Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The head to head against Chelsea killed us off, 4 points vs. 1. If we won both of those games we would be 1 point behind provided we won the game in hand. Says it all and it's why Chelsea deserve the title, if you can guarantee that you won't lose a head to head against the rest of the top 4 (or in Chelsea's case win all of them), then frankly, you're half way there provided you don't **** up against **** teams like they did last year.

If we lose to United then we'll have come bottom of the top 4 mini league AGAIN, **** progress, we beat a **** Liverpool team with their 2 best players injured and a **** City team who had their big player out. It's quite conceivable that we'll finish on the same or less points than last year, the only difference is the teams around us have become ****ter. Hell, we even lost to a ridiculously **** United team at HOME. Until we can at least match 3 out of the other top 5 in head to head (preferably beat at least 2 of them), then we'll never be champions, and we won't deserve to be.

Wengs needs to smarten up and take two draws vs. Chelsea, play counter attack football away to United and City then kill them at home. Also need to up the performances against the good clubs (i.e. 6-10) I'm sorry but not even beating Soton, Spurs, Stoke AND Swansea in head to head, dropping 12 points at least in the process is ****ing disgusting to say the least. Notice how we lost against all 4 away but beat them all (bar Swansea who we're yet to play) at home, it shows real lack of mental strength or ability to adjust to the way decent teams play like Chelsea do.

ReputationRep:
    Just to cement the fact that we're **** away from home to half decent sides, these are the stats from this year against the other teams in the top half:

With just United to play our record is:

P8 W1 D2 L5 GD -6

Chelsea- Lost
    United- yet to play
    City- Won
    Liverpool- Draw
    Spurs- Lost
    Soton- Lost
    Swansea- Lost
    Stoke- Lost
    Everton- Draw

Says it all really doesn't, the stats don't lie, away from home against decent opposition and we're still ****. At least there weren't any complete maulings like last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Just to cement the fact that we're **** away from home to half decent sides, these are the stats from this year against the other teams in the top half:

With just United to play our record is:

P8 W1 D2 L5 GD -6

Chelsea- Lost
    United- yet to play
    City- won
    Liverpool- draw
    Spurs- Lost
    Soton- Lost
    Swansea- Lost
    Stoke- Lost
    Everton- Lost

Says it all really doesn't, the stats don't lie, away from home against decent opposition and we're still ****. At least there weren't any complete maulings like last year

We drew to Everton 2-2, doesn't make it any better though

ReputationRep:
    Oh and from last season against the other top half away from home:

P9 W3 D1 L5 GD-16

Oh and we lost against every other team in the top 7 apart from Spurs, and 6 or our 7 loses were against top half teams away (5 of 7 against the top 7 away).

Soooo, basically, we're ****ing awful away against any decent team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We drew to Everton 2-2, doesn't make it any better though
    Yes, sorry, I didn't have it as a loss at the top, so the P8 bit is still right I think

ReputationRep:
    So, even though we didn't get raped against the top 4 away this season, we'll have got less points against the top half away even if we do beat United. Statistically we haven't improved at all, in fact, we've got worse

ReputationRep:
    So, even though we didn't get raped against the top 4 away this season, we'll have got less points against the top half away even if we do beat United. Statistically we haven't improved at all, in fact, we've got worse
    Most of your away games came when Arsenal were in **** form though? Everton away, Chelsea away and Liverpool away. Think you'll grab a win against United if Wenger can do what Martinez done.

Honestly, your team is looking real good, Genuinly think Arsenal will have decent shot at the title next season as long as Wenger signs a DM and striker and wraps your players in cotton wool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Most of your away games came when Arsenal were in **** form though? Everton away, Chelsea away and Liverpool away. Think you'll grab a win against United if Wenger can do what Martinez done.

Honestly, your team is looking real good, Genuinly think Arsenal will have decent shot at the title next season as long as Wenger signs a DM and striker and wraps your players in cotton wool.
    Maybe so but 2 years running such poor results isn't really due to us being in "**** form", it's due to us being ****. I mean, you could argue we've been in **** form, but I think the "**** form" is a RESULT of losing to decent teams, not a cause. Take last season, we'd won 8 drawn 1 (including beating you guys AND Dortmund the week before), before losing to United. Maybe down to fatigue from those 2 games but by no means in poor form. The 5-1 loss to you, we'd won 6 of our last 7 and undefeated in 8 in the league (8 wins undefeated in 10 in all comps) and we didn't have a midweek game so fatigue cannot be blamed. Injuries maybe, but poor form or fatigue certainly not. After that we collapsed quite spectacularly, but to say we were in poor form would be papering over the crack imo.

