Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
The Daleks worked well in earlier series. People did find them quite scary.

I want the Angels to not come back. It would leave that chill factor regarding them if they appear only a couple of times. The more they get 'defeated' the easier and less scary they will become.
Yeah, I think the Angels will win this time.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Yeah, I think the Angels will win this time.
Depends on what you would classify as a win. :holmes:
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 6 years ago
I thought some of you might be interested in this tshirt. http://www.qwertee.com/

Picture of the tshirt
Spoiler:
Show
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chancellorroberts)
Just watched episode 2 on the iPlayer. I thought it was a bit weird that the Doctor condemned someone to their death.
Same! :eek:
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abbieastoria)
Dalek episodes are amongst my worst, possibly because I don't find them scary at all, I can't take them seriously they just look like pimped up wheelybins. Weeping Angels are truly terrifying, as have worked well with both Tennant and Smith I would live to see them again

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
:laugh:

I like the Daleks. Although, I much agree, I don't find them as scary as any others like the weeping angels. :eek:
I did think the return of the daleks was good though. I feel like they should probably start evolving though, their 'speed' is just abysmal. Feel like Rory could have casually strolled through the room and still been fine in Episode 1. (':
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lizolove)
:laugh:

I like the Daleks. Although, I much agree, I don't find them as scary as any others like the weeping angels. :eek:
I did think the return of the daleks was good though. I feel like they should probably start evolving though, their 'speed' is just abysmal. Feel like Rory could have casually strolled through the room and still been fine in Episode 1. (':
In fairness, those Daleks were only just waking up again. For what were daleks considered too dangerous by the daleks, they were grossly underpowered, but they weren't going to be at full power straight off.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
In fairness, those Daleks were only just waking up again. For what were daleks considered too dangerous by the daleks, they were grossly underpowered, but they weren't going to be at full power straight off.
True. But the daleks who weren't in the asylum were quite slow too. I want to see Daleks going mega speed. (':
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Link to a review (major spoiler free) for the episode tonight here
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
True. But the daleks who weren't in the asylum were quite slow too. I want to see Daleks going mega speed. (':
I don't think they were slower than normal, and if they were not by much.
rmhumphries
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abbieastoria)
Dalek episodes are amongst my worst, possibly because I don't find them scary at all, I can't take them seriously they just look like pimped up wheelybins. Weeping Angels are truly terrifying, as have worked well with both Tennant and Smith I would live to see them again

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Wheelie-bin monsters were done in NS1E1 with the one that 'ate' Mickey
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No episode thread then?
Ape Gone Insane
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
No episode thread then?
As seen last week, there's no actual point in separate episode threads. We have a clear 'no spoiler' policy here and the poll can be changed every week. The discussion is always the same in both threads too.
Ape Gone Insane
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'll probably catch this episode later; have Private International Law cases to read. :emo:
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fair enough.

Spoiler:
Show

Now then, if they're on earth (as I'd guess by the mexico stuff) and 10 years before electricity (so 1800's), does it not seem odd the townsfolk don't seem to be that shocked by a half-alien half-robot bad-guy hunting down their alien doctor?
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lesson learnt: Don't eat whilst watching Doctor Who, or you'll miss crucial parts in the episode.
Why didn't the robot man cross the town's border originally?
Also, the robot man's voice is so deep, I can't understand what he is saying. ¬_¬
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lesson learnt: Don't eat whilst watching Doctor Who, or you'll miss crucial parts in the episode.
Why didn't the robot man cross the town's border originally?
Also, the robot man's voice is so deep, I can't understand what he is saying. ¬_¬
He didn't cross it originally to avoid killing innocents - same reason he pulled out of shooting when Rory and the sheriff were running.
Bobifier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't decide about that episode. I liked the moral grayness in the middle, but then it seemed to stop being so complicated with no further consideration. I also didn't understand the idea of a war machine that announced its intentions before carrying them out - if I were a war mechanic I would feel that that added a certain degree of predictability.

On the plus side, next week's episode looks interesting
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He didn't cross it originally to avoid killing innocents - same reason he pulled out of shooting when Rory and the sheriff were running.
Ah right, ok, thanks. But didn't he aim for Rory and the Sheriff?
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I fell asleep halfway through that. All I remember is Kryten wandering around the Wild West with a gun for an arm. :erm:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I actually really enjoyed that episode.

With regards to next week

Spoiler:
Show
You can definitely tell Rory and Amy are ageing, so we might well be seeing out the rest of their lives next week before the heart breaking end of Time of Angels
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads