ReputationRep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    9Gag! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    9Gag! :love:
    Just discovered. To think, I was gonna revise...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Just discovered. To think, I was gonna revise...
    I've put on an access block on 9gag.com until I finish my SSC

ReputationRep:
    I've put on an access block on 9gag.com until I finish my SSC
    Is that one of the 'cold turkey' programs or something? I seriously need to do this. Exams in 6 weeks... I'M ****ED!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Is that one of the 'cold turkey' programs or something? I seriously need to do this. Exams in 6 weeks... I'M ****ED!!
    Nah I set an IP block through my router, then edited the hosts files on my computers to redirect to wikipedia/SSC related stuff.

Easily undone but troublesome too so it works :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I used LeechBlock during the essay week from hell. It backfired on me last week when I needed to get on here to mod something and discovered I'd allowed myself 1 minute of access per 24hrs on a Friday, with a lockout on the settings :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I seriously need to do something for the next 6 weeks at least. Then the 10 weeks after that. Then for life.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I set an IP block through my router, then edited the hosts files on my computers to redirect to wikipedia/SSC related stuff.

Easily undone but troublesome too so it works :yep:
    Host files, classy. I had TSR, Facebook and Reddit blocked till... 6 minutes ago. :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Host files, classy. I had TSR, Facebook and Reddit blocked till... 6 minutes ago. :holmes:

Guessing you're done with exam prep?

ReputationRep:
    I like doing things at the last minute - although my work rate seems to only be efficient under stress. Challenge accepted.

ReputationRep:

Guessing you're done with exam prep?
    For the night, blocking everything again now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    For the night, blocking everything again now.
    Crack on... those arrhythmias aren't going to learn themselves!

e: unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    I find those blockers a waste of time. Ill just remove them eventually and if its got a lock out /more complicated removal it'll just take me more time which is a form of procrastination in itself.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    I find those blockers a waste of time. Ill just remove them eventually and if its got a lock out /more complicated removal it'll just take me more time which is a form of procrastination in itself.
    As long as your paying attention in lectures though, you shouldn't need to have a blocker...hang on aren't you in a lecture right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedystef)
    :rolleyes:

As long as your paying attention in lectures though, you shouldn't need to have a blocker...hang on aren't you in a lecture right now?
    Haters gonna hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :coma:

They are. I used to do that after my A Level exams. Now, people just tend to gravitate towards the nearest Spoons.
    Post-exam nap -> post-nap fun times?

I remember this time last year I was probably asleep, had finished phase 1 oscpe and phase 1 written exams.

I've never really blocked anything (even a facebook deactivation only lasted a day), but I don't go on TSR much really so not an issue there. We have a facebook group for phase 1 and phase 2 where you post questions and other medics answer. Was incredibly helpful as you could discuss things (also good at finding other desperate medics to discuss spinal tract lesions with at 5am in the morning).

ReputationRep:
    I just realised today - ive never scrubbed up for surgery ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    I just realised today - ive never scrubbed up for surgery ever.
    My day today:

8.25am
    Surgeon->Me:"Well are you gonna scrub up then?. I'm going to need someone to assist me."
    Me->Nurse: "How do I get scrubbed in?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    My day today:

8.25am
    Surgeon->Me:"Well are you gonna scrub up then?. I'm going to need someone to assist me."
    Me->Nurse: "How do I get scrubbed in?"
    Someone else in the same boat as me!
    However - what year are you in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.