We may be able to **** over the bottom half, but when you're more likely to lose than win against any top half team when you play away is filthy (and is probably why we've done so well in the FA Cup in the last 2 years; no away games last season and only 1 away game to a top half team this time round).

ReputationRep:
    Oh and from last season against the other top half away from home:

P9 W3 D1 L5 GD-16

Oh and we lost against every other team in the top 7 apart from Spurs, and 6 or our 7 loses were against top half teams away (5 of 7 against the top 7 away).

Soooo, basically, we're ****ing awful away against any decent team
    So what you're saying is that Arsenal don't demolish decent teams in their own stadium?

Shocker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    So what you're saying is that Arsenal don't demolish decent teams in their own stadium?

Shocker.
    Are you honestly trying to justify a record of P17 W4 D3 L10 GD-22 in the last 2 seasons away to top half teams? Because if you are I'm extremely worried...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...r-assault.html

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ol

ReputationRep:
    The head to head against Chelsea killed us off, 4 points vs. 1. If we won both of those games we would be 1 point behind provided we won the game in hand. Says it all and it's why Chelsea deserve the title, if you can guarantee that you won't lose a head to head against the rest of the top 4 (or in Chelsea's case win all of them), then frankly, you're half way there provided you don't **** up against **** teams like they did last year.

If we lose to United then we'll have come bottom of the top 4 mini league AGAIN, **** progress, we beat a **** Liverpool team with their 2 best players injured and a **** City team who had their big player out. It's quite conceivable that we'll finish on the same or less points than last year, the only difference is the teams around us have become ****ter. Hell, we even lost to a ridiculously **** United team at HOME. Until we can at least match 3 out of the other top 5 in head to head (preferably beat at least 2 of them), then we'll never be champions, and we won't deserve to be.

Wengs needs to smarten up and take two draws vs. Chelsea, play counter attack football away to United and City then kill them at home. Also need to up the performances against the good clubs (i.e. 6-10) I'm sorry but not even beating Soton, Spurs, Stoke AND Swansea in head to head, dropping 12 points at least in the process is ****ing disgusting to say the least. Notice how we lost against all 4 away but beat them all (bar Swansea who we're yet to play) at home, it shows real lack of mental strength or ability to adjust to the way decent teams play like Chelsea do.
    So was the game against Arsenal a formality or not then Daniel? It was always going to be a bore draw or a Chelsea win.

ReputationRep:
    Also it's between Chelsea, Chelsea and possibly United for the title next season.

I can see United buying top quality players in the summer which if they click can challenge well but they'll fall short due to the adaptation period like Chelsea in 13/14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Also it's between Chelsea, Chelsea and possibly United for the title next season.

I can see United buying top quality players in the summer which if they click can challenge well but they'll fall short due to the adaptation period like Chelsea in 13/14.
    Bro you been on that strong stuff ain't you?

Revising after gym is impossible man. I feel dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    Bro you been on that strong stuff ain't you?

Revising after gym is impossible man. I feel dead.
    Looool that looks like some good chronic.

Yeah I know that feeling man. I miss uni so much ffs. Oh well payday soon.

ReputationRep:

hmm, I dont see liverpool managing well next season, or city - considering how much they need to re-build.

For me its between chelsea, united and arsenal..

But really I cant see either united or arsenal having quite enough quality to push for a whole season..

So chelsea it is.. I would guess

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho says PL is not like Germany with bayern or Scotland with celtic,

While conveniently forgetting that he is the only manager apart from Fergie to retain a premier league title

ReputationRep:
    Next season will be very interesting. I can definitely see you guys challenging with the right signings.

ReputationRep:

Don't think we can make predictions yet this year with potential transfer bans looming that can change entire dynamics.

ReputationRep:
    arrogance beside I think there is no way that Chelsea can retain the title. There have been too many faults in our team this half of the season and we need about 150M to win the title which we can't afford.

Arsenal arguably have a stronger squad, hence why they dominated us and United are on the way to have a strongers squad, as they unlike us will completely inflate the transfer market by spending nearly 350M in 2 seasons. In fact if they don't win the title next season with the amount of money they have spent and will continue to spend Van Gaal should be sacked. It will be nothing short of pathetic in all honesty.

Liverpool also have a very young team, with another striker to work in tandem with Sturridge when he's out and a central midfielder better than Lucas they will do serious damage. Look at the difference between Chelsea with Torres and Chelsea with Costa, that is the same difference as Liverpool with Balotelli and Liverpool with Sturridge.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.