This discussion is part of a series.
view next
Undisclosed 15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
So because it wasn't a penalty he should have missed?

But if Messi took it then. "What a penalty".

End of the day he's got 8 goals in 2 games. No one cares how the goals went in, he's already top scorer.
No one ever says what a penalty when Messi scores a penalty.

If we are using the goals to determine his ability of course we should care how they went in. It's no exaggeration to say that all of us here would score that hat-trick, hence it isn't an achievement at all. Tbh I wish the 3rd was a penalty as well. Would have been fitting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Undisclosed 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Interesting stat: Raul's Liga goals earned Madrid 54 points more than Ronaldo's. That's the differencebetween 6 titles and 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What a goal for Hulk's second at Valencia tonight. They'll be seriously disappointed surrendering a point after fighting back to draw level from being 2-0 down to two exceptional Hulk strikes.

Zenit don't seem to be fazed by AVB's announcement that he'd be departing. Fair play to them. Valencia need to do better for sure, though. They backed off Hulk for the second, and they didn't learn their lesson when Witsel bagged what turned out to be the winner.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Undisclosed 15)
Interesting stat: Raul's Liga goals earned Madrid 54 points more than Ronaldo's. That's the differencebetween 6 titles and 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or maybe that's the difference between having a team that is worse defensively than the other.

Or even better, the fact that Raul played at Real for 16 seasons and Ronaldo has played for just over 6 seasons so it is close to impossible to win 6 titles in a row against that Barcelona side.
Manchester United
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Undisclosed 15)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Read Jam's post and then please close your account down.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any word on Ramos and Bale's injuries? You'd think that Real were desperate to have them both fit in time to prepare for the meeting with Atletico on October 4.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jarjarmonkey)
You don't care it was against 2 horrendous teams?, and it doesn't annoy you that people think putting 8 past horrendous teams which shouldn't be playing Madrid, which Ronaldo fortunately got to play back to back, while being gifted free goals from the refs are more valuable than goals in a semi final against Bayern Munich to get to the final, and goals against Atletico Madrid to secure the league, and goals against Athletic Biblao to win the cup?

No all that matters is that at the end of the season Ronaldo racked up 20 goals in row against Granada, Shaktar, Espanyol and Malaga, and people like you get to claim at the end of the day he scored more so he is better?
Never once said in my comments he was better.

Ronaldo also scored against Bayern Munich (twice) to get them in to the final and also scored in the final.

Also scored the goal that won the CDR against Barca.

You can only score whats in front of you.

Pretty sure Ronaldo doesn't give a **** against who he scores. He's a goal scorer and will continue to do so. Only when he does it, its against 'horrendous teams'. LOL do you want him to play bad against them on purpose?
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ronaldo got no chill.

Next game is against Granada and I think he bagged 5 the last time around. Cant wait.
He will get a hatrick against them, probably another couple of penalties/ tap ins. Real have had a relatively comfortable start to the season because of the easy fixture list. They have played two of the promoted teams plus the team they normally pump 4/5 goals past every season and then a 10 man Shaktar team. They could be without Varane, James and Ramos. If Ramos, got injured because of that ridiculous dive in the box, that would be ironic.
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Losing Bale for a month isn't THAT bad on the whole. Kovacic will replace him I imagine while James is out injured. I'd prefer to see Isco in the center though. A central Hazard that lad.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bubzeh)
Losing Bale for a month isn't THAT bad on the whole. Kovacic will replace him I imagine while James is out injured. I'd prefer to see Isco in the center though. A central Hazard that lad.
It's just a shame because he's looked promising in the early parts of the season in that central role which Benitez is deploying him.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Interesting to see where Ronaldo does end up one he leaves Madrid.

Most likely bet would be MLS. But he's too good for that atm.
Manchester United
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Correa looks decent
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moyes could be sacked soon. A 3-2 loss to Espanyol. Besides signing Illaramendi back, not made massive moves in the window and not overly sure Moyes' coaching is getting through to the players, due to language difficulty. Even if he gets sacked, could easily come straight back into the PL to do a job.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Interesting to see where Ronaldo does end up one he leaves Madrid.

Most likely bet would be MLS. But he's too good for that atm.
Depends when he leaves really. I can see him being enamoured with the MLS, and he'll probably see it as a way to raise his profile.

If he stays at Real a couple of more years - which he will - I can see him doing a stint in somewhere like France with PSG, or perhaps even move back to Portugal or Man United briefly.
urz13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any thoughts on the Sevilla game today? Personally I think their 3-0 CL win was a false dawn after their poor start - Monchengladbach have been absolutely woeful so beating them through a couple of penalties and a keeper error isn't anything impressive. Celta meanwhile have been excellent to watch so far this season, I think they'll give Sevilla a run for their money and hold them to at least a score draw, perhaps even an away win.
urz13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also (this wasn't intended to be a self-promoting post), if any of you are interested I write betting advice for La Liga for a site. We're not like normal 'tipsters', we go into great depth in our research etc - feel free to check out my Sevilla vs Celta preview http://euroelite.co.uk/2015/09/la-li...und-in-vigo-2/

I've not long found this thread but isn't it great how Eibar have started this season as well? Even gave Atletico a tough game, just hope thy can keep it up as its great to see a little side doing well. I really like Gijion too - they're so difficult to beat and they'll frustrate a lot of sides this season.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moyes will be gone soon for sure.

Especially once the axe starts falling in the PL, and he's given a chance to return.

It's a tough call for Sociedad because they've played the weaker teams of the league and are yet to win, which doesn't bode well for them, considering they've got plenty of tough matches ahead and all of the big teams still to play.
ANippyWinger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Celta Vigo are a very good side to watch, their counter attacking football is fantastic. Nolito is in exceptional form.
There's still an hour to go but Sevilla have had a poor start to the season considering I expect them to challenge for the top 4.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's Aspas' presence in their side. He's world-class, lads.
tengentoppa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is it possible to overstate how crap Lucas Vazquez and Cheryshev are? Utterly worthless players. Lucas' only contribution was to pass back to Carvajal and Cheryshev lost the ball every time.

They should never play for Madrid again and the fact that Benitez did play them, combined with the crap performance, is very worrying.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.83%
No (498)
72.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed