Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Europa League would be used as a second string team (unless somehow top 4 comes under threat, no chance of that happening)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm very curious to see how Wenger approaches the EL. I remember the last time Arsenal were in it they made the final and lost to a very strong Galatasaray side with Rustu, Popescu, Hagi, Hakan Sukur etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Different era though. The English entitlement and the disdain towards EL didn't exist then. Now everyone is on the redknapp anti-EL bandwagon.

ReputationRep:
    had a dream Coquelin chipped Neuer 40 yards out :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Wenger on a Ballon D'Or shortlist... even Arsenal fans wouldn't think this is rational now :facepalm:

Would have put Dnipro's coach in there instead (for reaching the Europa League final) but turns out he hadn't managed for four years before he got the job
    Or River Plate's coach for winning the Copa Libertadores but he got dismissed from the touchline during the final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Wenger on a Ballon D'Or shortlist... even Arsenal fans wouldn't think this is rational now :facepalm:
    Scenes when he comes 4th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Scenes when he comes 4th
    Don't they announce only a top 3?

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but teams get a qualification to the CL if they win the Europa right? So essentially, if Liverpool or Spurs took it seriously - they could get themselves a CL place?

This would see 5 British teams get CL football?

I don't see why we're the only country to not take the Europa League seriously. It gives us almost as many coefficient points as the CL will & teams like Liverpool or Spurs have more of a chance in entering the CL next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When Ozil and Alexis attempt to chip away at the Bayern defence and Alaba is just like nah:

ReputationRep:
    What's the score gonna be tonight lads then?

I've got my popcorn ready :awesome:

Inb4 jinx and you win 3-1

ReputationRep:
    Luis Enrique will win it, but agree that Dnipro's manager should be on there - they've just gone 50 league games unbeaten. Wenger's only remarkable result this year was the FA Cup Final against a poor Villa side. Koeman should be up there too as well as Dieter Hecking at Wolfsburg. The guy turned Dost from their 3rd choice striker to the top scorer in the Bundesliga in the 2nd half of the season, finished second in the league, won the DFB Pokal and made Bendtner absolutely rek Bayern.

These things are political anyway - really not sure how Iniesta keeps getting nominated for the Ballon D'Or or in the TOTY; and more often than not it's always the player who's the hot topic/been playing very well for the last 6 months who end's up winning it. This time last month no-one would have had Lewandowski in their top 5, maybe even 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    What's the score gonna be tonight lads then?

I've got my popcorn ready :awesome:

Inb4 jinx and you win 3-1
    4-2 IMO I reckon we'll put up a fight but it just won't be enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    4-2 IMO I reckon we'll put up a fight but it just won't be enough
    In fairness in this current form with Lewandoski playing like a manic there is really no team I'd fancy too much over Bayern.

Fact that it's a home will help but I'd be surprised if you can stop them. Still, would be very 'Arsenal' to get something today after losing to Dinamo and Olympiacos.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    International breaks are so f*cking boring. Can't wait for Lewandowski to put 4 past us in a week or so.

If you want to be less bored during future breaks then I humbly suggest placing several long term accumulators during the season.

This gives you great interest in all manner of leagues and dozens of matches every week.

( I also hope Lewandowski sticks 4 past you. Not cos I'm a Spurs *fan but because I have him at 16-1 for top Champs lge scorer )

* As a Spurs fan I hope you thrash Bayern twice...............
    Spoiler:
    Show
    .........and then lose to Zagreb and Olympiacos again.In the last minute of added on time

ReputationRep:
    3-1 Bayern. 2-0 at half time. Me to get kicked out after drop kicking Moh onto Holloway Road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    Ospina out. Now watch me whip......watch me nea nea
    **** off. The song you should have used is this

In respect of our Latino and Spanish contingent. More specifically Alexis Sanchez :eyes:

Starts at 00:29

Eyes was a reference to Ozil.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    10 mins into Bayern Munich and chill and he gives you this look

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Bayern Munich and Chill :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to tonight.

Don't expect anything, just want to see where we are as a team

Gonna be a yolo type performance imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think Arsenal can get a result today.

Lets be honest Arsenal are going to have to park the A380 but reckon it's going to be a good match.

ReputationRep:
    Also it's one of those games where the fans might actually turn up & make the atmosphere worthwhile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.