Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Out: Same as Above (squillaci,denilson,rosicky,bend tner/vela/clichy).

In: I would like to marcelo in as a replacement for clichy however i think he is favourable to Mourinho. Gibbs is decent anyway. Mertersacker? Reina/Neuer...These are more hopeful than what i think will happen :P.

As for tonight i think i sense a wondergoal whatever the score is, it's been a while since we have seen one like the van persie volley agains't charlton.

ReputationRep:
    There'll be very little movement at Arsenal this summer, and you don't stand a chance of getting Hazard or Neymar, unless Cesc leaves, but that would only ensure the money is there - self sustainability is the in thing at Arsenal.

Rosicky could leave, and possibly Vela, but Wenger won't sell one of his kids so Bendtner and Denilson won't be going anywhere. Arsene won't sell Squid after one season, look at Silvestre.....

If Clichy does go Gibbs will replace him, there'll be no established left back brought in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    I don't know whether the £30m is realistic. I assumed it is.
    couldn't get all that for 30. I think we need to spend 15 on a centre back. Hazard would cost more than 15, a prolific striker would..keeper would be a bit. For all of what you listed i would think more like £60m. Hopefully Wenger feels like spending this season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Out: Squillaci, Denilson, Rosicky, Bendtner/Vela, (Clichy if he decides not to extend his contract).

In: Arne Friedrich (Wolfsburg look like they're going down, we could get him for a steal I think), Frimpong will hopefully come in to provide backup for Song, and Hazard or Neymar for the attack. Either Baines or Coentrao to replace Clichy if he does go. Probably need another striker as well but I can't really think of any.

Not sure how much that would cost.

How good is JET?
    Personally I think JET is a taller version of Taarabt - he is undoubtedly talented and could be excellent but I don't think he currently has the right attitude to make it at the top level.

Looking forward to see how Lansbury has developed when he comes back - he could well get a look in ahead of Vela given his performances for Norwich this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    I have no idea why. But after the defeat in the Carling Cup final I lost almost all interest in Arsenal. Sure, I watched the matches, however I felt depressed watching us fail and my support was lacklustre. But, for the first time in weeks, I'm really feeling the anticipation today. COME ON ARSENAL!
    Yeah I sorta know what you mean. After not intentionally I just couldn't get as excited and well against Liverpool I just sat bored for the last 45 mins and when we scored I didn't even care tbh I just knew it wouldn't matter. Terrible I know

On transfers, out as mentioned. A real goal poacher and another DM and a CB. The CB will not have to be world class just a 4th choice who can actually do what is required.

I really want us to buy Eden Hazard. He wanted to come to us and I would like to see him and Nasri on the wings with Walcott as our poacher. Those two on the wings :drool:
    I think Walcott would be an amazing poacher. Whether he can do it next year well I think so. Him playing on the last defender would just be a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    There'll be very little movement at Arsenal this summer, and you don't stand a chance of getting Hazard or Neymar, unless Cesc leaves, but that would only ensure the money is there - self sustainability is the in thing at Arsenal.

Rosicky could leave, and possibly Vela, but Wenger won't sell one of his kids so Bendtner and Denilson won't be going anywhere. Arsene won't sell Squid after one season, look at Silvestre.....

If Clichy does go Gibbs will replace him, there'll be no established left back brought in.
    You speak with lots of authority but do you have any evidence for this? The rumours going around is that there will be a few substantial changes this year to wenger's policy.

Also Clichy said he wasn't going.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I've said before that Hazard is over-rated, and I'll stand by it.

I think it's far more likely that we'll splash out ~£8m on Vrsaljko in the summer or spend ~£2m on Spahic.

As for up-front I was about to suggest Mputu, but i've just noticed he's banned from football for another 4 months for assaulting an official.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    You speak with lots of authority but do you have any evidence for this? The rumours going around is that there will be a few substantial changes this year to wenger's policy.

Also Clichy said he wasn't going.
    Evidence? It's my take on things based on Wenger's past policies throughout his time at Arsenal. There will be no major movement, there never has been since Wenger took over, why would he start now?

People lie.

ReputationRep:
    Evidence? It's my take on things based on Wenger's past policies throughout his time at Arsenal. There will be no major movement, there never has been since Wenger took over, why would he start now?

People lie.
    i think you don't understand how much pressure there is on wenger.

Of course there was more movement when we were at highbury. good £10m players came in every season, the financial constraints have limited us for five years and now I think the pressure is at breaking point. I think he recognises that his plan has failed to a certain extent, and that things need to change, if you listen to a lot of his interviews that's certainly the impression I get.

