University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

sduggal1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rahen7)
anyone staying in roscoe and gladstone and doing dentistry or medicine?
ME!! im doing dentistry
David M
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone else feel that they're going about this accommodation business in a funny way?

I'll quote this email I'm sure most of us received...

This year we will be operating an email system for students with an unconditional offer that have been offered catered accommodation but had requested self catered and/or en-suite. To add your details to the system you must email your request to [email protected] do not contact the Accommodation Office by telephone. The email should contain your Full Name, Student ID number and information regarding your preferred choices eg: En-suite or Self Catered / On Campus or Off Campus. You will be sent an automatic reply to confirm receipt of your request.

Why? I applied/requested self-catered months ago, received my results and was confirmed my place to study in July; before A-Level results. I had an unconditional offer and had requested self catered and had been offered catered as it states. I sent an email for this request on Monday (email arrived on Sunday and any emails before 9am on the Monday would be ignored). Now I quote again from an email I received yesterday...

I can confirm I have added your details to our waiting list to change your room allocation and we will contact you when/if a suitable room becomes available. You do not need email or call the accommodation office again as your request has been logged and we will be in contact when/if another suitable room becomes available.

'When/if another suitable room becomes available'. It sounds to me that no rooms for self catered are left yet in the email that arrived on Monday, it appears everyone who requested self-catered were offered catered? So their should be plenty of rooms that are self catered? Can they not check that I requested self catered way in advance? What's going on? Oh and I wont be accepting their offer as it's £1,300 more -.-
stephjess
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kay44)
Anyone for Vine Court West block?
Yep! In A4046 x
Wee_Cheeky_Carly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yes im in roscoe and gladstone as well!!!!! what room are you in??
zoeclarex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How do you find out room numberrs?
Niamh.22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ashleigh1993)
Me neither, should be brill! Have you joined the morton house facebook group?
Yeah haha are u on it I am? I'll private mail u now on this

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
jaleelashante
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SS1993)
i am! but im studying health science!
yayyy finally what room are you in?
Kaylain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi!

Anyone knows the best 3G mobile coverage in D&R? Am on the iphone. Thanks!!
SJS11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey everyone, biovet from Essex here no idea of accomodation yet but hopefully d +R or R+G Xxxxx
freem1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
anyone wanna swap from Derby and Rathbone self-catered ensuite to Roscoe and Gladstone shared bathroom catered? :/ haha xx
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by David M)
Does anyone else feel that they're going about this accommodation business in a funny way?

I'll quote this email I'm sure most of us received...

This year we will be operating an email system for students with an unconditional offer that have been offered catered accommodation but had requested self catered and/or en-suite. To add your details to the system you must email your request to [email protected] do not contact the Accommodation Office by telephone. The email should contain your Full Name, Student ID number and information regarding your preferred choices eg: En-suite or Self Catered / On Campus or Off Campus. You will be sent an automatic reply to confirm receipt of your request.

Why? I applied/requested self-catered months ago, received my results and was confirmed my place to study in July; before A-Level results. I had an unconditional offer and had requested self catered and had been offered catered as it states. I sent an email for this request on Monday (email arrived on Sunday and any emails before 9am on the Monday would be ignored). Now I quote again from an email I received yesterday...

I can confirm I have added your details to our waiting list to change your room allocation and we will contact you when/if a suitable room becomes available. You do not need email or call the accommodation office again as your request has been logged and we will be in contact when/if another suitable room becomes available.

'When/if another suitable room becomes available'. It sounds to me that no rooms for self catered are left yet in the email that arrived on Monday, it appears everyone who requested self-catered were offered catered? So their should be plenty of rooms that are self catered? Can they not check that I requested self catered way in advance? What's going on? Oh and I wont be accepting their offer as it's £1,300 more -.-
This happened to me last year, so you just need to wait and they'll have a bunch of self catered, you'll end up with one eventually.
Elephant Stone93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by freem1)
anyone wanna swap from Derby and Rathbone self-catered ensuite to Roscoe and Gladstone shared bathroom catered? :/ haha xx
ditto
Shortie93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zoeclarex)
How do you find out room numberrs?
This! I'm def in Prospect Point but most people on the f/b group seem to know their room numbers and I have no idea argh
Bubblegoose89
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shortie93)
This! I'm def in Prospect Point but most people on the f/b group seem to know their room numbers and I have no idea argh
UoL students dont recieve prospect point room numbers until like a couple days before. John moores have already recieved theirs though.
David M
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
This happened to me last year, so you just need to wait and they'll have a bunch of self catered, you'll end up with one eventually.
So should I except my offer that expires on Sunday? I don't plan on it unless I get offered self-catered before then...
drraccoon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what do you do when you accept your offer but close the deposit page since i now no longer know how to get the deposits page back
Shortie93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by drraccoon)
what do you do when you accept your offer but close the deposit page since i now no longer know how to get the deposits page back
Somebody posted a link on the page before

http://www.liv.ac.uk/feespayment/acc...osit/index.htm
flowE
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
dale has been taken away from me and I am now apparently in Morton.. yay? nay? hahaa
BUT I'VE ALREADY PAID THE DEPOSIT FOR DALE GRRRRRR

just answer the damn phone liverpool :confused:
drraccoon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks
Northern HC
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You lot have got it all to come.. the banter between the halls and songs that get sung on the 699 from halls to uni is the stuff of legend!

Carnatic for life!

________________________________ ________
@NorthernHockeyC
Like us on FB 'NorthernHockey
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads