)
    I'm not entirely certain yet but probably a local special school which is under a lot of pressure at the moment how about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awhhh that's so nice Mine's for NICFC - Northern Ireland Cancer Fund for Children

ReputationRep:
    The year 13's are beating us! :O
    They have three threads and we still have one :mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.