Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    woodwork again ****ing hell.

ReputationRep:
    Oof, a metre further to the left.

ReputationRep:
    Henderson with a Gerrard-esque run through the middle

We look so much better without Gerrard in the midfield.

ReputationRep:
    we're absolutely DESTROYING them!
    please get a second goal guys.

would be typical liverpool to outclass a team so much and then draw 1-1 after a defensive nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard is being greedy and taking snapshots when he has more time ffs.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    would be typical liverpool to outclass a team so much and then draw 1-1 after a defensive nightmare.
    I was just going to say this.

ReputationRep:
    Borini man

ReputationRep:
    That pass :coma:

Just a pity it was to Borini.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah terrible finishing by Borini.

Better finish your chances but Sunderland are opening up and the tempo that your midfield is playing at is suffocating them. If you can keep this intensity early on in the second half no doubt you'll kill them. But I have the feeling Sunderland will try and park the bus until the end of the game.

The team is definitely playing with confidence and I'd be inclined to put on Sterling. Maybe for Gerrard and if the game has been done put on Balotelli.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Borini should have stayed at Sunderland rt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I was just going to say this.
    i just keep seeing us fail to score.
    it's gonna happen, this is our problem.

poyet rallies his lads at half time and tells them 1 goal is nothing - push for corners and they'll get a goal.

we've literally dominated them but it's all about how many you put in the back of the net; something we simply don't do well enough.

ReputationRep:
    Not surprising that we look better with Gerrard not in midfield, can't believd it took Rodgers this long to figure that out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

Better finish your chances but Sunderland are opening up and the tempo that your midfield is playing at is suffocating them. If you can keep this intensity early on in the second half no doubt you'll kill them. But I have the feeling Sunderland will try and park the bus until the end of the game.

The team is definitely playing with confidence and I'd be inclined to put on Sterling. Maybe for Gerrard and if the game has been done put on Balotelli.
    Sterling is still in Jamaica lol

ReputationRep:
    Sterling's not even on the bench today.

I'd be inclined to bring on Balotelli for Borini, I'd like to see Rossiter get some game time as well.

ReputationRep:
    how are we only 1-0 up?
    don't get me wrong, amazing display from the lads but it means nothing if we mess up defensively and don't get the points.

as i said, borini simply isn't good enough - hard worker but doesn't have the quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Sterling is still in Jamaica lol
    I don't even want to take a look at your bench.

ReputationRep:

All the way from Jamaica?

We could bring Manquillo on for Gerrard and move Markovic further up?

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Borini should have stayed at Sunderland rt
    He had a great last season at Sunderland so you can sort of understand him thinking he could prove himself at Liverpool with Suarez leaving? Think Rodgers has been a bit unfair on him considering how crap Balotelli has been.

(Original post by samir12)
    Not surprising that we look better with Gerrard not in midfield, can't believd it took Rodgers this long to figure that out.
    Lot of pressure on him to keep Gerrard happy in the past. Now he no longer has that problem since he's going to LA Galaxy in half a season.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Balo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    All the way from Jamaica?

We could bring Manquillo on for Gerrard and move Markovic further up?
    Manquillo isn't good attacking wise and Markovic's late runs into the box is what has been killing Sunderland. No need to change that structure until you're out of sight or if Sunderland have found a tactical solution to him being the defensive winger.

Is there any decent attacking option on your bench? Balotelli is the only one I can think of and then you can change to a 3-4-1-2.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Gerrard off, Lovren on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.