Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    That's pretty rude of them, what have they said on the phone?
    I'm crying at the moment, so haven't phoned them yet

I'm really debating whether I should go there or not though. I've always been in my insurance (York St John) as it was unconditional. I'm thinking of ringing them up first and saying my situation?

Really narked to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mint_chocolate)
    No... I am not able to call them since I am not living in the UK FML
    That's not a reason. If you're using that as an excuse eg £10 on a phone call then you don't deserve to go to that university! You're about to spend thousands on a degree yet you don't want to pick up the phone and do something about making sure you get in? #facepalm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenGeorge)
    the uni hasnt rejected me yet but i didnt get the grades. do i call them through clearing?
    Call up their number they advertise on their website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Congratulations!
    Thank-you, just relieved really as I was sure I had blown it with Chemistry! Reading your posts on the Cardiff page really helped me this year, just a shame I won't get to go there as I would have firmed it, loved the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    A*A*A*A
    Congratulations! Excellent results and no doubt well deserved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    I'm crying at the moment, so haven't phoned them yet

I'm really debating whether I should go there or not though. I've always been in my insurance (York St John) as it was unconditional. I'm thinking of ringing them up first and saying my situation?

Really narked to be honest
    Something like that would put me off a uni, i d call them calmly and ask them to explain themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geoffthesheep)
    Does anyone know why i have a smallcircle next to my A grade on my aqa results sheet
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-suppor...ts/results-day
    There's nothing there for a circle - have you spoken to your school/teachers? It could be something they added.

(Original post by BenGeorge)
    the uni hasnt rejected me yet but i didnt get the grades. do i call them through clearing?
    Call them up on their admissions/clearing hotline and find out when you will get a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    I don't think I have the determination to repeat it next year, I was expecting an A*, ending up with a B devastated me
    Do you have the option to go and speak to your teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You need to call them, an email wont get you an answer that quickly. Can you borrow a phone? They might have a number for international students to call.
    I guess Ill try.. Thank you so much tho!!!:heart:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone on the results they got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1004v)
    The option for Adjustment shows, and I assume that means I've exceeded it? I've seen a few screenshots where people haven't had the Adjustment button show up next to their confirmation.

Congrats!
    EVERYONE who gets in to their firm has the option for adjustment on Track.

It doesn't mean you've exceeded your offer (if you adjusted it is up to your universities to check you're eligible)

ReputationRep:
    Got into my first choice at York despite being two grades off, ABB. I did end up with an A in every module apart from two which could have helped maybe? I have half a mind to blame my teachers as there were parts of the history course that we were simply never taught that ended up being on the exam and my English teacher spent half a year looking at obscure poetry which was incredibly unlikely to come up on the exam.

I did end up with an A in an exam I didn't finish which I was surprised and amused at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robins620)
    Thank-you, just relieved really as I was sure I had blown it with Chemistry! Reading your posts on the Cardiff page really helped me this year, just a shame I won't get to go there as I would have firmed it, loved the place.
    Dont worry about it!

And no matter what your going to be going to med school so it doesnt matter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Do you have the option to go and speak to your teachers?
    I self studied Biology, however, I am thinking of remarking one of the papers because I believe I got higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-suppor...ts/results-day
    There's nothing there for a circle - have you spoken to your school/teachers? It could be something they added.

Call them up on their admissions/clearing hotline and find out when you will get a decision.
    Yeah, they sent my application to the course director who will review my application and my track will update later. Fingers crossed..

ReputationRep:
    I'm so ecstatic!!! Got into Manchester uni!!! Which was insurance now waiting for my firm which had lower requirements so happy!

ReputationRep:
    I met my offer for my firm, but say I changed my mind and I want to do a gap year how do I go about doing this?
    Do I contact my uni, or can I just withdraw my ucas application??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Missed my offer for Southampton by one grade -.- can't believe they didn't let me in

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS track says that my insurance has rejected me (science foundation CCC) but i havent got an update for firm??does this mean i've been rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    Didn't get into anything. Can't remember the last time I wasn't disappointed with an outcome in my life. Oh well, **** this world
    Computer Science yes?Have you got your grades yet? There's a lot of really good places in clearing for CompSci or for similar Computer & management/project management type courses...or plenty of other routes into CS work without a degree.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.