?
Report 6 years ago
Le Guen? Really?
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is there an Olympic football thread anywhere?
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Not that I know of. ....
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
Not that I know of. ....
Who would you tip to win it?

Realistically the two main contenders are Spain and Brazil but Uruguay and, to a lesser extent, England could cause an upset.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Who would you tip to win it?

Realistically the two main contenders are Spain and Brazil but Uruguay and, to a lesser extent, England could cause an upset.
Brazil - they have no expectations on their shoulders. Spain's squad have a burden, I think they'll fold under it.

UK - not good enough. Badly chosen overage players, why is Bellamy there?

Brazil or Spain for me.

I know there's an England biased thread, but please do start a general one if you feel fit.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Brazil - they have no expectations on their shoulders. Spain's squad have a burden, I think they'll fold under it.

UK - not good enough. Badly chosen overage players, why is Bellamy there?

Brazil or Spain for me.

I know there's an England biased thread, but please do start a general one if you feel fit.
What do you think about Uruguay for an upset? Cavani and Suarez will be a handfull for anyone. :beard:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
What do you think about Uruguay for an upset? Cavani and Suarez will be a handfull for anyone. :beard:
I'd put them as outsiders.

Its just that Spain's, and Brazil's, squads have 'grown together' whereas I can't say the same of Uruguay's, mainly due to ignorance.

And I don't know the ins and outs of the draw, its effect on each team.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)

Not that I know of. ....
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1865952

bluenose14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lucio is having a medical for Juve.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-Juventus-move
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bit old isn't he?
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Perfect for Italian football then.
Straight up G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
De Gea
Azpilicueta - Botia - Dominguez - Alba
J.Martinez
Herrera - - - - Thiago
Mata - - - - - - - - Muniain
Adrian

And we may have to play that..

Can't say I've heard of any of the back four except Alba, but won't Martin Montoya of Barca get a game? Surely he must be in the age group/squad.
TheInvincibles14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Inter have reached an agreement with Udinese over the transfer of Samir Handanovic. Great deal for them and surely this means they are going to rid of another big earner in Julio Cesar.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)
Can't say I've heard of any of the back four except Alba, but won't Martin Montoya of Barca get a game? Surely he must be in the age group/squad.
Probably not, Azpilicueta is a very good RB already.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)
Botia and dominguez, botia was a product of barca's youth squad and was mentioned as a possible replacement for puyol, I think he plays for sporting, dominguez was the main defender for the U21's success and plays for atletico madrid.

Azpilcueta is quality, plays for marseille and I think he is their first choice right back, surely a better option than montoya who doesn't get many games for barcas main squad.
DH1'
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
Inter have reached an agreement with Udinese over the transfer of Samir Handanovic. Great deal for them and surely this means they are going to rid of another big earner in Julio Cesar.
Yeah, they seem to want to get the wage bill right down. Maicon on the way out too and i think Forlan has left/is leaving?

It will be interesting to see who out of Inter/Newcastle get Debuchy.
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Christ. Udinese are being ripped apart.
boumavilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Another Eredivisie update for those interested...

Mounir El Hamdaoui might finally be joining Fiorentina from Ajax. Last time that was attempted the deal fell through at the last minute. But Ajax must be sick of him right now (De Boer especially) after letting this situation drag out for so long.
Feijenoord have replaced El Ahmadi (after his transfer to Aston Villa) with Harmeet Singh of Vålengra.
Luuk De Jong might not be on his way to Newcastle because Borrusia Dortmund are going to renegotiate with him.
Heerenveen's Luciano Narsingh might now be going to PSV after already being linked with Fulham, Ajax and Germany.
AZ have lost two decent players this week. Charlison Benschop has gone to Stade Rennais of France whilst their versatile defender Robert Klavan has left to join Augsburg of Germany.
Jan Verthongen still hasn't left Ajax for Tottenham, not sure about the situation for this, but Verthongen still insists he wants to leave yet he has still reported for training.
DH1'
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
USA international Michael Bradley signs for Roma
boumavilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DH1')
USA international Michael Bradley signs for Roma
WOW! He was never that great at Villa (when he played). That's a step-up for him!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed