Probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Who said you were invited?

Thinking about it now, it's a bad idea
    Everyone lives far away from each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Bros and ho- sisters of Year 11, I think we should organise a year 11 meet up.
    It would be cool, but everyone lives so far away!. I'm not travelling to like London or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    I'm in year 11

Probably.

Why is pepsi on your angry list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Why is pepsi on your angry list?
    cos it's ****ing rank (sans max) and it's sold exclusively in KFC

ReputationRep:
    cos it's ****ing rank (sans max) and it's sold exclusively in KFC
    Azaelia Banks?

ReputationRep:
    Azaelia Banks?
    homophobic ***** who can't shut up talking **** to people.

ReputationRep:
    homophobic ***** who can't shut up talking **** to people.
    Hmm ok, last one Chicken Filla?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ok, last one Chicken Filla?
    Give money to anti-gay associations - they have been boycotted by most gay people and a lot of equal rights supporters - even though the food there is amaizng

ReputationRep:
    Give money to anti-gay associations - they have been boycotted by most gay people and a lot of equal rights supporters - even though the food there is amaizng
    Really? That's disgusting :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's disgusting :unimpressed:
    Loads of companies do it. America is cray cray
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    The sad thing is I still haven't stopped... the other day I asked "How does gravity work". Oh Tails :facepalm2:
    That's actually an extremely good question, and whoever finds the answer to that is likely to win a Nobel prize.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Geography ._.

ReputationRep:
    The OP says various people are willing to help with each subject.. I'm happy to help with Physics/Chem, I'm a real keener in them.. Top awards in Olympiads and A-Levels early.. so keen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    That's actually an extremely good question, and whoever finds the answer to that is likely to win a Nobel prize.
    It is! and it's thought to either be Gravitons or another fundamental particle, but that requires a paradigm shift as the current Standard Model doesn't predict that particle :O that's likely to be a result of work at the LHC and connected to the Higgs Boson (an excitation of the Higgs field - which gives things mass)

All Hail Gravity.

ReputationRep:
    Oh the wonders of copy and paste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGoogle)
    The OP says various people are willing to help with each subject.. I'm happy to help with Physics/Chem, I'm a real keener in them.. Top awards in Olympiads and A-Levels early.. so keen
    Please try this question

The gravitational potential energy of an astronaut, mass , between the Earth and the moon is given by the equation:

When r=distance between the moon and the Earth.
    When , the astronaut is equally attracted to the moon and the Earth. Find an expression for x when this occurs.

• Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MrGoogle)
    It is! and it's thought to either be Gravitons or another fundamental particle, but that requires a paradigm shift as the current Standard Model doesn't predict that particle :O that's likely to be a result of work at the LHC and connected to the Higgs Boson (an excitation of the Higgs field - which gives things mass)

All Hail Gravity.
    As far as my understanding of elementary particles goes: the Higgs Boson does give particles mass, and is a particle given off by an excitation of the Higgs field; just like a photon is given off by an excitation of the electromagnetic field.
    You're also right that the graviton isn't predicted by the standard model, however, we have three particles to mediate the force for the three other fundamental forces of the universe, but we're missing one for gravity - hence why the graviton is hypothesised.
    However, I'm pretty sure you're mistaken about the graviton being related to the Higgs Boson. They don't have to mutually exist, nor are they both predicted by any working theory. Nor is there reason to believe, currently, that work on the Higgs Boson will give rise to information on the graviton - mostly because of the whole lack of a working theory thing. I think the graviton is a necessitation of theories competing to unify GR with QM, but I'm not too sure about that one. The problem with the whole graviton situation is that the theories that utilise it, like string theory and quantum gravity, don't throw up many things that you can TEST experimentally, so we're kind of stuck as far as the graviton goes, but there are hopes that we'll get hints about it in some experiments looking for the existence of "gravitational waves" and topological defects in the early universe, which I don't understand in the SLIGHTEST but Ed Copeland talks a bit about here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Yep thanks i know it now it's just my teacher never taught me this +you do 15 subjects:eek:
    I only do 7... well 10 but only 7 are GCSEs, I did 4 last year and 4 in year 9 :P

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.