ReputationRep:

Well, we did make quite a few signings last summer, just no big ones. I don't think we'll actually get the players I mentioned, I was just making suggestions for if we had £30m to spend.

ReputationRep:
    Why do all of you Arsenal fans want another CB? Djourou has been immense this season; definitely one of your players of the season. Plus you will TV back next season and a good back up in Koscielny. Squillaci is a good 4th CB for any team. If Wenger really doesnt like him then there is always Bartley for the 4th choice.

ReputationRep:
    We NEED another CB.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be very very suprised if you buy anyone for over the £15m bracket.

Which basically rules you out of any top quality Goalkeeper or striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoozo)
    Why do all of you Arsenal fans want another CB? Djourou has been immense this season; definitely one of your players of the season. Plus you will TV back next season and a good back up in Koscielny. Squillaci is a good 4th CB for any team. If Wenger really doesnt like him then there is always Bartley for the 4th choice.
    You forgot to mention that both Djourou and Verminator will be out for the whole of the next season

ReputationRep:
    Already buzzing. It's the electicity in the air before a North London Derby :excited:

As for transfers, I think we need a quality CB and a 'fox in the box' striker. I say that we'll get rid of Rosicky () and Denilson ().

ReputationRep:
    Out: Squillaci, Bendnter, Almunia, Denilson and Rosicky.
    In (what will probably happen): Ali Al Habsi (if Wenger opts to buy a keeper), A cheap CB and and an unknown young striker.
    In (what I would like to see): Manuel Neuer, Mats Hummels and Edison Cavani. This would be perfect, but doubt it will ever happen under Wenger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz864)
    In (what will probably happen): Ali Al Habsi (if Wenger opts to buy a keeper), A cheap CB and and an unknown young striker.
    In (what I would like to see): Manuel Neuer, Mats Hummels and Edison Cavani. This would be perfect, but doubt it will ever happen under Wenger!
    Buying Neuer would cause Sczesny to leave, Hummels is very good but having Verm, Djourou or him sitting in the bench is senseless, and the same goes for Cavani when RVP is fit.

ReputationRep:
    Been banned for one week, couldn't comment on the 'Pool game.

Deserved a draw really, we were gob****e. No players stepped up at all, everyone was rubbish. Anyone who blames the referee is a complete **** who should read up on footballing rules. Credit to Liverpool who played some solid defence that thwarted van Persie & co. Also, respect to Dalglish for telling Wenger something I'd love to say as well.

And Eboue. Well what did you expect if "Le Professeur" keeps his faith in him? What goes around comes around you AKB bois.

Must-win game tonight, nothing less than a win required to catch up on United. Don't really care about the opposition, it's a derby but the title should be the focus.

(Original post by haz864)
    It won't happen. Nothing will happen. Wenger will say that we nearly won the League Cup and the Premier League, and hence no improvements are needed. We are very mentally strong as well.

Fact.

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Personally I think JET is a taller version of Taarabt - he is undoubtedly talented and could be excellent but I don't think he currently has the right attitude to make it at the top level.

Looking forward to see how Lansbury has developed when he comes back - he could well get a look in ahead of Vela given his performances for Norwich this season.
    Well, Vela's been relatively impressive with WBA. He's scored 2 or 3 for them coming off the bench I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Buying Neuer would cause Sczesny to leave, Hummels is very good but having Verm, Djourou or him sitting in the bench is senseless, and the same goes for Cavani when RVP is fit.
    But Hummels is better than Vermealen and Djourou, in my opinion anyway, also we can't rely on RvP being fit always (and Chamakh is not good enough), just when we think he is going to be fine he gets injured. I do agree with you on Sczesny, but we really need expereince in goal. In the past teams that have won this league have had keepers much older than the age of 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keira)
    i think you don't understand how much pressure there is on wenger.

Of course there was more movement when we were at highbury. good £10m players came in every season, the financial constraints have limited us for five years and now I think the pressure is at breaking point. I think he recognises that his plan has failed to a certain extent, and that things need to change, if you listen to a lot of his interviews that's certainly the impression I get.
    Pressure? How exactly is he under pressure when he can come out and say second place is an achievement? Then you have Gazidis saying things like 'winning isn't everything'.....

There was never any major movement, is my point. There's simply no way there'll be an overhaul of your squad - there's little money and Kroenke has said Arsenal will self-sustaining.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.