Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    :jumphug: Hope you manage it I found it incredibly sad what happened
    im building myself up to it.
    i was a mess when he nearly died, let alone this time

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh. Everything's been so much worse again since I got back to uni. I was terrified of coming back because I know stress can often play a big role in making my anxiety & depression worse, and it definitely has so far. I've mentioned it to my personal tutor and the welfare tutor and I'm starting counselling again on Monday, but right now I feel so overwhelmed by everything.

I've got a piece of coursework (a 2,500 lab report in the style of a scientific paper which constitutes 40% of the marks of a 20-credit module) to do by the 24th (and I couldn't have started it any earlier because we only finished in the lab on Thursday this week) and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing with it at all, and feeling overwhelmed about it is making me procrastinate more. I keep getting upset about it around my boyfriend who keeps saying that I'll be fine because I'm clever but I don't feel fine or clever. I just feel like I want to give up and go home a lot of the time at the minute, I just feel like I don't want to be here, like I'm not good enough. I'm hoping it's just this piece of work and the time constraint and just not knowing where to start with it that's making me feel bad, because I don't think I could deal with feeling like this all year even though it's nowhere near as bad as I felt last year.

I just keep thinking "why?" - I'm studying at a great university and sitting on a 66% average from last year, I have a family who love me and a wonderful boyfriend who loves me (and who I'll have been with for 2 years next Saturday), yet I feel like giving up a lot of the time. I hate how mental illness can just happen and make you unhappy when you have no reason to be.

ReputationRep:
    really struggling right now for some reason.

cant find any motivation to do my essay, i dont even know HOW to do it :sad:
    also have to find motivation to hang the washing out but cant be arsed, currently hiding on an arm chair in the bedroom listening to music in my headphones so im not part of the world

keep taking my meds late aswell at the moment

need to also talk to my mum about getting some more, but not sure how to go about it

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm just checking in

I hope you're all well and I 100% believe in you all! You may not believe you are, but you're all special in your own way. Don't worry about what others say, try and be the best version of you Keep that faith and take care and I wish you all the best :hugs:

How long should a post be before a thread should be made?

ReputationRep:
    Cant ddo hthis. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys I've got a question, how long should a post be before it's considered thread worthy?
    It doesn't matter how long the post is, as long as it has its own clear topic (aka a question, or conversation topic, etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    PM me you want or if you have skype you can add me on there hun
    youll be ok i promise :hugs:

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    It doesn't matter how long the post is, as long as it has its own clear topic (aka a question, or conversation topic, etc).
    I'm trying to find out what's going on with me and where I can go to get help but in order to actually find out I'd have to post a rather long explanation, would you say it's more suitable to put that in here or in a thread?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You're doing great lovely - SO proud of you :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    really struggling right now for some reason.

cant find any motivation to do my essay, i dont even know HOW to do it :sad:
    also have to find motivation to hang the washing out but cant be arsed, currently hiding on an arm chair in the bedroom listening to music in my headphones so im not part of the world

keep taking my meds late aswell at the moment

need to also talk to my mum about getting some more, but not sure how to go about it
    :jumphug: I'm also struggling with completing work that is due in on Monday, I don't have the motivation and I don't even know how to start. And I keep forgetting to take my meds :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Sorry to hear you feel that way Willum :hugs:

One way to look at it is there will always be someone better at doing things than you, it sounds harsh but it might also help you accept that. Who cares if you're not the best? If you're striving to do your best thats all that counts. You don't have to be the best in the world. Only a few people in the world can say they are the best in the world at something, should every other person be miserable because they are not? Your goal should be to be the best person you can be!

Besides Willum you're a funny guy and you seemed like a really nice person so chin up
    I understand that there will always be someone better than me but that's not the problem, it's that everything i do isn't special in any way, i want to strive to be better but the best person i can be isn't very decent...

Thanks, I can go from being really happy and normal and then the next minute I just realise what i am and it brings back the depression, i want to be happyyyy :huff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    I'm sorry to hear you're finding it so difficult. I don't know if this will help at all or not but not everyone CAN be the best at something. There aren't enough things for everyone. At Uni especially you will be exposed to people's successes but that is not everything. You are still at such an early stage in your life and you WILL make accomplishments in the rest of your life. It's a harsh wait sometimes and you may not even recognise just what you have achieved for a long time but there will be things, great things.
    You will pretty much only be meeting people who have made some sort of achievement at Uni, or that's how it will seem at least. Those who haven't will tend to stay quiet about it while those who have will usually want to be more talkative about it. Just getting into Uni is a huge achievement- tacky line but it's true. So you have already made achievements that others have not just by being there.
    It's rough sometimes to hear about everything others are good at, but try not to compare yourself so much and not to let it get you down. Your time will come.
    Life is a game of patience. You need alot of it to get by without a scratch and nobody has that much patence but any scratch you get on the way will be wort it once you recognise just what you have achieved.
    It may not be something visable like football or maths but it can be equally momentous every time you talk to somebody. You are changing their life by doing that and if you are a good person then each interaction you have with anybody is bettering the world around you in ways you don't even know.

I tend to ramble on a lot but I hope I could help a little. ugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's my problem, I hate not knowing what I'm going to achieve in my life as my biggest fear is not getting anywhere with my life and just doing something I hate
    I'm going to force myself to get better physically as that's something that has bothered me for too long, i also want to start making YouTube videos but i couldn't think of what i should do that hasn't been done before...i had an idea of buying a camera and asking people to do something that they tell me to, anything, and i do it. As long as i don't get told to kill someone i think i could be quite fun :ahee: until then I'm still the same boring person
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    It's finally starting to really hit me. I have friends over and I just can't remember how emotions are supposed to work. I'm just doing the face movements that i think work. I just want to sit alone all snuggled up with blankets. I just want to have alone time and there's nowhere for me to go so that i can be alone. Everything feels too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ok guys i admit i MIGHT be awesome, not that i am, just that i am willing to admit i might be

x
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    ok guys i admit i MIGHT be awesome, not that i am, just that i am willing to admit i might be

:yay: :woo:

PRSOM :sad:

I admit that I might be amazing and I'm proud of myself for doing so well.

ReputationRep:
    :yay: :woo:

PRSOM :sad:

I admit that I might be amazing and I'm proud of myself for doing so well.

bloody persom :sad:

and you ARE amazing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    bloody persom :sad:

and you ARE amazing :yep:
    Well you definitely are too. :yep:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I fell out the sleepy tree and hit every branch, bet it's the risperidone. The voices told me this is what they want, if I'm so tired I'll be easily subdued when they come. I'm scared.

ReputationRep:
    So paranoid at the moment
    Constantly feel sick and i dont know why and everytime i do feel sick im terrified incase i am sick

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.