Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by michael4444)
    my firm was A*AA
    My insurance was AAB
    I rejected an AAA a while ago

I got AAB today

Ahould i get my B remarked and ring up my AAA that i rejected a while back?
    You could try, but it depends on the course and on if they still have any places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Any luck calling them a second time?
    track just updated. they confirmed. yayy.
    now should I wait for CAS?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmEternal2)
    On UCAS Track, my firm choice said my application was unsuccessful and my insurance choice hasn't responded at all yet. So I'm in a bit of a limbo. I'd already prepared myself that I may need to go into clearing so I'd chosen uni’s and courses that I would apply for if that time came, so now I feel like the longer my insurance take to reply, the less chance I have of getting a place on a course. I heard that Track won’t update until 12 noon, so I’m going to ring the uni I think – otherwise I’ll be waiting far too long for a clearing number to come through if they reject me! Can anyone give me any advice, or I there anything else I should do? Thanks
    If you have your results, call them up right now :yep:
    • Study Helper

On UCAS Track, my firm choice said my application was unsuccessful and my insurance choice hasn't responded at all yet. So I'm in a bit of a limbo. I'd already prepared myself that I may need to go into clearing so I'd chosen uni’s and courses that I would apply for if that time came, so now I feel like the longer my insurance take to reply, the less chance I have of getting a place on a course. I heard that Track won’t update until 12 noon, so I’m going to ring the uni I think – otherwise I’ll be waiting far too long for a clearing number to come through if they reject me! Can anyone give me any advice, or I there anything else I should do? Thanks
    I think it's a good idea to phone your insurance.*

Sorry about your firm.*

ReputationRep:
    Try not to panic and sit down and ring them, until you've heard directly from them, you don't know what's happening

(Original post by KythingToWrite)
    ... damn I never even knew that emoji existed Course?
    (International kid here, I'm still weirded out by how you all call it Brum? )
    Psychology!! I rang up to try and change it to Law with Criminology but the course is full still, i'm happy to have a place and still look forward to doing Psych. What about you??

hehe, that's the city's nickname!! If you're from Birmingham then you're known as a Brummy

ReputationRep:
    Got into LSE today, but with results a bit lower than expected. Oh well - onwards and upwards!

JodieHarriett18 Antigone How did you guys fare?
    • Study Helper

(Original post by zoex101)
    Can someone explain the boundaries you need for an A*, A, B etc in terms of UMS?
    I know its 480 for an A in a 6 unit a level, what about 4 unit and what do you need for an A*
    It'll be 80% for an A, 70% for a B etc. So for four modules, 160/200 for an A, 140/200 for a B etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phaggit)
    keele
    they both went to oxbridge
    Then I'm sure they're bright enough to appreciate Keele is a solid university. What are you going to study?

...and I know this may sound cheesy, but University really is what you make of it. You're in a fantastic position to take every opportunity that comes your way from now on. You've just got into your first choice! Be proud of yourself and enjoy today and the next 3+ years. They will be some of the best of your life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMACM98)
    Can I call a uni and ask about a course that's not on clearing to see if they'd let me on that instead or is it a waste of time?
    Huge waste of time

ReputationRep:
    AS-Level

D in Business (new spec)D in Psychology (new spec)C/B in Media (still old spec)Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If you've got your results then ring your insurance

Take names and job titles of who you speak to.

Explain that you have some options in clearing that you'd like to apply for and would like a decision from them ASAP. They KNOW if they're going to take you or not (they're just playing the field and using your application as a backup which is out of order) so forcing their hand won't harm your chances of a place.

ReputationRep:
    AS-Level D in Business (new spec)
    D in Psychology (new spec)
    C/B in Media (still old spec) Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...

ReputationRep:
    Earlier this year my firm said I have to achieve certain grades on my current education, I just phoned them up this morning when I found out that they have rejected me and they said they rejected me because I didn't do full GCSEs 4 years ago.

Oh well.... 😒

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMACM98)
    Can I call a uni and ask about a course that's not on clearing to see if they'd let me on that instead or is it a waste of time?
    You can try, but if they're not in clearing it's extremely unlikely that they'll have a place available.

ReputationRep:
    AS-Level
    D in Business (new spec)D in Psychology (new spec)C/B in Media (still old spec)

Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanAftab)
    If you've gone through ucas, you wouldnt get a cas i d have thought, could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phaggit)
    keele
    they both went to oxbridge
    I'm going to Keele! What are you studying? I'm studying Midwifery and Keele is 3rd in the UK for that which is why I'm going, a lot of prestige in the medical world. It's a fab uni and you need to go where you feel comfortable and where is good for your particular subject. I hasn't won 1st for student satisfaction 3 years running for nothing!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanAftab)
    Contact the international office at your university - they wont be so swamped as the clearing lines and they'll know how it works for that uni and how long you can expect to wait :yes:

[congratulations!]
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roubass)
    AS-Level
    D in Business (new spec)D in Psychology (new spec)C/B in Media (still old spec)

Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...
    Definitely. Have a look at the UCAS website for courses around the BCC grade boundaries :yep: . Unless you're willing to resit or retake the year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.