Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    So do I need to make a student account now or what?
    Bank account?

I'm pretty sure that has to wait until after you have your results and a confirmed uni place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Bank account?

I'm pretty sure that has to wait until after you have your results and a confirmed uni place
    Alright thanks, so when student finance is asking for bank details I can change it to a different account later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Anyone here have Trivia Crack? It's going around my school and I've succumbed :indiff:
    Is that an app?

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks, so when student finance is asking for bank details I can change it to a different account later?
    Yup! I just skipped that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Is that an app?
    Yup

Yeah it's just another extra thing to do though.

Can I just get one of my teachers to countersign the form?
    I had to do something similar for my British citizenship application, you should be able to get your teacher do it but do check for any intricacies in the application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Yup! I just skipped that
    Cheers
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yup

I had to do something similar for my British citizenship application, you should be able to get your teacher do it but do check for any intricacies in the application.
    I really can't be arsed to do this:lol:. I tried to sign my parents up and do all their stuff but they already have accounts apparently from when my sister did it so they need to ring up student finance tomorrow and reset their passwords. It would be so much simpler to print off a form, fill it in and post it.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

I really can't be arsed to do this:lol:. I tried to sign my parents up and do all their stuff but they already have accounts apparently from when my sister did it so they need to ring up student finance tomorrow and reset their passwords. It would be so much simpler to print off a form, fill it in and post it.
    Ceeb for paperwork too man. I bet I'll forget to fill in a form in block capitals at least once :lol:

ReputationRep:
    My job interview is on Thursday and I have no ****ing idea what to do :lol: help!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's just another extra thing to do though.

Can I just get one of my teachers to countersign the form?
    I think so yep . I know librarians can do it as well. I got a family friend to do mine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My job interview is on Thursday and I have no ****ing idea what to do :lol: help!
    J read up on what they do, and have ideas about their work. What you enjoy about it, why you think you'd be suited to the job and environment they work in. Any future plans related to it you may have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    J read up on what they do, and have ideas about their work. What you enjoy about it, why you think you'd be suited to the job and environment they work in. Any future plans related to it you may have
    Yeah, I know really, I'm just nervous Great thing about the Year in Industry scheme: interview/CV workshop + practice interview at the induction event! It was really helpful stuff.

The thing about these company websites is that they're all designed to sell the company to investors/clients, not tell applicants what the company wants. It's all corporate gibberish :lol:

No but it's fine really. Thanks though

EDIT: Oh! Technically this is a scholarship so I don't know what the hell they want tbh. I honestly don't even know what the job is.

ReputationRep:
    Singing exam Sunday. ..... D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Singing exam Sunday. ..... D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What'll that entail?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know really, I'm just nervous Great thing about the Year in Industry scheme: interview/CV workshop + practice interview at the induction event! It was really helpful stuff.

The thing about these company websites is that they're all designed to sell the company to investors/clients, not tell applicants what the company wants. It's all corporate gibberish :lol:

No but it's fine really. Thanks though

EDIT: Oh! Technically this is a scholarship so I don't know what the hell they want tbh. I honestly don't even know what the job is.
    Ah that's good then, the prep. Just be yourself then :lol: and be enthusiastic

Learn the gibberish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Ah that's good then, the prep. Just be yourself then :lol: and be enthusiastic

Learn the gibberish
    My anti-corporate psyche won't let me!!!

If I get the placement I get like a mentor and training and stuff.

It's £16000/annum!

EDIT: OH **** and free lunch and refreshments! **** me I really should have read this job description before now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What'll that entail?
    So basically I'm performing four pieces (its musical theatre so it's essentially performances as you'd see in a musical) and I have to establish a link between them all in my intro, and when introducing the pieces themselves I reel off a bit about the composers & librettists etc, and I have to talk about how my link is conveyed in the mood, tempo, note variation etc. As soon as a piece is over I need to keep talkin ie introduce my next piece whilst I am changing costume and setting my props up, so that part will probably be around 40 mins from start to finish
    After that I have to do a sight reading which I get fifteen mins to learn, then I have a theory discussion where the examiner will ask things like "when you sing that top A note in so and so piece describe to me how you use your falsetto via your vocal chambers and how this resonates the sound differently"
    Then that's it dreading it tbh haha but this is my diploma so when I've passed I can teach

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can almost see numbers in modulus argument form instantly from looking at them now, I feel like a boss/nerd :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    So basically I'm performing four pieces (its musical theatre so it's essentially performances as you'd see in a musical) and I have to establish a link between them all in my intro, and when introducing the pieces themselves I reel off a bit about the composers & librettists etc, and I have to talk about how my link is conveyed in the mood, tempo, note variation etc. As soon as a piece is over I need to keep talkin ie introduce my next piece whilst I am changing costume and setting my props up, so that part will probably be around 40 mins from start to finish
    After that I have to do a sight reading which I get fifteen mins to learn, then I have a theory discussion where the examiner will ask things like "when you sing that top A note in so and so piece describe to me how you use your falsetto via your vocal chambers and how this resonates the sound differently"
    Then that's it dreading it tbh haha but this is my diploma so when I've passed I can teach

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh cool you get to teach?

That all sounds pretty neat as far as tests go, though I don't have to do it so that probably helps

Did you have to learn to identify notes by ear?

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I could turn off the Latest Discussions widget on the homepage :facepalm2: So much more peaceful...

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool you get to teach?

That all sounds pretty neat as far as tests go, though I don't have to do it so that probably helps

Did you have to learn to identify notes by ear?
    Yeahhh I'll be fully qualified if I pass on Sunday :-)
    It is usually good fun but can be nerve wracking if the examiner is nasty or you forget a lyric or something
    Kinda; for my sight reading when I have 15 mins I do get to borrow the pianist to note bash, but I think I could do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.