Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    I met my offer for my firm, but say I changed my mind and I want to do a gap year how do I go about doing this?
    Do I contact my uni, or can I just withdraw my ucas application??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll need to contact the uni because when you firmed them you entered an agreement that you'll be going to that university if you met their requirements. They may release you if they're happy with your reasons but they're under no obligation to do so.

ReputationRep:
    I met my offer for my firm, but say I changed my mind and I want to do a gap year how do I go about doing this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll need to contact the uni because when you firmed them you entered an agreement that you'll be going to that university if you met their requirements. They may release you if they're happy with your reasons but they're under no obligation to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    CONGRATULATIONS! :awesome :woo: :party: :woo:
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    I self studied Biology, however, I am thinking of remarking one of the papers because I believe I got higher
    Good idea

(Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    I'm so ecstatic!!! Got into Manchester uni!!! Which was insurance now waiting for my firm which had lower requirements so happy!
    Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm pretty sure you can just withdraw, but you would need to re-apply. Do you want to defer your place?

(Original post by Nahimjustaworm)
    Missed my offer for Southampton by one grade -.- can't believe they didn't let me in
    :console: . Did you meet your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    you can just withdraw your ucas application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingOfEnthalpy)
    My UCAS track says that my insurance has rejected me (science foundation CCC) but i havent got an update for firm??does this mean i've been rejected?
    Give your firm a call and find out what's going on with your firm.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had this last year for Durham as I wanted to take a gap year & reapply for a different course/uni. What I did was withdraw my UCAS application and student finance applications, then I phoned Durham to let them know that's what I had done.

HOWEVER. if you still want to do that course at that uni, but just to defer a year, it's definitely worth phoning them first to see if they could defer your place for next year's entry!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahimjustaworm)
    Missed my offer for Southampton by one grade -.- can't believe they didn't let me in

They've got a new VC who's super strict on grades

(Original post by KingOfEnthalpy)
    My UCAS track says that my insurance has rejected me (science foundation CCC) but i havent got an update for firm??does this mean i've been rejected?
    It means they either haven't decided or haven't told UCAS yet, They might want to make you an offer for a different course - ring your firm once you have your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KythingToWrite)
    Guys anyone on here know how long I should have to wait to get my CAS letter? Will the uni send it in automatically or do I have to call them up or something?
    You have to contact them - at least that's what I did. It's safe to assume that it will take a couple of weeks as they will be producing a large volume of CAS statements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Call your uni - I'd wait until this afternoon if I were you

ReputationRep:
    Very happy right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adtr0706)
    Very happy right now
    Glad to hear it

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're all doing okay, and got the grades you wanted!

ReputationRep:
    got into my first choice but desperately don't want to tell my parents my grades as they are still embarrassing and I know they will secretly still be disappointed....

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the boundaries you need for an A*, A, B etc in terms of UMS?
    I know its 480 for an A in a 6 unit a level, what about 4 unit and what do you need for an A*

ReputationRep:
    Can I call a uni and ask about a course that's not on clearing to see if they'd let me on that instead or is it a waste of time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phaggit)
    got into my first choice but desperately don't want to tell my parents my grades as they are still embarrassing and I know they will secretly still be disappointed....
    Who cares!? It's your future, not theirs! You got into your top Uni and that's all that matters. You should be happy, and so should they.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on getting into your first choice
    I'm sorry that you are finding hard to tell your parents, In all honesty it is up to you, but so long as you got in to the University, I'm sure they'd be still proud of you.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

If you got into your first choice there is absolutely no reason to be embarrassed! Just as those going through Clearing shouldn't feel embarrassed either.

Now you just need to keep up the hard work at University! I'm sure your parents will be proud.

Where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    you've got to tell them one way or another, may as well come right out and say it my friend. good luck to you

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.