Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    you guys find it easy ... wtf?

I hated this exam, it's probably one of the worst exams I have ever sat in my life... the fact that you guys found it easy makes me feel like ****ing ****... FFS. I'm pissed off badly now. I know I'm not getting A* in Biology now!
    Same, I felt like it was so hard, probably the worst I've ever sat as well and all of my friends thought it was pretty easy, but I actually had to check halfway through that I wasn't doing A level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomz96)
    Did anyone not know about section d and run out of time because of it?
    i put 10 km for fertiliser 6mark and 4.9litres for the vital capacity and cortex for the inside of the kidney and weak direct relationship. Did anyone get different?
    I think I wrote 30km since that's where the amount of bacteria was the highest...but some friends gave a lower distance though.
    I wrote 4 litres for vital capacity

Did anyone else do the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    I think I wrote 30km since that's where the amount of bacteria was the highest...but some friends gave a lower distance though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said it was 10km because that's where it was dropped, and then the river carried it down stream. It was a sudden drop at 10km and a slow drop at the other end. Maybe I'm over-thinking it and it was just in the middle or something but I thought that made sense.

I got 4L for vital capacity I think, it looked liked the line went over the top of the graph.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes i did this!!!! exactly ... both answers!

ReputationRep:
    Is vital capacity not the maximum amount of air that can be breather in or out? not in AND out combined?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenS0ulz)
    Is vital capacity not the maximum amount of air that can be breather in or out? not in AND out combined?
    Ok nevermind got this question wrong haha..

ReputationRep:
    Daym... I got B for the chip graph cus as concentration increased the bendiness or the chip decreased.. :'( atleast its only one mark

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I gor 4

10 km.

At 30, it started to decrease (bacteria) which isn't right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I gor 4

10 km.

At 30, it started to decrease (bacteria) which isn't right
    I put 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the 6-marker I put 10-20km, LOL I didn't have a clue :/
    I put 4L as well for vital capacity, but I just don't know anymore. Overall I thought the exam was okay.. except section D which I knew I would struggle the most with and did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazzer19)
    Daym... I got B for the chip graph cus as concentration increased the bendiness or the chip decreased.. :'( atleast its only one mark
    I put that too

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I found this exam SO hard. The revision guides were pretty much irrelevant (which sucked because I knew all those pages inside out.)

It's worth 40%, right? So if my other 60% is all A*, and I get, say, a C in this (worst case scenario)...will I still be OK?

ReputationRep:
    I put B (I think it was B), because I thought that when the concentration of sugar was low, then water from the solution would diffuse into the potato (making it turgid), but when the concentration of sugar became too high, then water would leave the potato and enter the solution, making it flaccid...But I can't remember the exact graph so can't remember whether that was really what I was thinking :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelfalls)
    Urgh, I found this exam SO hard. The revision guides were pretty much irrelevant (which sucked because I knew all those pages inside out.)

It's worth 40%, right? So if my other 60% is all A*, and I get, say, a C in this (worst case scenario)...will I still be OK?
    I think if you got a high C you would still get a low A overall

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be like? O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucien23)
    I put 6

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm.
    (Original post by sunshinebeem)
    I put that too
    It is B. You're right :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenS0ulz)
    I think if you got a high C you would still get a low A overall
    Careful, I'll be holding you to that.

ReputationRep:
    Was expecting this to be really hard, but it was much better than I expected. I'm not too fussed about Biology, but I hope I get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelfalls)
    Careful, I'll be holding you to that.
    Minimum you'd get:

78, really high B. And those were minimum A*s and minimum Cs. So probably an A overall still...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find this too bad, actually. But I left out the ADH six marker What did you guys put for the raw milk? And I got 4L and 25KM. Do we think grade boundaries will be lower?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.