ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Be aware of the ice...

:shock:
    Why did they jump out the car?! :shock:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    Where abouts in Essex are you? In Chelmsford we have loads.
    Colchester. I went out just after writing that and it started snowing, so now we've got 4 inches. Fml.

ReputationRep:
    left southampton for birmingham at 12 yesterday afternoon............ got to brum at 10 this morning. so a usual 2 hour trip turned in 22 hours! was stuck on a34 for so long - drove about 10 miles in 14 hours :| :| and when we got off and onto the m40 there was no traffic there so didnt know what the hold up was i am so so tired. i hate snow!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i'll be staying in tomorrow. More snow forecasted! AGH!!! ¬.¬

ReputationRep:
    Weve still got no snow in durhamish area, makes a change from the blizzards the other week

ReputationRep:
    heavy snow forecasted tomorrow afternoon in london!

ReputationRep:
    BBC said it should snow here tomorrow. The hills around here are really short for sledging so I'm hoping for spontaneous snowball fights with strangers instead.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh mannn. I took the day off work today because I didn't want to drive in the snow.

Don't really want the day off tomorrow though, I'm trying to decide whether to risk driving. But I don't want another repeat of Friday - a 40 minute drive took 4 hours meaning I was three hours late to work.

Hmmmmm. Maybe I should get the bus in but that takes forever!! It's times like these I hate working that far away.

(Original post by The Stig)
      Be aware of the ice...

:shock:
      Those roads are terrible. Need to drive to around the area of which that was actually filmed tomorrow

Has any got a cold from the snow?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        I have a chest infection from the cold.

Accompanied by 10 hour shifts at Asda, and my 20 minute drive there takes over an hour in the snow,

Lovely countryside with the first few miles not gritted...

(Original post by MHorman)
          I have a chest infection from the cold.

Accompanied by 10 hour shifts at Asda, and my 20 minute drive there takes over an hour in the snow,

Lovely countryside with the first few miles not gritted...
          Sounds lovely

ReputationRep:
          Even more snow this morning, another 5 or 6 inches. We have no food left My cats really enjoying it though.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by blueray)
          Actually, the reason we obtain more colds in winter/snowy conditions is merely that we are inside ergo closer together for an increased period of time, and so spread the germs more rapidly. The notion of catching a cold 'from the snow' is ridiculous. Just saying :ahee:

ReputationRep:
          Hey guys - just felt like updating on the snow situation, after 6 inches on Friday (thankfully about an inch melted over the weekend) its been snowing here since 8 this morning and had another inch and half so far......my road hasnt been gritted today so I can only assume they've given up and are trying to keep the motorway open instead (fair play) can't really see my road anymore, occasionally a car will go down it so theres a few tracks but thats about it....getting worried about not getting home for xmas......

ReputationRep:
          Is anyone here in Birmingham? Do you have much snow? My sister's meant to be flying into the airport tomorrow, but if it's as snowny there as it is here then I reckon her flight will be cancelled

ReputationRep:
          The snow we were finally forecast has now changed to 'Sunny' :indiff: - still no snow!

ReputationRep:
          It is a bit of a war zone here atm :s:

ReputationRep:
          I love the snow

About time we got some seen as though the North West missed it when the rest of the country had tonnes of it and we had to put up with the constant news headlines when there wasn't any for us :P

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.