Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People who carry out political violence should receive 10-year bans from voting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Does the violence against Eagle not say something about Momentum?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We don't even know who it is. I'll be very surprised if it's a Momentum member.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Other than false flag, who else would it be conceivable to have been?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Other than false flag, who else would it be conceivable to have been?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most likely some random nutter who's decided he doesn't like her. Or a Tory who doesn't want Corbyn gone. Just let the police investigate before we leap to conclusions.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Most likely some random nutter who's decided he doesn't like her. Or a Tory who doesn't want Corbyn gone. Just let the police investigate before we leap to conclusions.
    Because some random butter would just happen to have done it then and Tories really have a form of violence which the left does not (!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Here is a game of spot the difference, Theresa May has lost no time trying to emulate Margaret Thatcher with the dress, stance, wave, and handbag being similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Here is a game for us all: spot the difference.

Thatcher had just won an election.

ReputationRep:
    Thatcher had just won an election.
    The Tories had just won an election. Thatcher was merely taking her place at number 10 as leader of the party. May is doing the same.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever it is it is unacceptable and should be condemned.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    May has been good for the pound, up about 3 cent, over 2pc, with the gains starting at about 3am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Whoever it is it is unacceptable and should be condemned.
    Should be, and has been. No reason to use it as some are to make a political point though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Should be, and has been. No reason to use it as some are to make a political point though.
    And when we're shown right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    there is an odd resemblence of momentum's cult of personality for Corbyn (evidenced by the fact angela eagle doesn't even want to take the party to the right) and the cult of personality for Mao.

is there some inherent phycological need for a father figure on the left? I've said it before and I'll say it again; Freud had a point.

ReputationRep:
    And when we're shown right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it turns out to be a Momentum or Labour member, I expect they will be removed from the group/party immidiately.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If it turns out to be a Momentum or Labour member, I expect they will be removed from the group/party immidiately.
    Except they won't, and we publicly won't hear it anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by banterboy)
    there is an odd resemblence of momentum's cult of personality for Corbyn (evidenced by the fact angela eagle doesn't even want to take the party to the right) and the cult of personality for Mao.

is there some inherent phycological need for a father figure on the left? I've said it before and I'll say it again; Freud had a point.
    Ummmm Farage???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummmm Farage???
    decent counter example except ukip are preying on left wing votes.

Also, if you dont know members of momentum (my mums ones god help me) you dont understand the level of obsession
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by banterboy)
    decent counter example except ukip are preying on left wing votes.

Also, if you dont know members of momentum (my mums ones god help me) you dont understand the level of obsession
    I wouldn't be surprised if Aph is momentum and just doesn't realise how bad it is in his delusion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    May?! :eek: Someone wants the women's vote…

ReputationRep:
    if may werent at number 10 it would be funny how much angela would be spouting the "we need a woman in power" bs

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.