Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Thankyou
    Aw that's sooo cool, I think people that play instruments are super talented
    I miss grade 7 le sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh, if you can figure out how your muscle memory works, learning an instrument is not too hard and just requires time and practice :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    Very prestigious! I hope it all works out for you!
    Thank you! I hope nobody else applies

There are like 13 places or something so I mean that's not terrible odds...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Thank you! I hope nobody else applies

There are like 13 places or something so I mean that's not terrible odds...
    Well there was 12 ish places for my firm choice of course and I got an offer so anything is possible! :-D

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, that sounds amazing! I hope you get it! Free food though ;-)

Thank you, but you're going for your diploma though! I haven't even thought about grade 8! *Dramatic sigh in admiration*
    Doing 12-15 minutes of performing was enough for me in my A2 recital!
    Grade 8 is basically the same as grade 7 I thought! Although I'd imagine the syllabus varies more with instruments as opposed to musical theatre exams
    Gawd it's so tiring isn't it :-( my programme is 25mins I think
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Tbh, if you can figure out how your muscle memory works, learning an instrument is not too hard and just requires time and practice :lol:
    I do have three guitars I just get annoyed at them soooo easy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Grade 8 is basically the same as grade 7 I thought! Although I'd imagine the syllabus varies more with instruments as opposed to musical theatre exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess so because you can have a variety of genres! Musical theatre is great though, the theatre is my life!! I'm going to see Dirty Dancing on Saturday!
    Have fun with that! At least with concerts and shows and things you can have breaks in between items but recitals are the literal bane of my life!!!
    I'm sure you'll be great though :-)

ReputationRep:

I do have three guitars I just get annoyed at them soooo easy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you get annoyed at your guitars? It's not really their fault..? :lol: Unless they somehow decide to un-tune themselves while you're playing

ReputationRep:
    I need help

So I was filling out my mum's financial information on student finance and managed to write the WRONG DATE OF BIRTH. I've already submitted it and don't know how to change it

Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess so because you can have a variety of genres! Musical theatre is great though, the theatre is my life!! I'm going to see Dirty Dancing on Saturday!
    Have fun with that! At least with concerts and shows and things you can have breaks in between items but recitals are the literal bane of my life!!!
    I'm sure you'll be great though :-)
    Yessss I absolutely love it oh wow that will be sooo good! My favourite musicals are Wicked, Les Misérables and Miss Saigon
    Yeahhh definitely hahah I'm gonna need a bottle of water I think for sure
    Thankyouu :-) will post the rundown on here after I've done it haha
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Why do you get annoyed at your guitars? It's not really their fault..? :lol: Unless they somehow decide to un-tune themselves while you're playing
    Lmaooo I just get so frustrated that I'm crap hahaha, it's not my sweet fenders fault

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yessss I absolutely love it oh wow that will be sooo good! My favourite musicals are Wicked, Les Misérables and Miss Saigon

Lmaooo I just get so frustrated that I'm crap hahaha, it's not my sweet fenders fault

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, you know, if you want to get better, there's something called purposeful practice

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes definitely! Let us know how it goes!
    Oh my goodness I love Wicked that is my favourite of all time! Along with Lion King! I really want to see Les Mis but no one will go with me :-(((
    I have to go to theatre several times a year, my auntie always used to take me when I was little and I've definitely caught the theatre bug!

ReputationRep:
    Got all my responses now so I get to start student finance. I feel like the fun is only just beginning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    Got all my responses now so I get to start student finance. I feel like the fun is only just beginning.
    The fun begins after all the paperwork :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reacher65)
    I need help

So I was filling out my mum's financial information on student finance and managed to write the WRONG DATE OF BIRTH. I've already submitted it and don't know how to change it

Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd call them asap and just let them know, they will be able to change it pretty easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    Congratulations! Yeah... Have fun>.< student finance is a pain

ReputationRep:
    Off to Twickenham

ReputationRep:
    RIP Top Gear.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    RIP Top Gear.
    Eh, Sky will probably just offer them a ton of money to set up what will essentially be the same show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Eh, Sky will probably just offer them a ton of money to set up what will essentially be the same show.
    Hopefully, I haven't watched the show for quite a while though. The BBC should just give up on it, I doubt it would even get a quarter of it's current viewers with different hosts.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Hopefully, I haven't watched the show for quite a while though. The BBC should just give up on it, I doubt it would even get a quarter of it's current viewers with different hosts.
    Tbf there wasn't much the BBC could do. Anyone who throws a punch at another guy in a workplace shouldn't get away with it but yeah Top Gear's pretty much dead now without him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Tbf there wasn't much the BBC could do. Anyone who throws a punch at another guy in a workplace shouldn't get away with it but yeah Top Gear's pretty much dead now without him.
    Yeah I wasn't defending Clarkson, he should definitely be sacked for punching someone in the face over some food.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.