Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate England Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I really hope Cashley, Lampard and Gerrard retire after the World Cup. Have nothing against them being in the squad next year but after that it's time to move on, Gibbs would probably be the main beneficiary. I was shocked to find he's still only 24 as it feels like he's been around forever.
    Took him four years to recover after the beast that is Park Ji Sung destroyed him in the CL Semi :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I really hope Cashley, Lampard and Gerrard retire after the World Cup. Have nothing against them being in the squad next year but after that it's time to move on, Gibbs would probably be the main beneficiary. I was shocked to find he's still only 24 as it feels like he's been around forever.
    They almost certainly will. The thing about international service is that people talk about it in emotional rather than rational terms, England 'owe' Gerrard/Lamps/Cole one more world cup after 300 odd caps etc and maybe they do. But absolutely not doubt that it Baines(and imo Gibbs) was wearing Chelsea blue that he's have relegated Cole to the bench a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who doesn't see anything special in Andros Townsend, after the Montenegro game the commentators were getting all excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Took him four years to recover after the beast that is Park Ji Sung destroyed him in the CL Semi :coma:
    Baptism of fire, Almunia behind you and Denilson in front. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, back to the England we all know and love!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lamptard for Carrick? No!

ReputationRep:
    Lampard on for Carrick? what the ****?

don't get that change at all.

ReputationRep:
    Want to see Carrick + JW at one point tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    lol i thought he was 20/21, shows what i know. It's probably why i've rated him a bit higher, at 20/21 his potential sphere would be a lot higher, still a very good player imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    lol i thought he was 20/21, shows what i know. It's probably why i've rated him a bit higher, at 20/21 his potential sphere would be a lot higher, still a very good player imo.
    He spent half his time injured. Be a brave man to take him to tournament, although he seems to be okay now. Coming good around 24 isn't really a problem got a good 7 seasons at the top yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Baines and Cole are still streets ahead of Gibbs, I can understand Lampard and Gerrard, and they probably will retire, but who will replace them? They are both still great players. Just look at John Terry, he retired and is clearly being missed in the England back 4.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see a stat of the percentage of games under Woy which have involved Milner. Not a bad sub, but he loves the guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brazil here we come Gerrard finishes the job!

ReputationRep:
    aww well thats nice

Gerad, captian, gets the final goal to secure englands place in the WC..

Will make good headlines, and a good photo for tommorows papers

ReputationRep:
    beautiful by gerrard!

ah relief :p:

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard :love:

ReputationRep:
    Brazil 2014, England will be there.

Everyone better start liking this page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Engla...764228?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Get in Gerrard. I just put a bet on 2-0 too, so I'm chuffed

ReputationRep:
    Rooney man of the match? What planet is Townsend on.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard still has it :love:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.