Report 4 years ago
11406890_708122715976308_3997092701399370946_n.jpg
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
I don't believe in a flat rate, but I wouldn't want to be in the position that some are in where they put more in taxes than they do into their pockets. I don't see why the state should have such a say in the way people spend their money. I don't like the flat rate, but those earning hundreds of thousands shouldn't be paying more than 40%.
40% total or 40% of their earnings above £150,000?

Seriously you should join the Liberals then I can solve all 17 problems my government has.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ffs
My normal bar has a closed event tonight and the backup has last orders at 2230

I HAVE THREE DAYS WITH OF DRINKING TO DO, THAT'S ABOUT 20 PINTS.

BARMAN, MORE DRINKS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Anyone see the tennis earlier? It was OMG
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:facepalm:
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, of anybody is at a uni with a polo team that pays at nationals next year, you should go, even just socially, really good fun (even of a tad cold at night)

Posted from TSR Mobile
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
40% total or 40% of their earnings above £150,000?

Seriously you should join the Liberals then I can solve all 17 problems my government has.
Earnings above £150,000.

But no, I like the parties I'm in. I'm a RL green member, so when I am leader I'll probably be able to take them to a more "sensible" position but I wont be joining the liberals.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Anyone see the tennis earlier? It was OMG
It was indeed. I'd never been a big tennis fan until this weekend.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Earnings above £150,000.

But no, I like the parties I'm in. I'm a RL green member, so when I am leader I'll probably be able to take them to a more "sensible" position but I wont be joining the liberals.
As a secret journalist for Ad HoC I'm now going to plaster that quote all over the media with the word 'when' circled in red. The headline will be: "Green Party Coup Imminent"
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
As a secret journalist for Ad HoC I'm now going to plaster that quote all over the media with the word 'when' circled in red. The headline will be: "Green Party Coup Imminent"
Hahaha, I just got to stick to the goal. I Can't do much worse than Natalie Bennett now, could I?
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone coming to the meet on Sunday? If so, where are we meeting?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone coming to the meet on Sunday? If so, where are we meeting?
Just realised I can't make it if it's on the Sunday. Great-Grandad's 90th. Knew there was something else on the 21st!
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Just realised I can't make it if it's on the Sunday. Great-Grandad's 90th. Knew there was something else on the 21st!
Oh well. So how many people are even coming now? If it's gonna be like five of us and I'm the only working class one there then I don't know if I wanna go.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh well. So how many people are even coming now? If it's gonna be like five of us and I'm the only working class one there then I don't know if I wanna go.
Ouch, I'm not... Enjoy
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Ouch, I'm not... Enjoy
Sorry, I don't mean to be classist here, it's just the fact that Jammy Duel mentioned Polo earlier, the only polos I know are the mints, and I don't wanna be spending £5 a pint in some pub in London with some people I don't really know, talking about things in which I don't have a clue about. If there's 10 people or more going though, then I'd be more than happy to go.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Why? It's a perfectly valid belief, "it's okay to kill a bad person" - is this your view?
He didn't say people, he merely said killing, that is a blanket term that includes all forms of life. Does this mean the eight honourable member (he due get right doesn't he?) Doesn't clan himself, and if he does doesn't use soap? Am I also to take it that he does not cook, hell, eat any food? For to do so would involve killing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hahaha, I just got to stick to the goal. I Can't do much worse than Natalie Bennett now, could I?
No, I think you'd do a bit better than her haha

But aren't you worried that if you made the Greens that 'moderate' (i.e moderate enough to have a 40p top rate of tax when the currently want 60p) you're making them into Labour or the Liberals? Heck you may well make the Greens economically right to my Labour Party.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry, I don't mean to be classist here, it's just the fact that Jammy Duel mentioned Polo earlier, the only polos I know are the mints, and I don't wanna be spending £5 a pint in some pub in London with some people I don't really know, talking about things in which I don't have a clue about. If there's 10 people or more going though, then I'd be more than happy to go.
Haha, fair enough lol, I can see why - if it were in August, then I'd be coming, and I'd be more than happy to find somewhere selling pints for £2.50 and talk about ****...
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is the net meet actually happening. I also shan't be going if there are only a few of us.

It's also better I know sooner rather than later because if not/only a few I can go home a week earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should have put the meet for after I get to uni. smh.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
26.11%
No (133)
73.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed