Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Brotherhood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFTypoCorrector)
    Hence I said in Europe...

They finished 3rd anyway, which was about average with their squad.
    Form bud.

They were at the top of their league at the time, unbeaten (I think) - and if I'm wrong they had a really hot record coming in to the game.

They were expected to win that game with ease tbh.

Also they fished third in a group with us & BVB.. where we all had 12 points.

Obviously Bayern are a better team than they were, but if our performance is as good as it was that day there's no reason why we can't win

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lewy would have something to say about that.

1-3 my prediction.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it would be just as much of an accomplishment keeping Lewy out as it would getting a result.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't score this weekend.

Even more motivated now.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of you are misunderstanding what result us fans are anticipating here.

We are expecting a loss against a Bayern team who are near unstoppable. It doesn't even seem like Wenger will field a strong side given his team line up vs Watford on Saturday.

The only bit of optimism we have is if the players turn up & we put in a complete performance, like we did vs Napoli, United, City away etc..

We're not even anticipating us qualifying ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    He didn't score this weekend.

Even more motivated now.
    He might not even start tbh. It isn't exactly a must win game for Bayern, and he picked up a knock over the weekend right?

Also, Robben is too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be a big test for Bellerin too, guessing Costa will play.

Don't really rate your chances but an early exit will probably be a blessing. You don't stand a chance of winning the competition and the chance of a league title is realistic this year if you can be left to focus on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    He might not even start tbh. It isn't exactly a must win game for Bayern, and he picked up a knock over the weekend right?

Also, Robben is too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess Pep will probably start him to keep his morale up. Been on such a hot streak that it'd be worse if he was dropped and then his form faded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Brotherhood.
    Inb4 a racist Islamophobic Zurich response... He probably hates Mesut now

I expect a point tbh, no reason if we don't turn up we are get a decent result

ReputationRep:
    Really excited to see you guys vs Bayern on Tuesday!
    You're really gonna be going for it - I don't think it's a "must win" game since I believe you can still get through with losses to Bayern (depending on other results), however anything you do pick up is a huge bonus.

You're in scarily good form so if there's any time to play arguably the best team in the world, it's now

ReputationRep:
    What worked against Watford and United won't against bayern, they're currently tossing about any of their opposition like pancakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    What worked against Watford and United won't against bayern, they're currently tossing about any of their opposition like pancakes
    That's because they're so overpoweringly amazing in every position on the field.
    The worst thing about it all is that if you manage to get past the best defence in the world, you come up against by far the best goalkeeper in the world. Quite frankly it's ridiculous....

And even if you score, when they have Muller and Lewandowski leading their line, it's not like you're keeping a clean sheet.

Don't downplay Arsenal though. It would be unfair to expect anything from you but you have more than enough talent to do something special.

ReputationRep:
    we have a better team than bayern. gay gooners gonna leave guardiola with his pants down

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting till 10pm on Tuesday when I can quote all this...

ReputationRep:
    Bayern will demolish us and I couldn't care less quite frankly

ReputationRep:
    Bayern are the footballing version of the All Blacks. Just so f*cking good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Just waiting till 10pm on Tuesday when I can quote all this...
    I don't feel like mocking them for losing to Bayern holds much weight.

That would be like mocking a casual footballer for being left in the dust by Messi...

ReputationRep:
    I'll be mocking the ones who think they can avoid defeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    I'll be mocking the ones who think they can avoid defeat.
    Avoid defeat at home? Highly unlikely but not impossible.

Win at home? No chance.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.